Aspire Atlantis Question.

I want to start off by saying that I love the Atlantis tank. It's the first tank I've bought and I hope it's the last.

I purchased the Hana Modz DNA 40 in hopes that I could control the wattage and not burn out my coils fast, and I bought NXJO IMR 18650 3.7V 2500MAH 35A high drain battery and I was wondering if it was safe to use with the Atlantis?

Also, my tank tends to get hot, does anyone else have this problem?

I vape it at 24 watts and it reads .66 ohms and 3.95 volts. But I still run through coils as fast as I did when I was using a pegasus vapetech clone. I love the clouds and flavor that the tank gives me and I want to continue using it. But I've gone through at least 5, 5 packs of coils already and I properly prime them every time.
Comments
  • 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm using the Aspire CF Sub mod and am getting around 20 tanks on a coil. Any my tank gets very hot when Im chain vaping. I kind of think that's the best vap is when the tank is hot.
  • The tank getting warm comes from the coil inside being superheated by the electricity passing through it. That part is normal. If you don't like the warm to the touch tank you'll have to vape less often or just deal with it 8-)
  • I know everyone's coil usage varies, but one going through 5- 5 packs versus somemone getting 20 tanks out of one coil is extreme.

I know from experience it also has to do with how many watts you are pushing through the coil and the type of juice you are using.

If you are using a .66 ohm coil on a 35A high drain battery you are in the safe zone. There are a lot of sites where you can get an ohm calculator which is highly suggested. Now some batteries will advertise their amps to be higher then what they really are, so research your batteries before you buy them. Many suggest to not go below .3 ohms.

I am not familiar with the NXJO batteries, but below is a link to PBusardo's battery safety.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress ... nformation
  • Another way to check if the ohms are safe for your battery is this calculator.

http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.asp
  • Sonny,

I had a similar issues, in my case I was running my coils under water which ruins them. Every since I've been keeping the same coil in my tank I haven't had any problems !
© 2017 Powered by Aspire