bdc coils

For Christmas, my wife purchased me a few packs of Aspire BDC coils, 1.8ohms. When I put one in, I noticed it was very "airy" and could not figure out if the coil was a defect or if my juice changed in some way.

Upon further investigation, I noticed that the specifications of the coil is different.

In the boxes I normally buy, I see this on the box:

1.8ohm (3.0-5.0V)

On the new boxes, I see this on the box:

1.8ohm (4.2-5.0V)

So there is clearly a difference. I usually use 3.6V (7.2W) when I vape. When I increased my use to 4.2W (9.8W) it was closer but also much stronger, and stronger than I want. According to my wife, when she purchased theses boxes the store told her that "we just received a new shipment".

Does this mean that Aspire is discontinuing the 1.8 (3.0-5.0V)?
If Aspire is going to sell both, how will I know what to tell the vendor which one I want? If they do not call out this difference, should it be assumed that they are continuing to sell the 1.8 (3.0-5.0V)?

To say the least, this is really confusing and I think Aspire needs to educate everyone on what is going on and why this decision was made to change the coils.

Rob->
Comments
  • 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    we have made some changes to the information located on both the Coils and Packaging - We post this information on our website,See more at: https://www.aspirecig.com/news/news182.html

Have a nice day!
  • Thank you for your quick response.

I can appreciate that you want to improve the product quality, and ever since the Aspire ET and ET-S with BDC coils came out I threw away all my other tanks because Aspire was so superior. But if you are going to make a significant change to the specifications of the BDC coils, you need to tell customers about the change and what the customer needs to do.

In may case, as originally written, I am using 3.6V (7.2W) with the old 1.8Ω(3.0-5.0V) coil. With the new specifications, please tell me how I get the equivalent "hit" with the new coils. I am not an engineer and do not understand ohms, volts, etc.

Please inform me how I can get the same "hit" using 3.6V (7.2W):
    * Should I switch to the new 1.6Ω(3.0-4.2V)?
    * Should I use the new 1.8Ω(4.2-5.0V) and use a ## for V that you say is the equivalent?
    * Some other recommendation is better?

Please do not tell me to experiment. There is some mathematics here that you need to explain. Once I know your recommendation, then I will experiement but I need your recommendation as a starting point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated response!
  • Oh, also, the link you provided is for BVC coils. I am writing to you about BDC coils. Should the link you provide also include mentioning that this new information also applies to BDC coils?
  • kiheiman" said:
    Oh, also, the link you provided is for BVC coils. I am writing to you about BDC coils. Should the link you provide also include mentioning that this new information also applies to BDC coils?
    It also apply to our BDC coil.
    Have a nice day!
  • kiheiman" said:
    Thank you for your quick response.

I can appreciate that you want to improve the product quality, and ever since the Aspire ET and ET-S with BDC coils came out I threw away all my other tanks because Aspire was so superior. But if you are going to make a significant change to the specifications of the BDC coils, you need to tell customers about the change and what the customer needs to do.

In may case, as originally written, I am using 3.6V (7.2W) with the old 1.8Ω(3.0-5.0V) coil. With the new specifications, please tell me how I get the equivalent "hit" with the new coils. I am not an engineer and do not understand ohms, volts, etc.

Please inform me how I can get the same "hit" using 3.6V (7.2W):
    * Should I switch to the new 1.6Ω(3.0-4.2V)?
    * Should I use the new 1.8Ω(4.2-5.0V) and use a ## for V that you say is the equivalent?
    * Some other recommendation is better?

Please do not tell me to experiment. There is some mathematics here that you need to explain. Once I know your recommendation, then I will experiement but I need your recommendation as a starting point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated response!
    After thousands of test,in order to get better vapor and flavor,we change our marking about the voltage to use our different ohm coil.
    Here are our chief engineer suggestion to use our products correctly:
    Some people asked that why we invented coils with different resistance coils ,not only for offering customer some different choose,but also because different resistance coils have different voltage and applicative battery requirement to make the coils work properly.
    For our 1.6ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:3.3V-4.2V,use it with normal e-go battery,which have constant voltage output.
    For our 1.8ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:4.2V-4.8V,use it with voltage adjustable battery,never use our 1.8 ohm coils with high-power wattage adjustable Mod,if once customer to use our coils with wattage exceed 12W Conscious or non conscious.the structure will be damaged,despite how low wattage customer used later,the burn taste will never solved.
    For our 2.1 ohm coils ,the reasonable voltage is:5.0-6.0V,use it with voltage adjustable battery
    What's more,high proportion of VG e-juice or high sugar/sweetener content e-juice will also affect the coils life.we suggest to use our products with VG proportion less than 50%(0%-20%)
    Thank you and have a nice day!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire