First bvc coil lasted a week now i get 1-2 day per coil

using the aspire premium kit ,50/50 juice, vaping about 4 ml a day,using coffee ejuice atm i have read a lot about this problem is there any soloution other than using different ejuice
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't see how the flavor would effect the coil's integrity or life at all. Is there anything else that changed beyond your choice of flavor after you switched your atomizer?
  • Didn't see an answer so figured I'd toss this out in case you are still wondering. If the only difference between first week and then after is the coffee juice, than its 100% the juice. The flavoring can cause clogging in your coil - anything guava is a good example. Also the darker the juice the more likely this will happen. Its the nature of the beast and nothing I'm aware of to remedy this. Some speak of cleaning their coils but I've found once water hits the coil its trash from there on.
  • NoSmoking said:

I don't see how the flavor would effect the coil's integrity or life at all. Is there anything else that changed beyond your choice of flavor after you switched your atomizer?

Actually, many of us have figured out that the flavoring DOES effect coil life. Darker, sweeter flavors shorten the life of the coil due to caramelization of the juice on the coil.

Right now, I have "Sticky Bun" flavor that is dark, and I go through coils rather quickly.

I have had a Pineapple/Cherry flavor that was clear, and the coil wouldn't die. It kept going, and going, and going. I ran out of juice, and got tired of the flavor before the coil died (actually I just threw out the coil when changing up the flavor). If I remember correctly I went through well over 120ml of juice on that coil.
  • I get varied life out of my coils, and the juice I use is clear, to begin with. I have noticed, not only in this one but in a Kanger I have, that after a few top-ups, the fluid gets darker. Is this a result of the caramelization you mentioned?
  • @Pan I've read a few things about juices getting darker with age, I think this is linked to the nicotine content too

I've noticed the same effect with a particularly sweet juice (its this one if anyone is interested - I would recommend it if you like a sweet vape http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/Blueberry_Bullhorn_E-Liquid/p1708884_9195386.aspx) but after the first tank it tends to get much darker. The juice in the bottle doesn't seem to be affected, but I've noticed the same effect in two different tanks (nautilus and iSub G tank) and over time the liquid gets much darker.

I'm guess it pretty likely that this is due to the caramelising of the juice that @Guz mentioned
  • Is there any relationship between PG/VG ratios and coil life?
  • Not that anyone has noticed, since we don't vape pure PG/VG without flavorings.

Thinking about it, VG might shorten, since it is technically sweeter than PV. But someone needs to do some tests to find that out.
  • Pan said:

Is there any relationship between PG/VG ratios and coil life?

Probably - they are different liquids with different properties. My guess would be that VG (as the thicker juice) could shorten the life of a coil, but I'm only guessing - I have no data at all to back up that suspicion.

As @Guz points out - it would need testing to understand more.

The classic YMMV will work here, we'll all be using different tanks, with slightly different resistance, in different climates (ambient temperature, humidity etc) with slightly different juices, on different mods at different voltage/wattage, with different airflow. These variables don't even account for manufacturing differences between coils...
    It would be difficult to get a decent scientific answer without more controlled variables, the best we can do for now is to measure what we can about our own vaping and share our experiences
© 2017 Powered by Aspire