I love my Aspire Atlantis setup. When I received the Atlantis and the CF SUB OHM Battery, it worked perfectly out if the box. I have been using it for 3 days on a single charge before the battery died.
- The battery LED never went from Blue to Orange while using it on the "Factory Charge" (I didn't charge it prior to using it because I was told not to, I have only used it on the charge it came with, and only tried to charge it this one time). I was using it last night and while pressing the button it was Blue (like it had been for the past 3 days). Then all of a sudden, it flashed Orange 15 times (tripping the built-in "Overdischarge Protection"). I tried to hit the button 5 times really fast to turn the battery off (but wasnt aware that this wasn't possible because the directions mention nothing concerning whether or not you should-try/shouldn't-try to turn off the battery before plugging it into the charger), but it just repeated the 15 Orange flashes.
- I plugged it in 6 hours ago and have kept my eye on it the whole time while watching TV. I plugged it in with a compatible charger and double checked to ensure the input/output voltages on the USB charger and wall charger matched the specific requirements that Aspire stated (Input: DC 5V / Output: DC 4.2V & 420mA). I also tested the wall and USB charger to ensure it was providing the proper voltage prior to plugging the battery in.
- After plugging it in, the LED turned Orange and the light on the charger was red.
- After some time, the LED turned Blue. I didn't check the light on the charger at this time, but figured it should be Red (by reading the directions) and should turn Green when the charge is complete and after the LED has completely turned off (which means it's fully charged).
- Its been hours and the LED light is still Blue, and the light on the charger is Green.
Is this normal? Did I not completely understand the information that was provided for the CF SUB OHM Battery?