Cleaning the Atlantis

Hey Everyone!

So I have been using the Atlantis for less than a week now and I am very impressed! I absolutely love this tank, but I feel like I have been getting conflicting information on whether or not you should be cleaning the coils for the Atlantis. The method I have been using is cleaning the coil by just running it under some hot water. Then I'll let it sit out and dry, while in the meantime I use the extra coil that it came with. When I run out of liquid, I rinse the coil with warm water and set it to the side to dry. Then, I grabbed the other coil that has been drying overnight and put it into my tank. So I repeat this process.

I typically vape at about 25-30 Watts.

I suppose my main question is, Should I not be cleaning the coils by running them under water? I am starting to notice decreased vapor production recently and sometimes I feel like I can't get the same vapor production as I originally did. I don't want to be damaging my coils by running them under water. As I'm sure everyone does, I want the longest life out of my coil and the best vapor production.

Is it just better to not run them under water and just keep the same e liquid with the same coil, and just use the coil till it dies?

I also see that my battery looks like it is slightly below 50% charged. I'm not sure if this also has something to contribute to it.. I think I'll put in a fully charged battery when I get home to see if that helps.

Any input is greatly appreciate!! Thanks team!

 Austin
Comments
  • 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • sandman2727" said:
    Hey Everyone!

So I have been using the Atlantis for less than a week now and I am very impressed! I absolutely love this tank, but I feel like I have been getting conflicting information on whether or not you should be cleaning the coils for the Atlantis. The method I have been using is cleaning the coil by just running it under some hot water. Then I'll let it sit out and dry, while in the meantime I use the extra coil that it came with. When I run out of liquid, I rinse the coil with warm water and set it to the side to dry. Then, I grabbed the other coil that has been drying overnight and put it into my tank. So I repeat this process.

I typically vape at about 25-30 Watts.

I suppose my main question is, Should I not be cleaning the coils by running them under water? I am starting to notice decreased vapor production recently and sometimes I feel like I can't get the same vapor production as I originally did. I don't want to be damaging my coils by running them under water. As I'm sure everyone does, I want the longest life out of my coil and the best vapor production.

Is it just better to not run them under water and just keep the same e liquid with the same coil, and just use the coil till it dies?

I also see that my battery looks like it is slightly below 50% charged. I'm not sure if this also has something to contribute to it.. I think I'll put in a fully charged battery when I get home to see if that helps.

Any input is greatly appreciate!! Thanks team!

 Austin
    Dear Austin,
    We are sorry that our coils can not be washed by water,which will damage the inner structure of the coils. :(
    It is better to keep the same e-liquid with the same coil till it dies. :D
    Have a nice day!
  • No need for apologizes. I just wanted to know if I was destroying my coils by running them through water. Thanks a bunch!
  • Thank you for the feedback!! No need to apologize just want to know how to properly care for the Coils. It would be very useful to see a warning not to rinse under water, especially with a lot of information out there suggesting that cleaning with water, alcohols, and dry burns being acceptable methods of cleaning the coils.
  • sandman2727" said:
    Thank you for the feedback!! No need to apologize just want to know how to properly care for the Coils. It would be very useful to see a warning not to rinse under water, especially with a lot of information out there suggesting that cleaning with water, alcohols, and dry burns being acceptable methods of cleaning the coils.
    Hello Sandman2727,
    You are so kind! :D
    I will pass your kind suggestion"a warning not to rinse under water" on our packaging of coils to our packaging department.
    Thank you!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire