The thing about aspire's giveaways

As of recently, I have seen a lot of people talk about how some winners of giveaways of aspire have a fishy account. I am probably one of those people, I have barely ever made a post or replied to anything, but I've been lurking for a long time now. As a broke ass college student, I was up to half a pack a day before I recently switched over. Now, the giveaways are really nice because it gives people like the me the opportunity to get something nice without paying for it since my budget is very small and most of the juice I have to buy is just downright dreadful. So I just wanted to make this post to say that just because an account doesn't have a lot of history, doesn't mean that they're just people trying to cheat. I hope that these giveaways continue to help people like me or anyone who wants to try a new juice or to upgrade their set up without dropping 30-40 dollars
Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • And just like that, you're participating!!
    It gets to be a lot of fun once you get to know some of the people around here and even more fun when you get to poke them with a sharp stick occasionally.
    I think the biggest issue people have is how do we tell the difference between a lurker that only posts on giveaways from an alt that someone makes to gain additional entries in giveaways? It just can't be done. Unfortunately the axe often swings to the side of caution, and it is unfortunate for people like you.
    This sub has grown significantly even in the short time I've been here. With that has come several different types of scams. There have been people that have been here from the beginning that haven't won anything, and people that only post in giveaway threads that have won two or three times in a week. I'd be flat out lying if I said it doesn't bother me to see someone win who does nothing in this community. I'd rather see it go to someone who is active. It's kind of like showing up to the buffet line at a wedding without actually knowing anyone there.
    It doesn't take much to participate, and eventually you just kind of become active by default. You don't have to share any knowledge to be considered active. Ask questions. Ask for recommendations. Tell your story. Encourage others. Congratulate others on their victories no matter how minor they may seem. One day you'll see a post from someone asking a question and it'll dawn on you that you know the answer. And then another, and another.
    You've taken the first step. You found something that bothered you, and you decided to speak your mind. Not everyone here is nice, not everyone here is always helpful. Many of us have a twisted sense of humor. By participating you learn who these people are, and it makes the sub even more enjoyable.
  • Just wanted to put out there that I always appreciate your candid and honest replies to people's questions, etc. You give sound advice and always have well rounded answers to questions Sir.
  • Thank you. I do what I can. I might not always have the best advice, but I try to keep perspective.
  • frank2015" said:
    Thank you. I do what I can. I might not always have the best advice, but I try to keep perspective.
    You're very welcome, and thank you for the kind words. :)
    Perspective is always good, interpretation is another beast altogether. LOL
  • jinnis" said:
    [quote="frank2015"]Thank you. I do what I can. I might not always have the best advice, but I try to keep perspective.
    You're very welcome, and thank you for the kind words. :)
    Perspective is always good, interpretation is another beast altogether. LOL[/quote]
    You talking about my interpretation m8? We gonna have a problem here?
  • I can appreciate that, but keep in mind that part of being an aspire forum member is being active, whether you're just expressing an opinion or asking questions. Don't be afraid to get involved, even if you don't have something from experience to contribute perhaps just say "Thank you" to the OP or let them know that what they've shared has helped you.
    It may be unconventional...but when we pick a winner via Random.org from the number of posts..which is considerable work, we always check the winner's account to make sure that it's not all just contest/giveaway entries, or accounts with a couple of posts. At the end of the day...all of the winners we end up with have verifiable accounr History in the form of being active in this community commenting, helping, supporting, and in general being sincere on aspire's forum.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire