Bottom hardware rust?

Let me start off by saying I love Aspire products up to this point. I've purchased a Nautilus Mini Starter Kit for my mom, encouraged two friends and one family member to buy an Atlantis, and I myself have bought one, and upgraded to the 5ml tank because I loved it so much. Probably gone through 30 coils.

That being said, I'm kinda bummed about what happened and I'm at a bit of a crossroad here.
I was waiting on some coils to come in the mail and I've had a certain scent of an ejuice that wouldn't go away so I decided it'd be the perfect time to do some longer term cleaning. I let all the pieces of the Atlantis soak in alcohol for about 24 hours, then rinsed and soaked in warm water for roughly another 24, changed the water, gave it a sniff check to see if the scent had gone away and it hadn't, so I let it soak for another day or so.
Checked it last night and just the ring area of the bottom hardware has rusted.

http://i.imgur.com/jESeEPk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K6HEND8.jpg

I'm really bummed about this, and I just ordered a new bottom hardware from you guys on the 23rd so that I'd have two tanks (one with the 5ml upgrade and one with the original 2ml tank), but now I'm starting to wonder.
What metals are these made of? I was under the impression that it was stainless steel.
This is a confirmed Aspire authentic product as well.
Comments
  • 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    We are sure that the material is stainless steel.But,which not means that the stainless steel will not rust.
    The stainless steel will also rust,but under normal condition,it is difficult for stainless steel to rust than nor normal steel.But,after long-term used,the stainless steel will also rust,because,the air will react with everything.Or the stainless steel stay in special conditions like stay in wet environment or meet with Strong Alkali or acid,it will also rust.

For normal clean,customers can use the alcohol/warm water clean the device,but please don't let the device soak in the alcohol/warm water for long time(about 10-20 minutes is ok),then do deep clean with water.

Have a nice day!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire