Atlantis Coils/1 per day? Black flakes

Hello,

I am a new vapor and chose the Atlantis as my first tank. I am noticing that with the e-liquid I am using, after about a day the coils seems to go bad.

The taste becomes more burnt/harsh, and I get some high temperature flakes burning my tongue. I've made sure the tank is always full, with fluid above the cotton hole at all time.

There also appears to be more dark material visible inside the coil, and the flakes are getting past the screen. The liquid is 50pg/50vg, not very dark but an orange color. Is this certainly caramelized e-liquid, or could it be ceramic pieces?

I've read some disheartening things about the ceramic you are using in the cotton wick. Am I safe? Why do the coils only last one day? Also, if I bought a Nautilus, would I have the same problem?

Thanks
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If your e-juice have high sugar/sweetener/nicotine content?
    If it has a high sugar/sweetener content it will gunk up and carmalize on the coil really fast. The darkening of the juice is the caramelized coils coloring it. Customers can try turning the volts down, but it won't solve the problem.
    If customers leave it out much in the heat or the sun it will darken a little as well depending on the nicotine content.
    What's more,please make sure that the wattage you use is compatible with our products.

Have a nice day!
  • Hello Tina,

Honestly I cannot say how much or what kind of sugar/sweetener is in it, but this peach juice is on the sweet side. The juice did not get darker during use, it's just an light orange color to begin with, nicotine is 6mg/ml. I guess I will discontinue use of this flavor on the Atlantis since it is destroying the coils too quickly.

I just bought a Nautilus, and wanted to ask two questions.

1. The peach juice, am I likely to have the same problem with the nautilus? If the Nautilus uses much less power, say 10w vs 30w (Atlantis), will the coils still get caramelized/gunked up the same way? I am very new to vaping, so I don't have many flavors that I really like -- if possible I would like to keep this peach flavor somehow since I enjoy it a lot.

2. I noticed on the Nautilus, primarily on the tip you place to your mouth -- it had a decent amount of light scratches and scuff marks. Obviously the finishing on the Nautilus is different than the Atlantis -- the Atlantis seems to look perfect with no scratches out of the box.

Since I bought the Nautilus at a physical retail outlet, is it possible they sold me a used/returned item? I have no doubt it's authentic, but pretty shocked about the scratched/scuffed finish. If the Nautilus is in fact new, then you have done a much better job with the machining of the Atlantis.

Thanks,
    Michael
  • Dear Customer,
    Try our best to answer your question:
    First,if the e-juice has a high sugar/sweetener content,for the same reason,we also don't suggest use on our nautilus.
    Second,did you mean there is a little scratch on the drip tip of your nautilus?Did you check the security code of your products on our website:https://www.aspirecig.com/,is it original?

Have a nice day!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire