Vivi Nova mini with BVC atomizer

Hi, I usually go to my local vape shop myself and I buy replacement atomizers for a vivi nova mini. I'm almost positive they give me BDC atomizers each time but this time I sent my wife in and she came home with BVC atomizers. I notice very bad gurgling and some pooling on my battery. Does using BVC atomizers in a vivi nova mini make a difference?

I noticed that as my usual atomizers have two holes for juice intake these have four.
Comments
  • 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    First please make sure your bought our original BVC coils.
    Second please make sure your use compatible voltage with our products.
    Here are our chief engineer suggestion to use our products correctly:
    Some people asked that why we invented coils with different resistance coils ,not only for offering customer some different choose,but also because different resistance coils have different voltage and applicative battery requirement to make the coils work properly.
    For our 1.6ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:3.3V-4.2V,use it with normal e-go battery,which have constant voltage output.
    For our 1.8ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:4.2V-4.8V,use it with voltage adjustable battery.
    For our 2.1ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:5.0-6.0V,use it with voltage adjustable battery.
    What's more,high proportion of VG e-juice or high sugar/sweetener content e-juice will also affect the coils life.we suggest to use our products with VG proportion less than 50%
    We will pass your problem to our engineer,and we will do more tests,using the New BVC coils in the BDC series glassomizer like vivi nova mini,ET,ET-S...
    Have a nice day!
  • Thanks but you did not answer my question at all.
    Is the BVC atomizer able to be used in the vivi nova mini clearomizer?
  • Dear Customer,
    Sorry for missing your question.
    The BVC coil,it is not only compatible with the K1,but also compatible with common BDC clearomizer series such as the ET, ET-S,CE5,CE5-S,vivi nova mini clearomizers.
    https://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-bvc- ... -p-85.html
    Have a nice day!
  • I just happened by this forum looking for some advice on the exact same problem .

I have the Aspire Vivi Nova-S and I just tried the BVC coils ( 2 of them ) on an 18350 pipe mod and both of them flooded with loads of gurgling . I also tried it with my Vamo 5 with the wattage cranked up to 10 and they still gurgled and flooded so I am inclined to think that they are not compatible .
  • jonski" said:
    I just happened by this forum looking for some advice on the exact same problem .

I have the Aspire Vivi Nova-S and I just tried the BVC coils ( 2 of them ) on an 18350 pipe mod and both of them flooded with loads of gurgling . I also tried it with my Vamo 5 with the wattage cranked up to 10 and they still gurgled and flooded so I am inclined to think that they are not compatible .
    Dear Customer,
    First please make sure you tank and the coils are original.
    Here are our chief engineer suggestion to use our products correctly:
    For our 1.6ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:3.0V-4.2V,use it with normal e-go battery,which have constant voltage output.
    For our 1.8ohm coils,It is better to use them with voltage adjustable battery,the voltage should be 4.2-4.8,if the voltage is too low,the quantity of heat is not enough,however the e-juice with high VG,the e-juice can not be atomized very well,then the leaking problem will happend.We usually use VG proportion less than 50%(0-30%)
    For our 2.1 ohm coils ,the reasonable voltage is:5.0-6.0V,use it with voltage adjustable battery
    For your problem,Please use a clean paper encase the drip tip,then drip tip face down to the floor,catch the base hardware to swing the device several times to let the redundant e-juice out from the drip tip.Then to use compatible battery and voltage to have a try.
    Have a nice day!
  • jonski" said:
    I just happened by this forum looking for some advice on the exact same problem .

I have watched a Youtube review of the BDCs. It appears there is some confusion amongst users. The person giving the review too had the same issues. This was an older video and claims that the older BDC atomizers have four holes as well in which case they switched to a two hole design because of the same issues....that being too much juice intake into the head causing them to flood.

Now seeing how this was an old issue with the older BDC style and they decided to phase out the design for the BVC its beyond me as to why they would once again use the four hole design seeing how its only a single coil which would only heighten the odds of flooding.
  • Isn't it all about the airflow? Or lack thereof? I've been doing a lot of reading, seen some having success putting extra holes in...well it makes sense, its a tight draw, one tiny hole on the bottom connector--in my case theresva gasket partially blocking the hole...I have the vivi nova-s glass and a 19mm diameter 1600 may evod vv battery, have a 19 km ring on the top to make it flat on top...I got the tank with 1.8 ohm bdc. Used it for a couple hours and it flooded. I Vale liquid gold and flooding is not an option for me. This is trial run for vacation. I took out the bdc and replaced it with the bvc I bought too, also 1.8 ohm. But I get why it floods. There's not enough air, 4 holes in the head to soak up juice-- I'm pretty sure what he said before about higher voltage is dicey...I mean if you look at safe vaping chart and 1.8 ohm resistance, looks like low 4's is on the high side of safe, and I'm sure cranking up the heat burns your stuff before it can flood out, but is that a good thing? The airflow needs to be improved. I bet it can be diy... But for most that's the whole point. Anyway. Try this, leaving it flat or upside down when not vaping. You must really go low and slow...but not for too long,..I haven't tested it yet in warmth--its cold here, and non doubt that will make some difference, but so far upside down in my pocket no flooding yet, nothing coming down the tube-- that's what I think the heat will change. Whether it is negotiable will determine if its a pass or fail for me. Needs more air to work right tho. Design flaw. Or stick with the fewer holes in the Atty head, not so much gets in so fast....dry hits--complaint on the bdc. Since they went back to 4 holes on the bvc, and the complaint is flooding. I might try drilling out the hole in the 'beauty ring' on mine to see if I can get more air in there
  • More airflow made it worse. I use them on a non variable eGo and I have a beauty ring with adjustable air flow and opening it up made it actually back flow at a faster rate and gurgle like a boiling pot pof water. Also these have two holes in the sides of the pin where some other designs have the larger hole at the bottom of the pin. These atomizers are very noisy so I would be willing to say in my opinion there is way too much airflow to begin with as they howl and whistle like crazy when used.

Oh, which leads me to another issue. The inconstancy in the manufacturing with these is ridiculous. For example I have a 5 pack, they all have different thickness in o rings and grommets and the pins aren't all the same lengths. Half of them I need to pull the pin down every so often because they are too short and then they slowly get pulled back up by the grommet. Also the holes in the atomizer head to draw in liquid aren't even all the same size from one head to the next. Lastly, on some of them, the rubber gasket at the top of the atomizer that presses against the chimney of the tank is out of alignment which also caused flooding. I found I had to remove it from 3 of my atomizers in the five pack to re-set it to stop gurgling and flooding.
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    What kind of coils did you use? Are the coils for the nautilus series tank or the BDC series glassomizer like CE5,ET-S,ET...?
    What is the resistance of your coils?
    Would you please tell us the security code of your tank and coils for our reference?
    What kind of battery did you use? What wattage and voltage did you use?
    What is the proportion of the PG:VG of your e-juice?
    Have a nice day!
  • I am also having terrible gurgling issues after installing two different BVC coils into Vivi Nova tanks. Tried vaping at recommended voltage, and lots of gurgling. Pushed up to 5.5V and slightly less gurgling but still not satisfactory.

I have cleaned and tightened the tanks/coils many times but still gurgling and have tried different juices including high PG juices that are not sweet.

Security code of the coils were verified as good, serial code: 49660 0112 0
© 2017 Powered by Aspire