LUNG IRRITATION WITH NEW BVC NAUTILUS COTTON COILS

Has anyone else experienced lung irritation with the new cotton BVC Nautilus coils?

I used the original BVC ceramic coils for months and never experienced any problems at all. Indeed, my lungs felt the best they had in years since I quit smoking.

However, since I have been using the new cotton coils, I am coughing and constantly clearing my throat. :cry: It as though I never stopped smoking (which I did a year ago).

Wish Aspire would get it's act together. Nobody really knows what is in these new coils as Aspire never seems to disclose anything!
Comments
  • 47 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire and sincerely sorry to hear that.
    Nobody really knows what is in these new coils as Aspire never seems to disclose anything!
    We at aspire listened to customers' voice and did change to full organic cotton from four months ago.
    Now all of our BVC coils and Atlantis series coils are full organic cotton

"I am coughing and constantly clearing my throat."
    We think there maybe something with your e-juice,our product is just a tool to vaporize the e-juice into vapor.
    While using,if the vapor stimulate your throat and makes you cough often ,we think you need change another e-juice to have a try.

What's more,Here are our chief engineer suggestion to use our products correctly:

For our 1.6ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:3.3V-4.2V,use it with normal e-go battery,if customer use wattage adjustable battery,the wattage should be 4.5W-6.5W
    For our 1.8ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:4.2V-4.8V,if customer use wattage adjustable battery,the wattage should be 7W-10W
    What's more,high proportion of VG e-juice or high sugar/sweetener content e-juice will also affect the coils life.we suggest to use our products with VG proportion less than 50%(we usually use 0%-20% in our daily test using)

After refilling,customer need let the tank sit for awhile, to allow the coil to soak up the liquid, some people add some liquid to the coil before installing. After it sits for a little bit, you should take a few pulls, or dry hits.
    What you do is take a puff, but do not press the battery button. This pulls the liquid into the coil.

What's more,please refilling the tank in time before the e-juice inside the tank completely used up to avoid burn taste.
    Every refilling,customer should let the device stand up for 3-5 minutes.

Have a nice day!
  • Indeed, I am fully aware of the change to cotton (that is the point). The old ceramic coils never bothered me, but the new cotton ones do!

Yes I know that "We at aspire listened to customers' voice and did change to full organic cotton from four months ago. Now all of our BVC coils and Atlantis series coils are full organic cotton." Not all of your customers like the new coils. Have you read the reviews/complaints about the new coils in the forum? Moreover, Aspire never relabeled the new product boxes to state the new coils were cotton. Nobody knows what kind of cotton you are really using. Organic cotton can encompass many varieties of cotton. Full disclosure is significant.

It is also NOT my e-juice. I have been using the same e-juice (50% PG/50%VG) for over a year now and have never had a problem with it.

As for ohms and voltage, some consistency in your response would be appreciated. You state that "For our 1.6ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:3.3V-4.2V,use it with normal e-go battery,if customer use wattage adjustable battery,the wattage should be 4.5W-6.5W
    For our 1.8ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:4.2V-4.8V,if customer use wattage adjustable battery,the wattage should be 7W-10W."

So why does it say otherwise on the Aspire site. For example, according to a statement on your site titled " A Change to the BVC coils", the voltage range for a 1.8ohm coil is 4.2V to 5.0V.

As for refilling and general usage of the Nautilus.. I have been using a Nautilus (I have 4) for over a year and know exactly how to use it, so I honestly do not think it is how I am using it.
  • We think there maybe something with your e-juice,our product is just a tool to vaporize the e-juice into vapor.
    While using,if the vapor stimulate your throat and makes you cough often ,we think you need change another e-juice to have a try.
    I to experienced lung irritation with shortness of breath and coughing and constantly clearing my throat from the cotton BVC's. I experienced gurgle with these coils which makes me think I'm inhaling some juice along with the vapor causing the irritation.

Whats more. Why do I have to change my e-juice? I always used this juice (same formula) with no problems. I used this same e-juice with your ceramic BVC's since day one WITH NO PROBLEMS BEFORE.
    We at aspire listened to customers' voice and did change to full organic cotton from four months ago.
    Now all of our BVC coils and Atlantis series coils are full organic cotton
    Its good that you listened to customers' voice but you went to far. Why did you stop all productions on the ceramic BVC's? Not all customers were complaining.
    You should have continued with the ceramic BVC's and make also the cotton BVC's. You could have made both worlds happy.

I myself along with allot of others were happy with the ceramic. We never had problems with the ceramic.
    Whats more. We have experienced problems with the cotton BVC's. Are you going to listen to our voice and start making the ceramic again?

MAKE BOTH COTTON AND CERAMIC
  • What a response from Aspire!

Basically I read that to mean -

"We are completely ignoring that your health problem started when we changed our coil construction and we suggest that you are stupid and don't really know what you are doing. Here are our usual tips we always cut and paste into our response when anybody asks awkward questions. It can't be our product at fault - it must be your juice, the wattage, the day of the week or the wrong colour shirt you're wearing!".

Am I being harsh here or does anyone else get the same impression?
  • I don't think they even listened to the question.

CLLL8 said:
    "I used the original BVC ceramic coils for months and never experienced any problems at all. Indeed, my lungs felt the best they had in years since I quit smoking."

jinnis answer:
    We think there maybe something with your e-juice,our product is just a tool to vaporize the e-juice into vapor.

So what jinnis is say is that all of a sudden CLLL8's e-juice even though has been used for month WITHOUT PROBLEMS is now causing irritation. It has nothing to do with that fact they changed coil material.
  • Still think they should make both Ceramic and Cotton
  • Again no answer. What is the problem with making the Ceramic BVC again?
  • Cotton is far superior to ceramic. It wicks better and is widely considered to be much more safe. Have you guys recently stepped down your Nicotine dose and now are vaping more often?
  • No, I have not altered anything.

IF "cotton wicks much better" WHY did Aspire have to double the size of the feed holes - if you're correct they should have made them slightly smaller?
  • IMO, the market is moving towards thick E-liquid. They're probably trying to stay relevant in that regard.
  • You seem to be either as mis-informed or as deliberately misleading as Aspires response towards the top of this thread?

As I said in the other post - blowing smoke!
  • They should just have 2 verisions/series of coils. 1 ceramic material and 1 with 100% organic cotton, bam problem solved. :mrgreen:
  • IMO, the market is moving towards thick E-liquid. They're probably trying to stay relevant in that regard.
    I already said this in one of my posts. I can not use 100% VG juice I have a reaction to it. From day one my local vape shop told me it was the PG because some people have reactions to it so I tried the 100% VG and I got way worse. I can tolerate the 50/50 I use now and I use a 60pg/40vg at work in my iclear 16.

I have been happily vaping..... Happily vaping since the ceramic coils came out and blew the bdc's away. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL..... My stock of ceramic coils ran low so I ordered more. I got these cotton ones and I have nothing but problems. AGAIN!!!!!! I have not changed juice... I have not change the nicotine. THE ONLY THING DIFFERENT IS THE COIL MATERIAL AND THE LARGER WICKING HOLES.

I have been a member of this forum since Sat Aug 09, 2014. I have always tried to help other vapers I have always praised Aspire for there products and recommended them to my friends. I have never had problems with Aspires products until now.

I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS UNTIL THEY CHANGE BVC'S TO COTTON....

All they have to do is bring back the ceramic. You're scared to use the ceramic? Fine buy the cotton. But have ceramic available for us that like it and can't use the cotton.

I am pissed and grumpy. All I want is to be able to vape like I was before I ever got these damn cotton things. I vape to get my nicotine that I used to get when I smoked. Well damn it I was finally able to quit after trying so many times and now I can't even vape.

Again I vape for the nicotine...I'M NOT A CLOUD CHASER. If you guys want to cloud chase that's fine with me you can keep your sub ohm tanks and your cotton. I just want my ceramic coils back so I can vape.

AND.... I can't say for sure it might be allergies... But I have a sore throat again and I have been using these cotton coils.

You can not tell me that inhaling juice along with the vapor is good for you...
  • Guys, relax, we don't have to agree. We're having a discussion. I can't go an read every single one of your posts, I have other things to do than be on Aspire's forum all day.

It WOULD be nice to see the option for both.

Also, please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not a cloud chaser either. I am a "flavor chaser". The only dripping atomizer I have is a "flavor" atty. I also like these "toys" and have a small collection. You cannot possibly know which brand or type of vape is the best without experimenting.

I vape for nicotine too. I didn't quit cigs because I wanted to but because I was coughing up black chunks and phlegm every morning and could barely WALK without becoming winded.

Misinformed? I'm not giving you guys information from others, I'm talking about my own personal experiences. You may have been on the forum longer but that doesn't mean that I'm here deliberatly spreading lies. Yes, I am scared of a material that disintegrates, aka, ceramic. Sorry? Yes, I believe the flavor is better with cotton. Our taste buds and damn near everything else about us is different.... what's that saying? Different strokes? Quit "blowing smoke" and blow same vapor with me.

You've never had problems until the switch to cotton? I STILL haven't had any problems, and the minor problems I HAD (dry hits) came from the older ceramic coils. You're pissed and grumpy? We can tell :lol:

Let's calm down. I did NOT attack anyone. Just posed some questions. We're in this together.
  • I wasn't implying that I've been a member longer then you. I was pointing out that I have never complained about anything all that time until now.

My 50/50 juice just with not work with the cotton BVC's. Correction will not work right I should say. I'm still vaping them but I'm also getting some irritation that I'm almost 100% sure is from using the cotton BVC's. Why? Because when I'm at work using my iclear 16 I don't notice anything but its after using my nautilus I do. And again I never had any problem any irritation until I started using the cotton BVC's. I still say because of the gurgle I'm also inhaling juice with the vaper. That I'm sure is where the irritation is coming from. I have tinkered with the coils putting o-rings on them to block the hole a bit. That helps alot with the gurgle. Also since putting o-rings on the coils and reducing the gurgle I have noticed the irritation isn't as bad. That makes me believe even more that I was and still am also inhaling some juice.

I'd go to my doctor but I know he'd want me to quit vaping all together.

You know how you feel when you run out of cigs so you tare the house apart looking for one? That's how I feel right now. I just want my nice relaxing vaping back. I'd go totally to my Iclear 16 if it wasn't such a tight draw.
  • I just want to know why Aspire wont comment on the question?

Why not make both Cotton and Ceramic BVC's?

Is that to much to ask?
  • And the answers I have seen posted on here by Aspire on the cotton bvc. That kinda make me mad.

Don't you hate it when you have a problem and get treated like a newbie?

d1rte30 I apologize for being so cranky
  • Right on man. I'd honestly suggest trying other brands for now. Sorry Aspire but when it comes to tight draw vapes, the SubTank Nano with a 1.2 ohm coil and one or two air intake holes has you beat. IMO! Loving the new Atlantis 2 though 8-)

As for inhaling the juice... well IMO every coil in every set-up pops and spits to an extent. I've had molten hot lava e-liquid burn my tongue from the SubTanks I have many times. If I detect even a hint of flooding or gurgle from any device I will usually clean the mouthpiece and maybe even put a thin roll of paper towel down the chimney shaft to clear the condensation.
  • I kinda want to stay away from sub ohm. I also never cared much for warmer vape. I won a Atlantis tank on here and yes the thing is a mini fog machine lol I just didn't care for the warm/hot vape.

I also have a older MVP that is my favorite. I like the way it fits in my hand if fact I bought another one its still in the plastic box never opened both are the energy series wood grain. They wont work with sub ohm coils I don't think.

I do like the way the SubTank Nano looks. The coils look weird to lol. I'll do some research on it and check out some reviews.

Reviews... I usually like watching IndoorSmokers. Funny because there for a while ever time he did a review you would always see him vaping his Mini Nautilus filled with his black cherry juice. Now you don't see him with the Mini Nautilus anymore. It almost looks like hes using the SubTank Nano.

The only thing I didn't like about Kanger was the wasted space. You fill the tank turn it up right and it doesn't look full. Is the Nano like that?

Is there any other good tanks out there that's not sub ohm?
  • However I realize that everything is going towards sub ohms now so I need to head in that direction soon I guess.
  • There will always be Ohm+ cig-style vaping. The "scene" is definitely going towards -Ohm though.

I watch Indo because he's somewhat local to me but he has grown on me. He's been favoring the ST Nano w/ a 1.2 Ohm coil. The 1.2 coil with smallest or middle airflow is very much mouth-to-lung. BTW, that black cherry berry juice is gross :lol:

No wasted space. Filled to top of the chimney and 2-3 vapes later:

I'd love to try a Nautilus Mini v.2 ;) ;) Aspire!
  • MaverikX" said:
    They should just have 2 verisions/series of coils. 1 ceramic material and 1 with 100% organic cotton, bam problem solved. :mrgreen:
    We have listened to customers' voice,we did running change to full organic cotton about four months ago,about two months ago,all of our Atlantis coils or BVC coils shipped out to be full organic cotton.
  • MaverikX" said:
    They should just have 2 verisions/series of coils. 1 ceramic material and 1 with 100% organic cotton, bam problem solved. :mrgreen:
    That is what I've been saying all this time. I agree 100%. Ceramic was doing so good why completely stop all productions of it to go to cotton?
    jinnis" said:
    We have listened to customers' voice,we did running change to full organic cotton about four months ago,about two months ago,all of our Atlantis coils or BVC coils shipped out to be full organic cotton.
    Not true because not all customers was complaining about the ceramic. Plus what the customers said was make a organic cotton BVC. They DID NOT say stop making the ceramic all together and go full cotton.

So my question still is: """ Why not make both? """

Why does Aspire refuse to bring back the Ceramic? Whats wrong?
  • d1rte30

Nice tank and it looks full. I saw though it uses cotton coils as well. I have nothing against cotton I re-wick my Iclear 16 with 100% cotton string. I just wonder how the Nano coils work with a 50/50 or thinner juice?
  • Juice in the picture is a 50/50 blend. I haven't had any issues with those square coils. No duds (yet?!), working as promised.
  • Since I finally got my Atlantis Mega with it's included organic cotton coils, all I have to say is WOW!!!

I like the new cotton coils. I've been doing some swapping back and forth with a fresh ceramic and an fresh cotton coil with the same flavor and thicker clouds in the same tank. The cotton brings out more flavor, I haven't had any issues with them, yet. Also, I've noticed it's easier to change flavors with the newer cotton coils, as for some reason they don't retain the old flavor as much as the ceramic ones did. Which is a bit counter intuitive, IMHO.

But this is with the sub-ohm coils. I haven't gotten around to getting the newer cotton coils for the Nautilus series yet, as I still have some of the older ceramic coils left. They just keep going and going, before I have to swap them out. Most of the time I have to change them when I don't pay attention to the tank level and dry burn them.
  • Guz

What ratio juice do you use? I'm really curious to know what you think of the new Nautilus cotton BVC's.

"They just keep going and going"

I know what you mean that's another thing I loved about the ceramic they lasted a long time. I've only managed to get 5 tanks fulls from "one" of the cotton BVC's so far.
    My experience so far is that they are inconsistent. The first few packs of the cotton bvc's were junk. Now I'm using a pack that came with a little warning card and it seems I'll get one that works pretty good and some that don't. Cotton does seem to have better flavor I remember how it was when I started rewicking my silica wicks with cotton in one of my other tanks the flavor was 10x better. Just wish I could get these cotton bvc's to work for me the Nautilus is my favorite tank.

I'm still using my Nautilus for now however I'm finding myself constantly having to clear my throat. I don't know if its irritation or what it is. I purchased a new tank and a battery/mod so I hope they work out.

I like the looks of the Atlantis Mega. How big is it? I can't seem to find size info on it.
  • edited May 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
  • thegeodeman2005,

Currently, on my Atlantis MEGA I'm running 20/80 (PG/VG) at 1.5 mg/ml nicotine. I just got a small bottle (15 ml) of a new flavor last night, so it will gone soon. The next bottle I will try 10/90 (PG/VG) just to see how it works (again another small 15 ml bottle).

Keep in mind, I'm working on the ATLANTIS BIG COILS, I still need to get some of the newer small Nautilus cotton coils. When I get the next bottle of juice, I'll pony up and get some new Nautilus coils and report back.

I should have done that last night, but I just plain forgot because everyone at the shop was going gaga over the Atlantis Mega and my CF MAXX battery. It was passed around the shop and everyone was trying it out. Quick impressions from everyone: WOW!!! They all want one now. The only person that didn't like it was the one girl that works there. She said it was to big to suck on (I can't repeat all the jokes made after that comment in mixed company). :oops:
  • Guz

At 20/80 and 10/90 I think you wont have any problems with the Nautilus cotton BVC's.

The CF MAXX battery how do you like it? How long does the charge last?

"To big to suck on" OMG I would have been rolling around on the floor LOL
© 2017 Powered by Aspire