BVC 1.8ohm are way higher than 1.8!

I have purchased three replacement 5-packs of BVC 1.8ohm coils from three different places now. The coils are all reading resistances between 2.1 - 2.5 ohms! I have measured them on two different multimeters and got the same resistances. I even bought a Nautilus Mini the other day and both coils that were in the package read 2.1 ohms.

I verified that my products were authenticate Aspire.

What is going on with the quality control on the BVCs? :evil:
Comments
  • 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • They use 1.8 as a baseline and actual resistance will vary +/- about .3 ohms. Once you assemble your tank with liquid it has an effect as well. If you had a 1.8 ohm coil you can expect when all is said and done it may go up to 2.1 or 2.2 max, this goes with any manufacturer.

If you had one go up to 2.5, that coil did have problems, but just because the ohms are higher doesn't mean you can't use it. Turn up the voltage until you're happy.

Right now I'm vaping a 1.6 ohm BVC and it is actually ohming out at 1.8
  • Except that they are already exceeding + 0.3ohms tolerance without being installed on a tank. Those resistances are measured as they are out of the box, not installed.

If they were closer to the tolerance I wouldn't have a problem. Simply increasing voltage/wattage results in shorter battery life.

I just expect that if something is advertised as doing something, it does what it says. The range of resistances go above and beyond the tolerances discussed. That's 15 1.8ohm coils from three different retailers all measuring above the tolerance.
  • You need to check them once they are installed in the tank and soaked in juice with a 510 ohm meter or your device if it shows resistance, this has an effect.
  • And if I do install them and make the measurements, they would only result in even higher resistance than what they should be.

I've been doing electrical engineering for 35 years. I know very well what I am talking about.

This being said, I would appreciate a response from Aspire regarding this. I understand you are trying to assist; however, your advice will only show that the resistance is higher than what it should be--and since it is already out of a +/- 10% range, there is no point in trying to make the resistance even higher.

Aspire, I would like a response please.
  • Aspire is out of the office for Mid-Autumn Festival until the 8th.
  • I understand what Crimsus is saying... If they say 1.8ohms they should read 1.8ohms.

However:

I take my Nautilus install a 1.8ohm BDC (that actually reads 1.8ohms) and vape it at 4.3 volts on my Aspire CF VV 1600mah battery and I get good vaper production good flavor a dry hit once and a while if I chain vape it.

Now I change that coil out and put in a BVC that reads 2.1ohms. Using the same battery at 4.3 volts I get double the vapor production, better flavor and never get a dry hit when I chain vape. Doesn't that mean I get better performance with less power consumption?

Mine test out of the box with my multimeter 2.0ohms - 2.1ohms.... Installed with juice in the tank on my MVP they read 1.8ohms 1.9ohms.... With juice in the tank on my multimeter I get 2.0ohms - 2.1ohms.

The BVC's still outperforms the BDC's in my opinion.
  • Honestly most of the time my coils end up around 1.9(1.8) or 1.7(1.6)most of the time after 2-3 days they start to get higher till like 2.1 which is when I clean them up.

the weirdest one was one that I cleaned and dry burned. it works perfectly fine but....the resistance is now 1.4-1.5 instead of 1.8. no idea how that works
  • Dear Customer:
    Our coils use a contact structure where resistance will occur when the spring connector is in direct contact with the heating coil. It is possible that the resistance displayed on your battery can be different from the actual resistance depending on the model of the vaporizer. For example, the resistance could display 1.8ohm when you use the coil in a Nautilus Mini, but show 2.5ohm when used in the Nautilus. This is normal and is a result of the structure of the vaporizer itself, and will not impact the use for vaping.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire