Aspire Nautilus Mini. Black ash inside coils?

Hello.
I'm using Aspire Nautilus Mini.
Since I had couple of issues with juice coming out of the drip tip, I sometimes use some paper and clean the drip tip and the airflow just to be sure.

I've noticed that there is some black ash or curd inside the coil. Is this coming from wick, coil or is it burned e juice? Is this normal? I don't get any burnt taste but is there any danger to inhale this black ash?

I've already checked both my Nautilus mini and the coils and they are authentic aspire products.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    As we know,if e-juice has a high sugar/sweetener/nicotine content it will gunk up and carmalize on the coil really fast. The darkening of the juice is the caramelized coils coloring it. You can try turning the volts down, but it won't solve the problem.
    Also if you leave it out much in the heat or the sun it will darken a little as well depending on the nicotine content.
    Have a nice day!
  • Thank you for your quick response.

I know about the ejuice coloring change. I was wondering about the little black pieces that they seem like ash and can be found inside the coil, at the top of the mesh. Are they parts of e juice gunk that leaving out of the coil? Or parts of the wick?

I've used 70/30 PG/VG 0-nic unflavored juice, so I guess it isn't the juice that causing this. I also vape at 3.8-3.9 watts so it isn't that hot either.

Thanks again.
  • Tina nailed your question on burned liquid.

The other issue of liquid at your drip tip is likely due to condensation, you need to remove the drip tip from time to time and remove any liquid buildup, also release the fire button on your battery and continue to inhale for a second to clear the airflow chamber of all vapor.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire