Please go back to smaller wicking holes on Nautilus BVC coil

I have been using the Nautilus mini for almost 3 months and it is GREAT!

The problem is, there are a lot of reports on this and other forums that the new BVC coils with the larger wicking holes are causing flooding issues.

For people who take lung hits with the airflow opened up, the larger holes will probably work.

For people who do mouth-to-lung hits with the air flow turned down, the old coils worked great, but the new coils are flooding.

PLEASE bring back the old style coils with the smaller wicking holes.
Comments
  • 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's possible to lung hit a Nautilus? I don't think so ..... been using mine for almost 6 months. I for one would welcome larger wicking on the BVC's. If I go above 50/50 juices I get dry hits and most of my favorite flavors are at least 60-70% VG. :geek: I wonder which local shops have these new coils! *on the hunt*
    jdbanham
  • No way!!!!! The new nautilus heads are awesome. Please do not go back to the old style. I have no problems with gurgling. I use 50/50 mix.

The cotton filling tastes so much better and for some reason you can vape the new style over 20W (even though I choose to stay around 15-17W).

Keep up the good work, Aspire. The new coil heads are a step in the right direction. The Atlantis is not an option for vapers who are not cloud chasers and don't do lung hits. We need a mouth hitting clearomizer like the nautilus, With these newly designed coil heads, The nautilus and mini nautilus are the best option on the market today for mouth hitting vapers. I cannot be happier with the new heads.
  • So disappointed with the new cotton BVC coils! The holes are too big and they do not wick well at all. The taste is also bad- the juice I have used for a year now does not even taste like it usually does. I was very satisfied with the ceramic BVC coils and am sorry to see them go. The new cotton coils are so bad that I have had to switch brands and stop using my Nautilus tanks altogether!
  • d1rte30" said:
    It's possible to lung hit a Nautilus?*
    Yes it is... I lung hit with a Nautilus?

I use a 50/50 blend juice and don't plan to change that. I developed issues with e-juice. I thought and was told by several vendors it was a reaction from the pg. So I try a 100% vg blend and my issues got even worse (Mucus, excessive oily skin exc). At 50/50 I can tolerate it.

50/50 worked good for me. I've been vaping happily with my Nautilus tanks full size and mini's (I have many tanks). With the BDC's the Nautilus was the only tank the really work for me after trying so many tanks. Then came along the BVC's that blew the BDC's away. I was vaping tank full after tank full on the same coil with no reduction in performance. Eventually it would start turning my juice brown so I'd then change it out with a new coil.

Now with these bigger holes they absolutely suck. I noticed the difference right away. The performance is not there. I get one tank full..... One tank full out of a coil then the vapor production starts to go down. At half a tank on a new coil I get gurgle as well. These bigger holed coils start turning my juice brown quicker as well. To get a good vape experience out of these coils I'd now have to change the coil out at every tank fill up. That's not cost efficient to me.

Again I have been vaping all this time happily with 50/50 juice, my Nautilus tanks with BVC coils using my MVP box mod. I have not changed a thing..... These coils have changed.... I go to get a new supply of BVC's and all I can find are these big hole ones now that suck.

Seems to me these bigger holes are designed more for a thinker juice 100% vg. So I'm guessing its going to come down to how many people use the thicker juice compared to those that use a 50/50 and thinner blend. If more use a thicker blend they wont change back.

I'm going to get a pack of BDC's and see if they are still the same. Very disappointed with Aspire :(
  • Totally agree with thegeodeman2005. They last for one tank turns juice brown and start to get burnt hit after burnt hit.
  • CLLL8" said:
    So disappointed with the new cotton BVC coils! The holes are too big and they do not wick well at all. The taste is also bad- the juice I have used for a year now does not even taste like it usually does. I was very satisfied with the ceramic BVC coils and am sorry to see them go. The new cotton coils are so bad that I have had to switch brands and stop using my Nautilus tanks altogether!
    i agree i have contacted aspire several times and i keep getting told that they were fully tested with no problems but on the forums many people are getting flooding issues.i have had to find a supply of the older small hole ones and have bought 12 packs of 5 to last me until aspire realises that there is a problem and rectify it.
    i have 11 nautilus/mini nautilus tanks :roll: :( :!:
  • I have accumulated alot of Nautilus and mini tanks. Every time my favorite vendor has them on sale I would buy two or three of them. I have a tank for just about every flavor I have. That's how much I loved these tanks. Now these new designed big holed BVC's are making them almost useless. These new coils flood, produce less vapor, and turns my juice brown very quickly.

Again I have been vaping on these BVC's since they hit the market they were the best I have ever used. I have had no complaints.

I have not changed anything. I'm using my same favorite flavors all at 50/50 blend. I'm using the same mod I have always used my MVP.

Problem started when I got these new coils with big holes. I even tried a different vendor thinking maybe it was a bad batch. Nope same problem.

In my opinion these newly designed coils with the big holes are JUNK!!!
  • The problem is that the cotton is getting burnt. They used to have some type of ceramic material between the coil and the cotton. People complained that the material was unsafe even though Aspire insisted it it was safe.

They switched to all cotton wicks and and made the holes larger.

Dear Aspire,

If the ceramic material you were using in the old coils was really safe, PLEASE bring them back.
  • They switched to all cotton wicks and and made the holes larger.
    Are you sure about that? I knew there was talk about going all cotton but I didn't think they had done it yet I just thought they changed the hole size. That could explain why they don't last long now. You know with the big fuss over the ceramic material why don't they put "Cotton" on the new package you'd think they'd want that known. I'm going to have to pull one of these coils apart and see if it is indeed cotton. I want the ceramic material back these new coils suck. Sell both kinds... Give us the option to buy ceramic or cotton. I've got allot of money in nautilus tanks and I can't enjoy them now. I'm not spending a ton of money on replacing these coils every freaking day.

I think I found a way to help the gurgling with these big holed coils but they still don't last and turns my juice brown quick.
  • I own several of each of the Aspire clearomizer models. With the cotton coils there is no flavor. There is very little sensation of vaping other than the exhaled vapor. I recently ordered 20 boxes of Nautilus coils and 20 boxes of the general use (K1, CE5, Vivi Nova, etc) coils. They are now of no use to me.

Aspire there is a market for the old ceramic coils. Bring them back. Label them version 1. Label every change with an appropriate version number. Color changes on the box for each version would be helpful. Also, market a line of rayon coils which reportedly have great flavor.

The engineers may have developed these new coils but I cannot believe they were extensively tested by human beings. At least human beings who would give an honest opinion of the product. If it was by testers who chain vape all day long as part of their job their sinuses and taste buds have most likely lost all sensitivity and ability to taste.

I would like to remain an Aspire customer but when the partial box of old coils is empty I must use the Kanger supplies and equipment that I have on hand. A new Eleaf GS Air will be ordered tonight.

Thank you for your time.
  • I also made the switch to Kanger. Much better and far more consistent than the new Nautilus cotton BVC coils!!! I really doubt that Aspire really cares anyway. Try the Kanger, their coils use organic Japanese cotton wicks that are simply wrapped in wire (just like and RBA setup).

Just got too frustrated and fed up with Aspire!
  • +1 on most of the comments from me!

I have just received my order of 5 packs of Nautilus coils - and got the new style cotton with large holes.

thegeodeman2005 kindly suggested a fix for the gurgling/flooding problem which seems to work BUT they definitely do not give as much flavour as the old ceramic versions.

I am very annoyed as my "standard" vaping kit, which I have been enjoying for the last 6 months or so (Nautilus, Minis & K1's + istick 20W & 30W, and recently + ESP 30W etc.) is no longer going to be viable because Aspire arbitrarily decide to change the coil construction!

I might just say sod it and go back to my EVODs which was where I started - at least they are consistent and I can re-wick and re-coil them with ease PLUS my ET-S with reworked BDC coils (because AGAIN Aspire changed these to BVC and they just flood, period)

Aspire PLEASE NOTE - IF I can no longer obtain the original style Nautilus BVC coils then you will lose me as a customer.
  • you can vape the new style over 20W
    REALLY???? You must me taking nanosecond vapes then because if I use them at anything over 14 W then I start getting a burnt taint to the vapour AND even at 11 W they are toast in a couple of days or so - and that is with 80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG which is thinner than your 50/50 mix (which is maybe why you don't get the gurgle) !

Maybe you have a severe case of vapers tongue? :lol:
  • Tried a 40pg 60vg blend and even it gurgles. Flavor for me is there but doesn't taste the same. I still do not like the new coils. I've tried but I will not be buying anymore of these cotton coils. I'm either going to find another brand, quit vaping all together or if it gets the best of me go back to smoking. I need a stable product not one that's going to constantly be changing. Aspire should have continued with the ceramic coils but add the cotton coils. Not discontinue the ceramic all together.

Why won't Aspire comment on bringing back the ceramic BVC. You said it was safe so bring it back. Sell both ceramic and cotton.
  • Why won't Aspire comment on bringing back the ceramic BVC. You said it was safe so bring it back. Sell both ceramic and cotton.
    I think the "silence" from Aspire can mean only one thing -THEY NOW KNOW THE CERAMIC WAS NOT AS SAFE AS THEY SAID - so they have come up with this BS that they have changed to cotton as "it's much better for flavour and vapour"

Funnily enough I have a bit of a cough coming on since I put those ceramic coils back in - anyone know a good lawyer I can contact in Shenzen - I assume you can Sue for damages in China? :evil:
  • ElaineW" said:
    Also, market a line of rayon coils which reportedly have great flavor.

I use rayon in my RDA's. Would love to see a line of rayon coils. They would last longer than cotton. Make them an optional coil though. The debate over Japanese Cotton vs Organic Cotton vs Rayon will be a long one but the Japanese Cotton and Rayon have been proven to wick almost the exact same and have very similar performance. Rayon does allow you to switch flavors more frequently than cotton and does not hold onto flavors as much.
    d1rte30" said:
    It's possible to lung hit a Nautilus? I don't think so
    I used to lung hit just fine with 50/50 juice on my Nautilus. It was even better when I took off the air flow control ring and bored out all the holes to match. Still never a leak, dry hit, or bad lung hit.
  • It's possible to lung hit a Nautilus? I don't think so
    Again yes it is possible. I have always lung hit with a Nautilus and the mini. Its a habit I picked up from the first day I started vaping. Mouth to lung just doesn't do it for me. I quit smoking lung hitting 18mg Mountain Dew with a iclear 16 tank and yes although its a tight draw I lung hit a Iclear 16.

Right now I'm lung hitting my 8mg Absinth in a full size Nautilus with these new cotton coils. I now believe I had a bad batch of cotton coils that is why I may have been having problems.
  • I started using the new 4 hole (1.8ohm 3.3-5v) coils and I'm sorry to say it they are far superior to the old ones for my liquid. The old ones taste burnt after 1 day whereas the new ones last for a good two weeks of heavy vaping
  • I don't know whether to be pleased or worried about the comments on the new BVC cotton coils for the Nautilus. I've just ordered a pack of the 'new' ones today - and from what I've read, I guess I'm in for a big disappointment. By the way, does anyone know how to clean the new coils, please? I am sorry about the changeover, as I was really happy with the original ceramic BVC's I guess I'm in for a change from my faithful Nautilus mini back to my old Kanger Aerotank II.. Thanks for any help.
  • I am afraid Aspire only seem to listen to customers that want bigger and better - more juice, more watts, more vapour, more money - from shorter life coils!

I am looking to standardise on another make - I have used Aspire for a long long time but with their insistence on this policy of changing all the coils (Nautilus and the small BVC) - they all gurgle or leak, along with the poorly designed ESP30, Pegasus and Triton they seem to be forgetting or ignoring the multitude of "ordinary" vapers that got their business to where it is today and refuse to respond to genuine support requests regarding these problems.

If they are not careful they are going to lose a lot of established custom very quickly.
  • I have passed your suggestion for smaller wick holes to our products development department.
    Hope good news in future.
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for kind feedback.
    We will pass your kind feedback to our engineer department.

Wish you all the best!
  • Yes, please go back to the original nautilus bvc coils. You can only prime the coil so much. The only other thing I could do is is let it soak in a bottle of liquid. Three five pack of coils in 3 days. Flavor for only a few pulls. I've run all different mixtures of liquid through them and they can't keep up. Please, please go back to the old ones.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire