1.0 ohm vs 0.5 ohm

I am confused as to the recommended wattage settings for these coils. I would assume that the 1.0 ohm coils would require less wattage than the 0.5 ohm, but according to Aspire's recommended settings, the 0.5 ohm coils is recommended for 20-30 watts, and the 1.0 ohm is recommended for 40-50 watts??? I thought as the ohm's increase, the required wattage decreases??? But the recommendations are backwards with these 1.0 ohm coils? What am I missing here? I am not a pro by any means and just started into the sub-ohm game. Currently using an iStick 30W with Atlantis 2. Works great with 0.5 ohm coil, but wanted to give the new 1.0 ohm coil a shot just to test it out. According to Aspire's recommended settings though, I will need a more powerful battery to try a higher ohm coil??? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Comments
  • 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear buttcrackjack,
    You are not the only one to ask this question.
    When I first saw it,I also felt very strange.
    After checking with our engineers,I know that the using wattage not only decided by the resistance,but also decided by the size of the wire and the distance between the wire
    After testing,for our 1.0 ohm coil,we suggest 40W-50W.

Have a nice day!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire