Electronic cigarette can help quit smoking?

As we known, tobacco contains many chemicals are injurious to smokers and nonsmokers' health,and causes many types of illness,including cancers ,malformation,myeloid leukemia...
However,even smokers know these harms,but it is really difficult for them to quit smoking.As smoking tobacco is not only psychological addiction,but also physical addiction.We can find many tips or products for quiting smoking, but,the effect seems very little. Now, in an effort to give tobacco users recourse to treatment that can rid them of their nicotine addiction, some leading health experts across the UK have been campaigning to get E-cigarettes on the NHS. While critics of the move have lambasted the proponents for what they see to be a tacit endorsement of “vaping”, and “re-normalizing” smoking, a majority of the public policy experts and healthcare professionals have welcomed the move as a whole, the debate between the proponents and opponents is very furious.

How do you think?What is your opinion?
If electronic cigarette can help quit smoking?If your answer is yes,which brand product helped you quit smoking? Aspire or other brands?
Comments
  • 25 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • A bit more than a year now since I haven't touched any cigarette any more, after 40 years of smoking up to 40 cigs a day. I'm the first surprised.
    In the beginning, after a few tries with other material, I discovered the CE5-S and the ET-S from Aspire that suited me nicely.
    I continued with the Nautilus, normal and mini, and now I almost exclusively use Aspire material such as the ESP, CF Mod, Subohm and Maxx, Atlantis 1 and 2 in addition to the ones above.

So quitting smoking is possible and certainly with Aspire's material 8-)

I mean this with all my heart : thank you Aspire for helping me quit that poisonous tobacco !
  • My first ever vape was the Aspire Nautilus Premium Kit! My mom has it now. Cig-Free for over 8 months! I have a collection now:

eLeaf iStick 20 & 30W, Praxis mech mod and Hobo v.2 RDA, two Kanger SubTanks and my new Atlantis v.2 8-)
  • been using aspire e-pen for almost 2 days and just the thought of a regular smoke makes me sick to my stomach thank god for the tech behind all e-cigs. tried to quit once before the results were not good this time all seems to be well will check in again in a few weeks :)
  • I have been free of tobacco cigarettes for nearly 8 weeks thanks to the Aspire Nautilus Mini. I started out with the Aspire ET-S EVOD tank, but I needed more vapor. Right now, I am using a Subtank Nano on a Joyetech eGo ONE battery only because the 1.8 Ohm coils in the Nautilus Mini don't work well with that battery.
  • Wow,very nice to hear from you.
    I am very happy that you quit smoking by using aspire products

What do you think that aspire need to do or to change to help more smokers to quit smoking? :?: :?: :?:

Your voice,aspire is listening. :)
  • By May 2016 latest, the vape as we know it in Europe will be sabotaged by new regulations.
    The TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) will then imply following restrictions :
    - tanks of maximum 2ml
    - totally secure refilling of the tank (looks impossible to me)
    - constant nicotine delivery (cigarettes don't even do that)
    - variable voltage or wattage not allowed any more.
    ... and other crazy stuff, all probably dictated by Big Tobacco himself :evil:

Only their new products will be fitting these rules, but they are totally ineffective and will force the ex-smokers to return to tobacco.

So why doesn't Aspire and the other local producers hire a bunch of good lawyers to counter attack that TPD ?
    I repeat, the deadline is May next year latest :(
    And I will let the Americans tell you about their problems with the FDA ...

Meanwhile, I think the vape as we know it now is efficient enough, so perhaps you should make your products more attractive with :

- multiple colours for material such as ESP and CF Maxx, I mean the red, blue and grey colours you already have for other CF batteries.
    - a rebuildable coil for the Atlantis (to be TPD ready ...).
    - a way to differentiate the same tanks, perhaps rubber seal gaskets in different colours, or drip tips with different coloured lines ... ?
    - a bigger ESP with two batteries that can be changed, able to go up to 80 or 100 Watts and to fit 22mm and even 30mm tanks.
    - a new upper hardware for the Atlantis (and Nautilus ?) that allows a secure refill from the top but without a screwdriver.
  • Cegoca" said:

So why doesn't Aspire and the other local producers hire a bunch of good lawyers to counter attack that TPD ?
    I agree - I think vaping companies need to cooperate with communities to start countering the regulations attempting to restrict vaping without much sense.
  • Cegoca" said:
    By May 2016 latest, the vape as we know it in Europe will be sabotaged by new regulations.
    The TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) will then imply following restrictions :
    - tanks of maximum 2ml
    - totally secure refilling of the tank (looks impossible to me)
    - constant nicotine delivery (cigarettes don't even do that)
    - variable voltage or wattage not allowed any more.
    ... and other crazy stuff, all probably dictated by Big Tobacco himself :evil:

Only their new products will be fitting these rules, but they are totally ineffective and will force the ex-smokers to return to tobacco.

I repeat, the deadline is May next year latest :(
    And I will let the Americans tell you about their problems with the FDA ...

Meanwhile, I think the vape as we know it now is efficient enough, so perhaps you should make your products more attractive with :

- multiple colours for material such as ESP and CF Maxx, I mean the red, blue and grey colours you already have for other CF batteries.
    - a way to differentiate the same tanks, perhaps rubber seal gaskets in different colours, or drip tips with different coloured lines ... ?
    - a bigger ESP with two batteries that can be changed, able to go up to 80 or 100 Watts and to fit 22mm and even 30mm tanks.
    - a new upper hardware for the Atlantis (and Nautilus ?) that allows a secure refill from the top but without a screwdriver.
    Dear Cegoca,
    Thank you so much for your nice suggestions about our products.
    Your voice have been passed to our products development department. :D
    We will try our best to constantly improve our product to provide customer a perfect experience.
    Your voice,we are listening.

Best Regards!
  • kaper" said:
    [quote="Cegoca"]
    I agree - I think vaping companies need to cooperate with communities to start countering the regulations attempting to restrict vaping without much sense.[/quote]

Apire is now trying our best to support customers' benefit:http://blog.aspirecig.com/aspire-offer-40-discount-against-tom-wolfs-pennsylvania-40-vape-tax/
  • Tina" said:
    [quote="Cegoca"]

Dear Cegoca,
    Thank you so much for your nice suggestions about our products.
    Your voice have been passed to our products development department. :D
    We will try our best to constantly improve our product to provide customer a perfect experience.
    Your voice,we are listening.

Best Regards![/quote]

Dear Tina,
    Think about it, the sugestions on the materials are short term ones.
    What will happen in May next year with the TPD might make all of your actual material catalogue, totally unvendable to the european market. :cry:
  • Tina" said:
    [quote="kaper"][quote="Cegoca"]
    I agree - I think vaping companies need to cooperate with communities to start countering the regulations attempting to restrict vaping without much sense.[/quote]

Apire is now trying our best to support customers' benefit:http://blog.aspirecig.com/aspire-offer-40-discount-against-tom-wolfs-pennsylvania-40-vape-tax/[/quote]

Its a nice gesture from Aspire to do that, but what if all the States in the US apply these same taxes ?
    Would you still do the same thing and loose a large part of your benefits on the US market ?
    Those taxes must be made ellegal by law but beware of the big bad wolf (Big T in this case) as they really want to crack the e-cig market. :cry:
  • If that day come,I believe that Aspire's general manager will lead aspire overcome the difficulties. :D
  • That day will come, unfortunately, so you better be prepared.

Also in the TPD Europe : every new material will need an approbation 6 month before being put on the market !
    Not a better way to kill any innovation :cry:
  • I'm glad to see that we're finally talking about some advocacy and legal troubles that are facing us!

Let's band together and stop these damaging bills! casaa.org, vapingmilitia.org, pink lung brigade and so on...
  • Tina" said:
    That's a very nice decision by Aspire. But I think legal action similar to Totally Wicked's challenge to article 20 of the TPD (http://article20legalchallenge.com/) is the more effective way to go. Supporting Totally Wicked could be a start.
  • kaper" said:
    [quote="Tina"]
    Apire is now trying our best to support customers' benefit:http://blog.aspirecig.com/aspire-offer-40-discount-against-tom-wolfs-pennsylvania-40-vape-tax/
    That's a very nice decision by Aspire. But I think legal action similar to Totally Wicked's challenge to article 20 of the TPD (http://article20legalchallenge.com/) is the more effective way to go. Supporting Totally Wicked could be a start.[/quote]

Let's join up together to say "no" to article 20 of the TPD :ugeek:
  • I started smoking when I was 13, and smoked for over 30 years. I quit several times, once for over two years, but was always drawn back to it. A little over two years ago, I tried my first cig-alike, which was awful. I was about to go back to smoking when a friend brought me to my first B&M. I bought an evod starter kit, but the maintenance was disappointing since the tanks kept cracking (we know more about this issue now) and the wicking system was not the best. Next, I bought a pair of Kanger batteries with mini protanks. That was better, but the coils were not the best.

I have to say, the whole thing was a little frustrating until I finally bought my first Nautilus and MVP v1.0. This changed my whole experience! I have not touched a cigarette since I bought my first evod, but the Nautilus made vaping much more satisfying to me than smoking ever was.

Now I use two Nautilus tanks, one Triton, one Kanger subtank, one Kayfun v4 clone and an iSub-G tank that has been used maybe three times LOL. As an ex-smoker, I just can't get used to direct-to-lung inhales. I also had an Atlantis v2 that I donated because it was just too nice to sit in my drawer unused. Batteries: I donated the MVP and both kanger 650 mah batteries. Now I use an iStick 30w (perfect for the Nautilus tanks) and a CoolFire IV. And just found out today that my new Pegasus mod has shipped!!!

I believe we face a pivotal time in history, where big tobacco is backed into a corner. They are threatened by vaping, and are more dangerous than ever right now. They still have the billions to spend on lobbying and kickbacks to government officials and their agenda is clear: they want to end vaping as we know it, and only allow vaping in the form of cig-alikes which happen to be manufactured by big tobacco themselves. Even though vaping has the support of much of the medical community, and such organizations as The American Cancer Society, there is too much anti-vaping propaganda born of ignorance and, I believe, malicious intent born of tobacco companies.

We must all unite to keep our freedom and independance from big tobacco. Join your local vaping advocacy groups and get involved!

OK, I'm done ranting now. I would like to thank companies like Aspire for helping to SAVE LIVES, and for commitment to quality products that improve our lives.

Keep calm and vape on! ;)
  • Vaping kept me from going back to tobacco, it did not help me quit per say. It did help my step-brother and my sister-in-law quit smoking though. They used an Aspire BDC tank and after about a month or so they were basically done with both. I on the other hand was doomed to the hobby side of vaping since the beginning.
  • edited August 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @watkijw It's not only the tobacco companies that are trying to monopolize the vaping market. Pharmaceutical companies are also trying. These are two of the largest lobby groups world wide.
  • @Old_Salt Excellent point. Sorry, I was too busy with my tobacco company rant to comment on pharmaceuticals. I actually work in the healthcare industry, and it is sickening to see the lengths these companies will go to, to coerce providers to push their products. Thankfully, acceptance of ANYTHING from a vendor is strictly outlawed by my current employer, but I have seen enough buffets and "gifts" given to clinic staff to make me reach for an emesis basin...
  • I tried all sorts of things to help me quit smoking and all different vape pens and so fourth I was able to quit using the Nautilus Mini on the Eleaf I stick mini and since then I have had all aspire tanks and now collecting the mods and batteries the Nautilus Mini was only reason I was able to quit so reason i stick to aspire now and keep using what I know works. As like all others we vape to quit the stinkies but then turns into a great hobby that I dont think I will give up any time soon
  • Yes, e-cig help to quit smoking. I quit in 4 days. I smoked 30 cig/day (for 35 years) and decided to give a try to e-cigs. In only 4 days, starting with a mixed regimen (smoke + vape) i reduced smoking from 30 (day 1) to 0 (day 4) efforlessly. I began with a small non Aspire hardware and after one month i got the mini nautilus, after two months a couple of nautilus, then i tried the atlantis (not for me, i'm basically a mouth to lung vaper) and finally i become a triton fan, at least with 1.8 ohm coil.

I addressed two of my friends that were heavy smokers to vaping and both quit smoking efforlessly in a couple of days. I know more and more peoples that quit by means of vaping.

Skeptics say that i only swapped from one addiction to another, and they are true, but that is not the whole truth, because the switch from smoking to vaping has improved dramatically the quality of my life.
  • I started vaping over a year ago and haven't touched tobacco since. I started at 18 mg of nicotine and now I am at 2 mg. I will probably stay at 2 because it is basically nothing. I also have a heart condition and my experience is that nicotine (in acceptable amounts) is not harmful at all. I no longer cough (I had a persistent cough for several years while smoking), I can breathe easily and take full deep breaths, and I have never felt better.

As long as tobacco is legal for sale any fight against vaping is enormously hypocritical and just shows that this is about big tobacco and nothing else, otherwise there would be a lynch mob against tobacco.
  • I just sponsored a smoker this weekend. Donated my old MVP mod, along with a Protank II and four 15ml bottles of juice to get him started. I also highly recommended a Nautilus tank, and we will go through his gear next week to see how he is doing and give some instruction. Also recommending several websites for gear and juice, as well as a couple B&Ms. It feels great to pay it forward, and I really hope it works!

On a side note, my 19-year old son has picked up vaping, even though he was never a smoker. He says it helps curb his appetite for junk food when he is on break at work. He picked up a nice Aspire kit with CF battery and Nautilus mini. I would have protested, but he is vaping zero nicotine so I can't find anything wrong with it. I can't see that a puff of flavored VG is harmful in any way. This is a great rebuttal for those who consider vaping a gateway to smoking. He would never smoke, and since he can make his own liquid there is not even a desire for nicotine! In his case it is purely a hobby, and no (physical) addiction at all.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire