Definitive Coil Replacement Suggestions

Obviously, frequency of coil changes depend on many factors. Juice mix ratio, voltage, frequency of use, etc.

However, what I am asking is this...

Based on Aspire product testing, under "ideal conditions", how often should the "average user" change their coils?

Answering this question requires both a definition of "ideal conditions" and "average user".

Let's use myself as an example:

I started with a brand new BVC coil in my Nautilus Mini 16 days ago. I use a few different juices, but they are all roughly 50/50 at 12mg nicotine. And I go thru approximately 4-5 tanks a day. I run down two full eGo CTwist VV batteries a day on 3.8v - 4v. I rarely go above 4v ever.

I have gotten extremely varied results with almost no deviation in my usage habits. Sometimes I have to replace coils in 8 days because of the flavor/vapor reduction, sometimes in 3 weeks.

I would like an "official" outline from Aspire as to when, under either "normal" or "ideal" conditions, the company recommends coil replacement. And a definition of those terms.

At least this would give us a good baseline to work from and help people identify when they have legitimately bad coils or straight up fakes.

If possible, an Excel spreadsheet or at least a graphically presented chart of product testing would be ideal.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Comments
  • 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    As you stated that frequency of coil changes depend on many factors
    Now among the whole the electronic cigarette industry,there is no unitive standard to measure the coils' life.
    We suggest that change the coils about ten days.
    For our 1.6ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:3.3V-4.2V,use it with normal e-go battery,which have constant voltage output.
    For our 1.8ohm coils,the reasonable voltage is:4.2V-4.8V,use it with voltage adjustable battery,never use our 1.8 ohm coils with high-power wattage adjustable Mod.
    We suggest to use less VG proportion e-juice,in our daily test,the vg proportion between 0-30%
    Have a nice day!
  • THAT IS CRAZY. THE COILS LAST ME LIKE 4 DAYS!!! WHICH IS ONE THING I HATE THE MOST ABOUT THE NAUTILUS. AND THE NEW BVC ONES ARE NOT ANY BETTER. PEOPLE HAVE CLAIMED THEY WOULD BE BETTER. THEY ARE NOT

ONE PROBLEM...WHICH IS WHY I CAME TO THE ASPIRE SITE IS THE COILS GET STUCK IN THE NECK A LOT WHEN I TAKE THE TANK OFF TO PUT MORE JUICE IN. TOO BAD I CANT JUST CONTACT ASPIRE. NO EMAIL?? I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE.

I HAVE HAD TO USE A TOOL AND LITERALLY BREAK THE COIL. AND ONCE BROKE THE GLASS. THIS IS CRAZY. AND A LOT OF OIL LEAKS BELOW THE COIL. I OFTEN HAVE TO TAKE THE COIL OUT AND USE A PAPERTOWEL....TWIST IT AND PUT IT DOWN IN THE TANK TO SOAK IT UP. USE ALCOHOL SOMETIMES.
  • SO WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU USE THE 1.8OHM ONES AT LOWER VOLTS? I HAVE BEEN DOING THAT? HMM...I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE DIFFERENCE WAS. I JUST SAW THIS INFO AND RAISED IT TO 4.2. WILL IT BURN MORE JUICE OR WHAT?
  • Dear Customer,
    It is depend on the proportion of vg for your e-juice.
    if the voltage is too low,the quantity of heat is not enough,however the e-juice with high VG,the e-juice can not be atomized very well,then the leaking problem will happend.
    Have a nice day!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire