Nautilus BVC cotton and Nautilus BVC Wickless

Hi,

I recently ran out of the stock coils for my Nautilus (NOT mini), and I found that there are now cotton BVC coils and wickless BVC coils (I've never heard of these).

I bought a couple of packs of both, but how do I tell the difference between the two? They state Nautilus BVC Replacment Atomizer on the front. The packaging is identical. There is no mention of "cotton" or "wickless" on the packaging or the coils themselves as far as I can see. Both the cotton and wickless holes seem to have white "material" in the holes. The holes are identical sizes. So which is which?

I have got the scratch and check codes for them, and have checked on the Aspire product verification page, and they all come up as genuine, but it doesn't say what the product is, only that it is genuine.

How do I find out if I have the correct products if there is no discernible difference between these two different types of coils?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    wickless BVC coils :?: :?: :?:
    I am sorry that we never made wickless BVC coils
    We at aspire listened to customers' voice,we did change the material to full organic cotton about four months ago,about two months ago,all of our BVC coils shipped out to be full organic cotton.

Have a nice day!
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned, I checked the Scratch and Check on the boxes at the Aspire Product Verification Page and they come up as genuine.

Here is the link for the "wickless" coils I bought:

http://www.centralecigsupplies.co.uk/as ... coils.html

If Aspire have never made wickless coils, then what is this seller selling. I spoke to him, and he said he hasn't managed to get his hands on the newer cotton coils, so they can't be those.

I am confused. The pictures for these coils on the website link I gave above look wickless. I am not sure what is going on. Is there any way to trace the Scratch and Check code back to some kind of product identification to find out what they actually are? I'm beginning to get the sinking feeling that they are the original coils!

Thanks again.
  • Dear phoenix247,
    As my last post said that we never made wickless coil.
    What's more,if there is not wick cotton inside the coil,how does the coil soak up e-juice to work?

If there is no wick cotton inside the coil,we are sure it is fake aspire product.

Some sellers embezzle the original packaging box with the original scratch and check label,but the coils inside the box are fake.

Have a nice day!
  • It is a false description that's all they do have wicks. Even Aspire says "No Wick" in there discription.
    https://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-nautilusmini-bottom-vertical-coil-bvc-5-piece-p-76.html

Even though they say wickless They have wicks
  • Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

@ jinnis - I was told that instead of the traditional wick that there was some kind of wading inside. I guess the seller really doesn't know what he was talking about, or something worse.

@ thegeodeman2005 - I guess this is a case of "Lost In Translation". I probably just received the original coils. Will definitely be going for the "Cotton" coils from now on. Assuming they are cotton! Well for as long as I am using the Nautilus. With the amount of new products coming out these days, I doubt it will be for much longer once I find something leagues better. (No I won't be purchasing the Atlantis V1 or V2). I'll wait until I finish my current coils though. Waste not, want not! ;)

Thanks again.
  • phoenix247

What I think you have is a pack of the cotton BVC's and a pack of the ceramic. The package looks the same. The ceramic has smaller wicking holes on the side and the cotton has bigger holes.

I believe what they mean by "wickless" is that the actual coil is open in the center so you pull air through the coil not from around the coil like in the BDC's. The wick on BVC's is wrap around the coil on the outside which if you look in there you will see the white material under the fine screen mesh. You can also see the hole that goes all the way down through the center of the coil. I guess that's why Aspire put on there "No wick"
  • thegeodeman2005" said:
    It is a false description that's all they do have wicks. Even Aspire says "No Wick" in there discription.
    https://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-nautilusmini-bottom-vertical-coil-bvc-5-piece-p-76.html

Even though they say wickless They have wicks
    Dear thegeodeman2005,
    Thank you so much for explaining the doubt for us.
    "wick"here means the fiber rope,for the old cartomizer,the wick inside the coil is fiber rope,With the development of technology,the wick inside the coil changed to full organic cotton,no fiber rope inside the coil.

Thank you again for your help.

Best Regards.
  • They know exactly what Wick is, so I dont know how they try to fool people
    charlzrocks
© 2017 Powered by Aspire