CANT SCREW ON NAUTILUS TANK -2ND ONE!

WELL JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER ASPIRE NAUTILUS. BECAUSE MY FIRST ONE STOPPED BEING ABLE TO GO ON. AND I ACTUALLY BOUGHT A NEW PEN BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS MY YOYETECH EVICS PROBLEM AND THEN BOUGHT A I-STICK NOW. I HONESTLY AND SO TIRED OF SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS ....I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE LESS EXPENSIVE THAN SMOKING CIGARETTES. BUT I KEEP HAVING TO SPEND MONEY ON THINGS.

MY NAUTILUS WAS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD. AND IDK IF THE THREADING WAS STRIPPED BUT THE LIL BOTTOM PIN THINK THAT TOUCHES THE PEN TO KNOW THE COIL/ATOMIZER IS DETECTED TO NOT STICK OUT ON THE FIRST ONE AND I SEE THE NEW ONE I JUST BOUGHT LESS THAN A MONTH AGO DOES STICK OUT. SO MAYBE THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

BUT THIS NEW ONE IS HARD TO PUT ON ALL OF A SUDDEN. I HAVE TO PUSH DOWN HARD AS I PUT IT ON. AND LAST NIGHT IT FELL OFF WHEN I PICKED IT UP. AND I TRIED TO PUT IT ON MY EVIC AND SAME THING. I HAVE A FEELING IT WILL SOON NOT BE ABLE TO WORK JUST LIKET HE OTHER ONE.

I VAPE A LOT. BECAUSE I USED TO SMOKE OVER A PACK A DAY. BUT IT SHOULD NOT BE MADE SO CHEAPLY THAT YOU CAN NOT TAKE IT OFF TO REFILL IT MORE THAN ONCE PER DAY!

I HATED THE KANGER ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW. WHICH I DID BUY SMH IN BETWEEN BUYING ANOTHER ONE. SINCE I HAD THE PROBLEM WITH THE FIRST SO SOON AFTER BUYING THE FIRST! KANGER IS RIDICULOUSLY NOT USER FRIENDLY. ITS LIKE A PUZZLE TO OPEN IT EVERY TIME I PUT JUICE IN. AND HARD TO CHANGE THE AIR FLOW HOLES. AND U CANT EVEN SEE THE JUICE. IT GOES INTO THE BASE. ALL AROUND NOT GOOD.

SO I LIKE YOURS. BUT NOT IF IT BREAKS!!! THAT IS WORTHLESS. AND I ALREADY TALKED ABOUT HOW THE COILS BREAK TOO FOR ME BY GETTING STUCK IN THE NECK AND I HAVE TO REPLACE THEM ABOUT EVERY 4 DAYS. =( AND OIL GETS UNDER THEM IN THE AIRFLOW BASE. BUT THAT IS WHOLE OTHER STORY

BUT......I GOT THIS ONLINE. AND IF I RETURN IT WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? AND YOU NEED TO DEAL WITH THIS. I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE. IF IT HAPPENED TWO TIMES IN A ROW.

CATEIS@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Comments
  • 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ok, I'm trying to understand what the exact issue is, help me out.

Are you having problems screwing the tank to the battery? Are the "510" threads on the bottom of the tank stripped? Or the "510" threads on the battery stripped?

Have you put the "beauty ring" from the Nautilus (do you have the Nautilus, or the Mini Nautilus?) on the eGo type battery? It helps to prevent stressing the 510 threads.

On the bottom of the tank, the center connecting pin should be spring loaded and sticks out slightly. With everything assembled, you should be able to push it in, and it should 'pop' back out easily with minimal resistance. Aspire did this, because they couldn't guaranty that every battery made by other manufacturers used the same depth dimension as everyone else. The spring loaded center pin helps to ensure that there is a connection made.

But, the coil has to be screwed in properly into the base hardware. The coil is the fixed part that the other side of the spring loaded center pin. With the coil not properly seated, the center pin doesn't work.

There are clone coils out there, that aren't the proper dimensions and have really bad threads for screwing into the base hardware. With bad clone coils, they won't seat properly and won't seal properly into the base hardware. Because of this, juice leaks into the base hardware and out the air hole, and the spring loaded center pin doesn't work. Also they don't use the same ceramic mesh wick that Aspire uses, and will allow juice to flow down into the base hardware and out the air hole and not vape properly.

Or the opposite is true, with a clone tank/base hardware. They are made without the proper dimension and if you put in authentic BVC/BDC coils into the clone hardware, liquid will leak into the base hardware and out the air hole and not vape properly.

Now I have held a clone Nautilus and messed with it. One thing I noticed right off the bat, was that the center pin spring was really, REALLY stiff. It hurt my finger trying to push the center post in and it was really, REALLY slow popping out. Also the center pin when fully pushed in wasn't flush with the bottom of the threads (real Nautilus's the center post can be pushed in so it is actually slightly recessed inside the threads).

There are some batteries out there that put their circuitry directly under the center post. If you over tighten a tank onto the battery (doesn't matter who's tank you use) the extra pressure may damage the circuit board underneath (I believe the original Vision Spinner batteries had this issue). This is also why Aspire made their batteries with spring loaded center pins. To ensure that there was sufficient contact and no issues with putting excessive pressure on any circuitry inside the battery.

Also, some batteries the 510 threads are just not machined properly with the proper dimensions. I was helping someone that was complaining that their tank (Not Aspire) was all wobbly when they put their tank on. I looked at the threads on the battery and was amazed at how crappy the threads were. Even my Nautilus tanks were all wobbly when I tried.

When screwing anything together (coils into base, base to upper, tank to battery, etc.), there should be no resistance when starting to thread things together (you will eventually feel resistance when you reach the seals). If you have to force it, you are "cross threading" and will damage the threads and ruin your setup.

A simple trick that I learned long ago, if you feel initial resistance. STOP. Unscrew while lightly, gingerly, holding stuff, until you fill a 'tick' then screw in normally. That 'tick' is the threads lining up so they can go together properly. It takes a bit of practice to get the feel, but once "it happens" you will recognize it from that day forth. This works for anything threaded (nuts, bolts, screws, etc.)

Also, I hate to ask, where exactly did you buy your Nautilus and your coils?

P.S.
    All caps (yelling) is really difficult to read, btw.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire