Aspire ESP 30 W help and impedance help

Hi everyone,

I am new to this and have only just upgrade from an Evod Mega to an ESP 30 W with a Kangertech Subtank Mini which is my first venture into proper vaping!

I currently have the brilliant Aspire ESP 30 W and have matched it to the Kangertech Subtank Mini (I know its’s not an Aspirre, sorry) which came with a 0.5ohm coil and a 1.2ohm coil. Are they both safe to use and if so what wattage would you recommend with either? What is the difference between the two?

Also, maybe one for Aspire directly and not for the forum consumers, is it possible to upgrade the battery in the ESP30 W for a better one?

Many thanks in advance for everyone helps,

Rich
Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited June 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    No problem, I'm not from Aspire anyway ;)

If the coil is new, you must soak it long enough then take a dozen of small puffs without inhaling (horrible taste ...).
    Try that and increase the wattage a bit, it will make a difference you know.
    The ESP is safe anyway for a 30 W vape on a 0.5 ohm coil.

As I said, the 0.5 coil needs a direct lung inhale and will give you lots of clouds, but not everyone likes it that way.
    The 1.2 coil needs a mouth to lung inhale but will give you more taste (I suppose it's the case with Kanger coils).
  • Boooo ! Kanger ... Boooo ! :D

Seriously, with a 0.5 Ohm coil, you need direct lung inhale, at about 25-30 Watts.
    The 1.2 ohm coil will allow a mouth to lung inhale at between 12 to 25 Watts, depending on your taste (as showed on a product description because I don't have these).

The battery of the ESP 30W cannot be changed. With a next model perhaps ?
  • Haha, sorry about the Kanger product, my local shop does not have the Atlantis in stock at the moment and I couldn't wait to try out my new ESP 30 W. I may wait and not buy the Atlantis for now as I see you have a new tank coming :-)

I have tried vaping the 0.5ohm coil between 25 and 30 watts but it just gives a burnt taste a lot of the time. I find it is best between 15 and 17 watts. Is that a safe level with that battery and impedance coil?

What differences do the coil give when vaping?

Thank you for your help so far and I look forward to your response to my new questions :-)
  • That's great, thank you. I am currently doing direct lung inhale at 16 watts with the 0.5ohm coil, is that safe or could it damage the battery or me? Haha!
  • edited June 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Safe ! Don't worry ... although ... with a Kanger tank ... >:)
  • Haha, thanks Cegoca, although I have a feeling I won't hear the end of this until I get an Atlantis or the new tank which is being launched soon :-)
  • edited June 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Lets hope we will get surprised on Monday :D

Meanwhile, good vape !
© 2017 Powered by Aspire