BVC replacement coil issues

I am having issues with my replacement coils for my Nautilus Mini. The coils supplied with the unit initially worked great, and was the best vaping experience I have had thus far.

The initial coils worked well for about three weeks. I replaced the coil with an authentic 1.8 ohm BVC. I verified this through the scratch code on the back of the package. When I replaced the coil, it had the same great taste for approximately 10 puffs, and it started to change the amount of flavor and vapor production. Upon the degradation of flavor, the resistance goes rapidly from 1.8 ohms to 2.5 ohms and begins to produce little vapor, and little flavor, with the small amount of flavor tasting slightly burnt.

I use an iTaste VV V3.0 and a 50/50 juice blend. I have not over tightened the coil, and did not change any of my vaping habits in between the initial coils and the replacement coils. I did recheck the resistance on the original coils and they are at 1.9 ohms.

I have tried this with 3 of the replacement coils, and they all reach around 2.5 ohms and lose vapor production and flavor within about 12 hours. This is measured with the iTaste VV, but as I stated earlier, it also read the original coils were still at 1.9 ohms. I always let them prime for at least 5 minutes, and have never gotten an initial dry hit.

I have contacted the retailer, but have not received a response as of yet. If I could get some help with this situation, it would be greatly appreciated.
Comments
  • 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Now I explain the reason why the resistance are not compatible with the value we mark.
    Our coils are weldless fitting,they are surface contacting through a insulated ring,it exists surface micro resistance,if we use normal resistance tester like:battery and multi-meter,it is inaccurate,we must use professional micro resistance machine to test. It is ok to use the multi-meter to test both ends of the leading wire in the coils,but for surface micro resistance,we need the professional micro resistance machine
    Here the suggestion for dry hit:
    First,make sure the voltage and wattage under permitted range.
    Second,refill the e-juice,than make the device stand up for a few minutes before using.which can let the coils soaked into the e-juice very well.
    Thank you!
    Have a nice day!
  • I have not had this problem, I'd suggest getting another pack of BVCs from a different retailer and see how it goes. Strange.
  • Dear Tina,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could re read my entire post and give a response to the information that is in my post.
    Here the suggestion for dry hit:
    First,make sure the voltage and wattage under permitted range.
    Second,refill the e-juice,than make the device stand up for a few minutes before using.which can let the coils soaked into the e-juice very well.
    As I stated previously, I always prime the coils for at least 5 minutes, and I have never gotten a dry hit from the coils. That is not the issue.
    Now I explain the reason why the resistance are not compatible with the value we mark.
    Our coils are weldless fitting,they are surface contacting through a insulated ring,it exists surface micro resistance,if we use normal resistance tester like:battery and multi-meter,it is inaccurate,we must use professional micro resistance machine to test. It is ok to use the multi-meter to test both ends of the leading wire in the coils,but for surface micro resistance,we need the professional micro resistance machine .
    Regardless of if I am using a $500 piece of machinery, or my iTaste, the difference between 1.8 ohms and 2.5 ohms is macro, and not micro. I never contested the initial resistance. It read as 1.8 ohms.

My problem is, the rapidly diminishing output of flavor and vapor from the coil. A coil that lasts for one day is not an acceptable alternative for me.

Thank you,

Dear Customer
  • Dear Customer,
    Sorry to misunderstand you post.
    It is our first time to hear this problem,We will pass your problem to our engineer,our service will contact you by mail.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire