Aspire CF SUB OHM Battery Charging

First off,

I love my Aspire Atlantis setup. When I received the Atlantis and the CF SUB OHM Battery, it worked perfectly out if the box. I have been using it for 3 days on a single charge before the battery died.

My Questions/Concerns:

- The battery LED never went from Blue to Orange while using it on the "Factory Charge" (I didn't charge it prior to using it because I was told not to, I have only used it on the charge it came with, and only tried to charge it this one time). I was using it last night and while pressing the button it was Blue (like it had been for the past 3 days). Then all of a sudden, it flashed Orange 15 times (tripping the built-in "Overdischarge Protection"). I tried to hit the button 5 times really fast to turn the battery off (but wasnt aware that this wasn't possible because the directions mention nothing concerning whether or not you should-try/shouldn't-try to turn off the battery before plugging it into the charger), but it just repeated the 15 Orange flashes.

- I plugged it in 6 hours ago and have kept my eye on it the whole time while watching TV. I plugged it in with a compatible charger and double checked to ensure the input/output voltages on the USB charger and wall charger matched the specific requirements that Aspire stated (Input: DC 5V / Output: DC 4.2V & 420mA). I also tested the wall and USB charger to ensure it was providing the proper voltage prior to plugging the battery in.

- After plugging it in, the LED turned Orange and the light on the charger was red.

- After some time, the LED turned Blue. I didn't check the light on the charger at this time, but figured it should be Red (by reading the directions) and should turn Green when the charge is complete and after the LED has completely turned off (which means it's fully charged).

- Its been hours and the LED light is still Blue, and the light on the charger is Green.

Is this normal? Did I not completely understand the information that was provided for the CF SUB OHM Battery?
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear nshake,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    Our battery have Overdischarge Protection,When battery cell voltage is less than 3.2V (low battery), the atomizer will remain OFF and the Orange LED light will blink 15 times to remind customer the battery need charged.
    As for charging:Gently screw battery into the USB charger. Plug the USB into the supplied wall charger or computer. The battery will flash 3 times and then turn solid in color (Orange light in 3.2-3.5V,
    Blue light in 3.5-4.15V). The light on the USB charger will be red when charging.Once fully charged, the USB charger will display a green light, and the LED light on battery will turn off. But sometimes,because of current wave,these two action can not act at the same time,there may be 20-60 minutes delay.Please let the battery stay on the charger long to have a try.
    If this doesn't work,please discharge the battery,when the light on the battery flash orange,then try charge again to see if it is work.
    At last,please make sure the charger is our original charger,we can not assure that other brand charger,the mark output and input information is the same as the actual.
    We don't suggest our customer to use other brand chargers,for different brand charger set different current to full charge.Which will damage our battery.
    Have a nice day!
  • Tina" said:
    Dear nshake,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    Our battery have Overdischarge Protection,When battery cell voltage is less than 3.2V (low battery), the atomizer will remain OFF and the Orange LED light will blink 15 times to remind customer the battery need charged.
    As for charging:Gently screw battery into the USB charger. Plug the USB into the supplied wall charger or computer. The battery will flash 3 times and then turn solid in color (Orange light in 3.2-3.5V,
    Blue light in 3.5-4.15V). The light on the USB charger will be red when charging.Once fully charged, the USB charger will display a green light, and the LED light on battery will turn off. But sometimes,because of current wave,these two action can not act at the same time,there may be 20-60 minutes delay.Please let the battery stay on the charger long to have a try.
    If this doesn't work,please discharge the battery,when the light on the battery flash orange,then try charge again to see if it is work.
    At last,please make sure the charger is our original charger,we can not assure that other brand charger,the mark output and input information is the same as the actual.
    We don't suggest our customer to use other brand chargers,for different brand charger set different current to full charge.Which will damage our battery.
    Have a nice day!
    Also, I wanted to add that I am using the CF Wall & USB Charger I that came with my Aspre Nautilus Premium Kit. So the Wall and USB Chargers are both Aspire, but I am unsure if they were the right ones for the CF SUB OHM Battery. I thought I needed to buy an extra one. But after looking around, I see that this is the correct charger. And I let it sit for approximately 2 hours after the light on the charger turned Green. But the LED Light on the battery never turned off and just remained Blue.

Regards,

nshake
  • While charging,the light on the charger will blink green and red(red long and green short)Once fully charged, the USB charger will display a solid green light, and the LED light on battery will turn off. This two action sometimes will no do at the same time.Maybe 20-60 minutes interval.
    Or,you can discharge the battery,when the light on the battery turn orange,then charge the battery to have a try.
    Have a nice day!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire