I wonder about the Skystar Battery meter

The Skystar is my first Aspire mod that has a battery meter. I previously used a few iPV single battery mods and when the battery meter reached 50% I noticed the heat and flavor was less. So it was just habit for me to remove the battery at 50% charge and put in a new battery. Now with the Skystar once the charge got to 50% I would remove the batteries out of habit, but now I'm noticing that I can use the batteries past 50%, right now the meter is at 25% and I still get good heat and flavor. I guess what I'm wondering is if the battery meter represents actual battery charge, or is it a countdown to when the battery should be charged.
Comments
  • 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Chad_H said:

I guess what I'm wondering is if the battery meter represents actual battery charge, or is it a countdown to when the battery should be charged.

The second ...
    Our 18650 batteries can be charged up to 4.2 Volt but may only be used till the lower limit of 2.8 - 3.0 Volt.
    If the battery discharges lower than that, it would be seriously damaged.
    The Skystar has a security that cuts off the mod if the batteries reach 3.3 Volt as lower limit (so at already 78.6% of its full charge).
    The battery meter gives where your batteries are till the lower use limit, not till 0 Volt.

• That might explain why I thought the batteries didn't last long on my initial first days of using the Skystar because the meter seems to go down quicker compared to my iPV mod. Now I see that different manufacturers battery meter might act differently. Now I get almost a full day before swapping the batteries. I should have just waited until heat and flavor went down before changing the batteries.
  • edited January 7 Vote Up0Vote Down
    With a double 18650 like the Skystar, the mod will shut down before you notice any significant change, because at that moment you will still have 2*3.3=6.6V in total.
  • Today I let the meter go down a bit further and got about 1 days worth vaping, so I'm happy. Before I would have to have at least 3 batteries to get through the day with my single battery mod. Although I did buy four new batteries to use with my Skystar. The batteries I use with my single battery mod are about 4 months old and get (got) charged everyday. How long do batteries last if being charged every day?
© 2017 Powered by Aspire