Brand new Atlantis tastes burnt

I bought an aspire atlantis tank on friday. The tank performed amazingly until last night i got a burnt taste. I haven't hit it over 30w. I'm using a 70-30 vg pg mix. I put the new atomizer in that came with it and no matter how low i turn the wattage I am getting this disgusting burnt taste. I don't know why it is doing this. I primed the hell out of it to the point where it would not bubble anymore. Any help with this? No matter how many new atomizers I put in I still get the same result. I love the tank when its working, but this is frustrating.
Comments
  • 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'd like an answer from someone other than Tina. I know what I'm doing. This is not an error of mine. I've tried 5 atomizers and soaked each of them thoroughly. How do I return the tank as I am very dissatisfied and can not get this to work properly.
    Derb3883
  • I'd like to chime in on this. I have purchased 2 atlatis 2 tanks (as my first one was stoked). But one thing I couldn't help but notice, being that it was just so utterly obvious and extremely disappointing , is that the spare atomizer that comes with the tank is a dud. This' has been the case with BOTH of the brand new tanks I bought. This is no way a coincidence. Frankly, I'm pissed off because this tank is excellent- WHEN IT WORKS. Why is it that with both replacement atomizers, always have a horrible burnt taste. And this isn't my first rodeo I know how to prime and use this device. I highly recommended this tank to a friend (before discovering the little scam or just plain shit of a product this is) and he too had the same issue with the replacement atomizer that comes in the box with the tank. I've bought replacement ones and they seem to work (majority of the time) which in my opinion is unacceptable - these should work perfectly, every time, if installed and primds correctly. So I must say, as I sit here choking and gagging to he point of throwing up from this terrible burnt taste that's doing god knows what to my lungs, that I'm very disappointed and this product is soon to be placed by a different tank. Until then, I'll use my drip tip.
    charlzrocks
  • @Moe Vapes The main reason that you are having so many problems is that you bought a "Fake/Clone" from Fasttech. NOTHING that they sell that they label as "Genuine Aspire" is the real thing. All they sell is reproductions of the originals. The coils that they sell are poor at best. If there was an Aspire authentication scratch off number that you can check against the Aspire website, it would have come up as being checked by more than one purchaser, usually numbering in the hundreds. When you check the scratch off of a genuine Aspire product on the Aspire website it will say "Congratulations, Your product is Genuine". If not all you did is buy a fake and a headache and for no good reason. I suggest that you always buy from the Aspire website thus guaranteeing a Genuine Aspire product.
    watkijw
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire and sorry to hear that.
    After refilling,customer need let the tank sit for awhile, to allow the coil to soak up the liquid, some people add some liquid to the coil before installing. After it sits for a little bit, you should take a few pulls, or dry hits.
    What you do is take a hit, but do not press the battery button. This pulls the liquid into the coil.

What's more,please refilling the tank in time before the e-juice inside the tank completely used up to avoid burn taste.
    Every refilling,please let the device stand up for 3-5 minutes.
    For a new coil,the first few puffs,the flavor is not pure,it is normal,just let the device stand up for more times,after the first few puffs,the flavor will go pure and pure.

If burn problem happen,please try to do deep clean with water,customer can use Q-tip to help clean the corner,then let it air dry for 1-2 days.
    Then change out the old coil.
    Notice,the coil can not be wash with water.
    Have a nice day!
  • Nacholad" said:
    I'd like an answer from someone other than Tina. I know what I'm doing. This is not an error of mine. I've tried 5 atomizers and soaked each of them thoroughly. How do I return the tank as I am very dissatisfied and can not get this to work properly.
    sounds like you burnt your wicks m8. get a new coil and wash out your tank, fill with new juice and prime that puppy well and start vaping at 15 watts and then go up a little for a few tokes then a few more watts before you get to 30 let your coil break in so you wont burn it. if it starts tasting burnt at lower then 30 watts on a new coil and juice it may be a wicking issue, to thick of juice. I use a 70 vg blend and never have issues
  • What mod do you use Nacholad ?
  • Read the Post before responding. I am now on my 5th atomizer with no improvement. I am using an istick 50w. Now its spitting juice in my mouth and burning my throat. this has to be the worst tank I've ever owned unless I got a bad unit. Which after posting here and all over ecf, I believe this to be the case.
  • @Derb3883 I understand you are mad, but please watch the language.
    First question I have for you is are the replacement coils genuine Aspire coils? Did you check the scratch off code against the website? If so, what I would do is to return them to the retailer for a refund. It sounds like they may still have machine oil in them that wasn't cleaned out. This has happened to me when I bought some fake Aspire coils and I returned them to the vape shop for a refund. If something tastes bad on the first 2 pulls, it ain't gonna get better so stop using them coils! If they are genuine Aspire coils I suggest that you get with the customer service center for Aspire right away and let them know! Yes, they should work perfectly every time, I agree! Every manufacturer has product problems and we are seeing more and more fakes on the market so that is where I would start. From there it's a matter of following the warranty procedure to get satisfaction. Aspire's design and product support people need to know about these problems right away!
  • @charlzrocks I couldn't agree more with what you advise. We've all been there at one point or another with a Coil Issue. Logically those are the steps I would have mentioned or take depending on the circumstance.. :-bd
  • I was a Nautilus fan for a long time. I had 3 tanks. I then bought a Triton VI tank from Fasttech because my kids told me sub ohm made more vapor. The Triton V1 came smelling very badly of machine oil so I cleaned it up and tried it out. I did not care for that tank and it's coils at 1.8 and .4. That Triton was a very heavy, very noisy tank. Not giving up on Aspire, I then bought two Atlantis V2 Tanks. I first tried the 1.0 Coils. The 1.0 coils have to run at very high wattage to even make any vapor and the liquid taste very harsh to me at those high wattages. I soaked the coils in juice before firing to the point of liquid dripping out of bottom holes - I did not burn the coils. 65/35 VG/PG. I then tried the .5 coil. I found the .5 is much better and can run at lower wattage. However the flavor after 2 days has already degraded to "meh - harsh". I am not a chain vaping person and i'm not running the coils over 20 Watts. You guys are better at this than anyone in the market so I am really hoping you can engineer a coil that will last longer and maintain it's flavor like the Nautilus Coils did so I can enjoy my vaping again. Honestly, I'm concerned I just spent over 100.00 again on new tanks and coils for no good reason.
  • Well put charlz =D>
  • Absolutely - everything on FT is fake. Check out this CF VV mod I bought for super cheap, and came in an Aspire box.
    If you look at the button, it isn't even close to the way a genuine product looks. LOL
    IMG_0607.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 310K
    IMG_0607.JPG 310.4K
  • There is a flaw in the atlantis coil design. I went through two packs of .3 (all verified authentic) coils in three days so I cut one apart to see wth was going on. There is no way that the coil can wick properly at higher levels because the cotton is constricted by the housing wall and packed into the coil so tightly that it could never wick enough juice. I ran ten coils @ under 30 watts because at 35 they started dry hitting even though the package claims they can be ran at 80......I will not be using my atlantis mega tank until this issue is reaolved.
  • edited August 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    For the mega thank, you should try the 1.0 Ohm coils at around 42 Watts.

And yes, all my new coils, even pre-wicked generously, taste a bit burned for the ten first puffs.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire