Aspire Atlantis 2 Heating issue

This tank is sweet! Unreal threads and a rediculously good vapor production, but i'm having one fairly large issue. The tank is getting extremely hot, towards the bottom of the glass mainly a little bit above where the adjustable airflow is. Although some tanks get a little warm, it gets so hot that i can;t even touch it. I am currently using an XPRO 45 box mod, and it is working flawlessly with my other atomizers. I would love to keep using this Atlantis 2 since it is my favourite of all my tanks, but it is getting far too hot. When I am vaping at 20 watts, it gets warm after about 2 hits and extremely hot around 5. it stays hot for about 5 minutes after i dont use it. When i vape at 45 watts, it gets unbearably hot after 5 hits.
Comments
  • 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire and sorry for the inconvenience!
    Because the vapor amount of our product is very large,while using,there are much heat released,the base hardware or the glass get hot,it is normal.
    Customers can adjust the airflow hole to adjust the airflow,then adjust the vapor amount.
    Please try the smaller airflow hole.
    What's more,for our Atlantis 2 or mega,there is a adjustable cooling system,while using,customers can choose to full open/half open/close the airflow hole on the top.

At last,after few puffs,we suggest customers to let the tank have a rest.

Best Wish.
  • nate808" said:
    This tank is sweet! Unreal threads and a rediculously good vapor production, but i'm having one fairly large issue. The tank is getting extremely hot, towards the bottom of the glass mainly a little bit above where the adjustable airflow is. Although some tanks get a little warm, it gets so hot that i can;t even touch it. I am currently using an XPRO 45 box mod, and it is working flawlessly with my other atomizers. I would love to keep using this Atlantis 2 since it is my favourite of all my tanks, but it is getting far too hot. When I am vaping at 20 watts, it gets warm after about 2 hits and extremely hot around 5. it stays hot for about 5 minutes after i dont use it. When i vape at 45 watts, it gets unbearably hot after 5 hits.
    What ohm coils are you using?
  • It is the lowest one that comes with the atomizer, don't have it with me right now but I think it is the .3 or .4, don't remember.
  • Does the top of your box overheath as well ?

Perhaps it doesn't explain the heath problem, but you should try with a 0.5 Ohm coil first.
    The 0.3 Ohm Atlantis 2 coil is designed to function between 70 to 80 Watts.

Also, do you vape direct to lungs ?

What other atomizers do you use that don't have this problem ?
  • Thanks a lot. I don't think you meant to solve the issue but I wasn't aware that this atomizer was designed for 70-80W. I've been vaping it around 30 so i'm pretty certain thats where the issue is coming from. THANK YOU :)
© 2017 Powered by Aspire