Atlantis Coil Issues

Hi,

I am having one or two issues with Atlantis Coils, I have recently purchased an Aspire Atlantis Platinum kit which comes with the CF Ohm battery (4.2V) and 2 x 2ml tanks. I have also purchased and fitted the 5ml extension tank. I am currently vaping Element 20/80vg 3mg Nicotine E liquid and I seem to be burning through coils.

I have been through 3 coils in 10 days with the third now on its way out. I am probably vaping around 2-3mls per day and I am refilling the tank correctly. I am using a dropper to fill it, after I fill the tank I will dry hit the new liquid a few times to pull it through into the coil. I am also dripping a small amount onto the coil directly, once filled I leave it for 30 minutes to stand upright.

Can you please tell me if this is normal for this setup to operate in this way? I was under the impression that I should get at least 5-7 days use out of a single coil with more vape going through it than what I am currently using.

Thanks

Grant
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    The coils are the consumables, the use frequency, battery voltage, the PG:VG proportion of e-liquid all can impact the coils' life.
    High wattage and high vg proportion e-juice means large vapor,but at the same time,it will short the coils' life.
    Many users use the product without reading our manual, the coils are not screw into the hardware tightly, it will burn out quickly.
    After refilling,customer need let the tank sit for awhile, to allow the coil to soak up the liquid, some people add some liquid to the coil before installing. After it sits for a little bit, you should take a few pulls, or dry hits.
    What you do is take a hit, but do not press the battery button. This pulls the liquid into the coil.
    High proportion of VG e-juice or high sugar/sweetener/nicotine content e-juice will also affect the coils life,if the e-juice has a high sugar/sweetener content it will gunk up and carmalize on the coil really fast. The darkening of the juice is the caramelized coils coloring it and short the coils' life.

What's more,please refilling the tank in time before the e-juice inside the tank completely used up to avoid burn taste.
    Every refilling,customer need let the device stand up for 3-5 minutes.
    Please try less vg proportion e-juice like 50%/50%
    Have a nice day.
  • Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me, I am doing everything you are saying to do apart from using a slightly less VG liquid. I am going to give this a try and see how I get on. My main question was really is it normal for a coil to burn out after around 8-10ml's of e liquid? The coil is screwed in tight, a little bit of e liquid is applied to the coil before leaving stand for a minimum of 30 minutes plus I dry hit it around 3 - 5 times and even block the air holes while doing this. All of the dry hits are done without the battery button being pushed in. The liquid is not really turning a brown colour its staying fairly clear.

Thanks

Grant
  • Dear Customer,
    As our last post said that The coils are the consumables, the use frequency, battery voltage, the PG:VG proportion of e-liquid... all can impact the coils' life.
    High wattage and high vg proportion e-juice means large vapor,but at the same time,it will short the coils' life.
    Many users use the product without reading our manual, the coils are not screw into the hardware tightly, it will burn out quickly.

From our testing(test condition:we use 0%vg e-juice,no nicotine,at 20W)In order to get good flavor,we suggest 50 times refills of liquid.

Have a nice day!
  • Nightmare, just don't do that dry hit thing.
    Fill your tank normally and let it stand for 1 or 2 hours.

I suppose your coils are genuine ones ?
  • Hi Cegoca,

Thanks for the reply, yeah they are all genuine ones. I am just puzzled about it, also not sure if I am doing something wrong. I am going to try an Atlantis 2 tank as well to see what they are like as I have heard the wicking holes are bigger plus they use natural cotton.
  • So, how did it work ?
  • The Atlantis 2 tank actually makes the coils last that bit longer. I am using the older could and the new ones and all is well. I am getting about 6-7 days usage out of 1 coil now which is way better than it used to be.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire