Please Help, Having Pin Issues: Aspire Atlantis

So back in the day, I had a Slim Joy ecig. I stopped using it because of having to constantly replace atomizers, and in the cases I'd buy there'd always end up being 2-3 DOA. I also thought the constant maintenance of refilling and charging was very tedious and annoying.

I bought this product and the K101 KeCig shortly after Christmas (with $ that was not easy to come by, but I really thought vaping was a good alternative to smoking). I have had nothing but problems since. -Don't get me wrong, the first few days were AMAZING, but it is only when you become reliant on something that it likes to constantly break. Very upsetting.

The pin under the atomizer head keeps getting pushed in (which causes the whole thing to not work, or apparently melt batteries, even when I change the battery from the very base of the mod). The biggest challenge is refilling the juice and putting it back on without messing up the pin (as it is spring loaded, so I have to push the pieces back together while screwing it back on, and mind not spilling the juice).

The place I bought it from used a small screwdriver to push the pin back in. So I now carry a tiny screwdriver as well. However, this morning the pin and its 3 rubber grommet rings got pushed completely out when I was trying to do this (despite my same gentle pressure, having done this a few times now). I took it back to the shop and they fixed it somehow, but this pin is a real problem and I do not know how to just make it work like it did the first few days -FOR GOOD. Now when I refill the juice, I have to tap the pin with a Q-tip to make sure that explicit delete stays in there and functions. It just seems like the maintenance of vaping keeps getting more cumbersome as I go, and I am becoming jaded quite fast (I am sure that is not the impression Aspire intended here).

The Slim Joy may have been annoying, but all things considered, it's been about 5 years, and that thing still works (it's just not satisfying, hence my "upgrading"). Unfortunately, with the way things are going, I do not see this new Aspire Atlantis + K101 lasting more than maybe a month. The shop has a no return policy (that I did not notice until it appeared at the bottom of my receipt). I hate to keep throwing money at this, and practically live at the shop, if these arising issues are never going to resolve. I am extremely frustrated, what can I do to fix this for good and just enjoy it like it was probably meant to be enjoyed?

Thank you.
Comments
  • 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    Is your problem with the connector pin under the base hardware?
    Would you please take a clear picture to show your problem"this morning the pin and its 3 rubber grommet rings got pushed completely out "to our service:service@aspirecig.com
    What's more,a clear picture to show the security code and 3D sticker of your product.
    Our service will check with our engineer.

Have a nice day!
  • I think the problem lies with the K101 mod, not the Atlantis ...
  • Tina,
    I can send a clear picture, however, currently the pin is in... It was a real pain to get it in there and have it functioning again (as I did not do it, the shop did, and they cannot teach me, because "they have no idea how they did it."). Do I need to take the pin out for the picture to show you what happened? Do I need to wait for it to break again to take a picture? Please clarify, thank you. ...I did find something else online that looks like the trouble I am having: http://ukvapers.org/Thread-K101-K100-Ke ... h-Mod-woes ...And just to be clear for when I do take the picture, the security code is on the back paper, near the UPC? I see a sticker near that spot, but it doesn't look 3D to me.

Cegoca,
    Well the shop I bought it from sold me that mod with the Atlantis (so obviously, it should work, otherwise they wouldn't sell it like that, right? They tell me that no other customer has been having my issues and find it hard to believe I found other people online who do). They have an "all sales final" printed on their receipt (that I did not know about until after the fact). What can I reasonably do if I do not have a million dollars to dump into this vape project?
  • MajikVixen" said:
    Tina,
    I can send a clear picture, however, currently the pin is in... It was a real pain to get it in there and have it functioning again (as I did not do it, the shop did, and they cannot teach me, because "they have no idea how they did it."). Do I need to take the pin out for the picture to show you what happened? Do I need to wait for it to break again to take a picture? Please clarify, thank you. ...I did find something else online that looks like the trouble I am having: http://ukvapers.org/Thread-K101-K100-Ke ... h-Mod-woes ...And just to be clear for when I do take the picture, the security code is on the back paper, near the UPC? I see a sticker near that spot, but it doesn't look 3D to me.

Cegoca,
    Well the shop I bought it from sold me that mod with the Atlantis (so obviously, it should work, otherwise they wouldn't sell it like that, right? They tell me that no other customer has been having my issues and find it hard to believe I found other people online who do). They have an "all sales final" printed on their receipt (that I did not know about until after the fact). What can I reasonably do if I do not have a million dollars to dump into this vape project?
    Dear Customer,
    If you send the pictures to our service,if anything information our engineer need,they will contact you.

Have a nice day!
  • I just wanted to let you know I am trying to do this, but my camera software is also failing. I will have to have my BF look at it and he says he doesn't have time to do it until Tuesday. FML. Thanks anyway.
  • Nevermind, I was successfully able to send it. Thank you!
  • Wow, I was sold a fake. :( My shop took advantage of the inexperienced.

Thanks for your support, Aspire.

Sorry for the confusion.

Please keep this forum up, so I can point all my friends in this direction, thank you.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire