Aspire Atlantis issues

I bought an Atlantis (with the Aspire CF Subohm battery) and every single coil I've used has a harsh burning taste to it.

Today I changed a new coil, put juice on every single hole, installed it in the tank and let it sit for 12 hours. Fired it up and it tasted like pure burning cotton. I've gone through about 5 coils in the past 2 days trying to get it to taste like anything but burning cotton and it simply will not work. I've checked and this is a genuine Aspire product, and it's the battery sold with it. Even after priming the wick and making sure no more air bubbles were coming out it still tasted like the same harsh burning cotton taste with a brand new coil.

What exactly should I be doing or is that harsh burning taste just what the Atlantis puts out?
Comments
  • 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire and sorry to hear that.
    First,please check the security code of your products on our website to make sure it is original,no one check the security code before you.
    Please make sure the coil is screwed to the base hardware tightly.

After refilling,customer need let the tank sit for awhile, to allow the coil to soak up the liquid, some people add some liquid to the coil before installing. After it sits for a little bit, you should take a few pulls, or dry hits.
    What you do is take a hit, but do not press the battery button. This pulls the liquid into the coil.

What's more,please refilling the tank in time before the e-juice inside the tank completely used up to avoid burn taste.
    Every refilling,please let the device stand up for 3-5 minutes.
    For a new coil,the first few puffs,the flavor is not pure,it is normal,just let the device stand up for more times,after the first few puffs,the flavor will go pure and pure.
    If the taste still not pure after few puffs,please disassemble the device,and do deep clean/soak in water,then let it air dry for 1-2 days.
    Notice:the coil can not be washed by water.
    Never dry burn the coil.
    What's more,high proportion of VG e-juice or high sugar/sweetener content e-juice will also affect the coils life.
    if it has a high sugar/sweetener content it will gunk up and carmalize on the coil really fast. The darkening of the juice is the caramelized coils coloring it and taste burn.

Have a nice day!
  • How thick is your liquid? If it's above 80% VG that could be a potential reason... maybe? :ugeek:
  • The security code has been damaged and I can't seem to make out one of the numbers on it.

I don't think it's an issue with the coils being too tight or not primed. I've gone through seven of these with a horrible burnt taste.

Last night I submerged a new coil in juice and let it sit for 24 hours, rotating it occasionally to make sure no pockets of air remained. Installed it in the Atlantis filled with liquid and it had the same awful burnt taste.

I also disassembled a few of the coils after doing these steps and the cotton is charred.

I really don't know what to do.
  • Got the number figured out. It's a genuine Aspire product and hasn't been checked before.
  • Dear Customer,
    For a new coil,the first few puffs,the flavor is not pure,it is normal,just let the device stand up for more times,after the first few puffs,the flavor will go pure and pure.
    If burn problem is happen,please disassemble the device and do deep clean with water.Customers can use q-tip to help clean with the corner.The let it air dry for 1-2 days.
    Notice:the coil can not be washed by water.
    At last,high proportion of VG e-juice or high sugar/sweetener content e-juice will also affect the coils life.
    if it has a high sugar/sweetener content it will gunk up and carmalize on the coil really fast. The darkening of the juice is the caramelized coils coloring it and taste burn.
    Please make sure your e-juice didn't contain high sugar/sweetener/nicotine content.

Have a nice day!
  • I've started using a different juice which seems to have helped.

I think part of the issue that remains is that the coils is constantly flooded. Every single hit I'm getting juice in my mouth.

I've tried clearing the coil by using a paper towel and flicking my wrist to get the excess juice to leave through the drip tip. I've tried blowing in the drip tip to get the juice to come out the airflow. I've tried taking the tank apart to clean it, and using a brand new coil (at this point I've gone through about 8 coils which all have this problem). Immediately after I let the juice come in contact with the wicking holes it begins to gurgle and spit out juice. Nothing seems to work. Even with a high VG juice (I've even tried 100% VG and it's still an issue). What exactly should I do about this?
  • Dear nuhq,

Please check the tank and the coils carefully,if the coil is screwed to the base hardware tightly.If not,the leaking problem will happen.
    If the seals on the tank and the coil are all right here,no lost or no broken.
    If there is crack on th glass tube.Even a little crack will cause theproblem.
    What's more,please disassemble the base hardware off to check if the glass tube is connected to the upper chimney tightly.

What's more,because 100% vg e-juice is very thick,when the battery is at lower voltage range,we don't suggest customer to use,because the heating power will not enough,there will many e-juice stay inside the coil,the gurgle and spit problem will happen.
    At last,it is important that,it is better that firing the battery and smoking these two actions need do at the same time,we do test that fire the battery then smoke,it also can hear explosive sound and juice spitting out from the drip tip to our mouth.

Have a nice day!
  • What battery have you put in the CF Mod ?
    (brand and type)
  • Thank god someone else is having this problem also. i cannot get anything but burn out of this thing after two days ownership. It worked really well up until the third day, then nothing but burn.

Tried multiple coils, cleaning, refill, drowning the coil, more soak time etc. watched every video I could find, followed each step, and tried everything listed in this post, still tastes like burnt electronics.

Is it possible to get a whole box of bad coils? Also, I'm not a cloud chaser, is it possible to under-vape and screw up a coil? Maybe the standard Atlantis coils would be better for me? 1.6 ohm I think...
© 2017 Powered by Aspire