Compatibility: K1 Glassomizer with CF SubOhm?

I bought both of these and using them... but noticed on the battery it read compatibility is 0.3-1.0Ohm. But the K1 glassomizer has a 1.8 Ohm atomizer. Can this damage the battery? Should I just buy a Aspire Atlantis tank? I'm new to all of this and just not sure what's compatible.
Comments
  • 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    Our CF subohm battery is not compatible with our K1 glassomizer ,for the output wattage is too large,which will burn the coil immediately.
    You can try our Atlantis on the subohm battery.
    Have a nice day!
  • Ok, I'll stop using the K1 on it and just get an Atlantis tank. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Dear Krowl,
    You are welcome.
    We will have three new products to release at the end of this month,please pay close attention to our forum and website.
    Wish you all the best!
  • I'm confused by this. Surely the current will be determined by the voltage and the resistance of the coil. The battery has a voltage of 4.2v and the coil is 1.8Ohm.

Ohm's Law: I = V/R = 4.2/1.8 = 2.3A
    Power = IV = 2.3 x 4.2 = 9.8W

How would the subohm battery increase this wattage? Is there another factor I'm not aware of?
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire.
    Our subohm battery is not wattage adjustable battery.
    when it was full charged,the voltage is 4.2V,once used with tank,the voltage will drop automatically.
    LED Light Indicator:Blue LED light will display for battery cell voltage of 3.5-4.2V. The Orange
    LED indicates a voltage less than 3.5V.
    The output wattage of the battery also decided by the discharge ratio of the battery.
    The Maximum current of our subohm battery is 40A

Have a nice day!
  • Thank you for responding jinnis. I think the subohm battery CAN be used with a 1.8Ohm coil as long as that coil can work at 9.8W. There isn't any reason for that coil to draw any more current from the subohm battery than from one of your vv batteries operating at the same 4.2V. The voltage drives the current and the maximum that voltage can drive through 1.8Ohm is 2.3A. Other battery factors might reduce that, but nothing can increase it, that is Ohm's law.

So really, unless the 1.8Ohm coil is not able to take 9.8W, it should be fine. It certainly won't force more watts through if the voltage is limited to 4.2V.

So why are you saying not to use subohm battery with 1.8Ohm coil? Please explain, is it just marketing? Important that you only give accurate information, your reputation will not be so good if you misinform.
  • Dear Customer,
    The subohm battery than from one of your vv batteries operating at the same 4.2V.
    Yes,you are right,there are many other factors affect the output wattage,the Discharge ratio for the two batteries is different.So the output wattage of the battery is also different.
    Why we don't suggest customer to use the subohm battery on our nautilus or nautilus mini tank,because the output wattage of the subohm battery is so larger with will burn out the coil quickly.
    Have a nice day!
  • When you say discharge ratio, do you mean discharge rate, also called C-rate? Every battery has a maximum C-rate that is a standardised measure of how much current it can supply. Of course the SubOhm battery has a higher C-rate than the CF-VV battery. But the actual current that flows is not determined by this rating, it is determined by voltage and resistance.

I am going to run a Nautilus Mini on a SubOhm battery, I will report back here, but I do not believe it will burn the coil any quicker. What will happen is that the voltage will drop as the battery discharges, which will change the quality of the vape.
  • Besides Atlantis.... are there any other tanks Aspire makes that I can use with the CF Sub Ohm battery?

Or is the Atlantis the only one?
  • Krowl" said:
    Besides Atlantis.... are there any other tanks Aspire makes that I can use with the CF Sub Ohm battery?

Or is the Atlantis the only one?
    Dear Customer,
    Our CF subohm battery is compatible with 0.3-1.0 ohm coils,in order to get better vapor and flavor,we suggest customers to use 0.5-0.8 ohm coils.

You can use our new products Atlantis 2 and Atlantis mega(with 0.5 ohm coils) on our CF subohm battery.
    Link for Atlantis 2 and Atlantis mega tank:https://online.aspirecig.com/atlantis-c-16.html

Wish you all the best!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire