Some customers complained that they had issue with a particular flavor that impregnated all the gaskets inside the nautilus series tank or Atlantis, and ruined any other flavor,tasting like burning rubber.
The gaskets in our tanks are food grade rated silicone, so that is not the issue. The issue is certain juices.If it has strong flavor,it must add special essence,we suggest you never use this e-juice.
Here are some ways you can have a try first:
1. Throw away the coil. Trying to clean the old coil out,Nothing worked.
2. Dissemble the tank completely. Being VERY, VERY careful with removing the glass tank.
3. Make a water and baking soda solution. Roughly a half cup of water of hot water, and a teaspoon or two of baking soda. Make sure the baking soda is completely dissolved in the water (none is sitting on the bottom of the glass).
4. Put the tank parts in the baking soda water solution over night.
5. Rinse off the parts in the morning. You might having some tarnishing on the chimney. It can be buffed cleaned.
6. Put the upper assembly and the lower gasket in the sun for a day, or two. (This removed most of the smell of the old juice).
7. Find an ultrasonic cleaner
8. Rinse, and rinse, and rinse the parts to get rid of the isopropyl alcohol.
9. Reassemble the tank and use a new coil.
there are a total of 3 gaskets in the Atlantis and nautilus series tank: The upper gasket, the lower base gasket, AND a tiny O-ring gasket inside the chimney (to seal the coil). The O-ring in the chimney was the most stubborn to get clean, hence the ultrasonic cleaner.
Take the tanks to local vapor shop for ultrasonic cleaner
If you can not find a ultrasonic cleaner ,you need buy a new rubber seal gasket for the base hardware on our online store:
The rubber seal in the chimney can not be took out,so it is really difficult to clean.
Only change a whole upper hardware.