Help! Breeze Aspire seems to need continuous charging

I have a Breeze Aspire and have been very happy with it. My unit is about 2 months old and I use 6mg fluid with it. All was well until a recent holiday during which I left it to charge overnight a few times. Since then the vape quality has declined dramatically unless it's plugged into a portable USB pack. Basically, I charge it until I can unplug it and plug it back in again followed by the light flashing 20 times. But then if I unplug it, I get about 5 decent draws before the quality declines until it feels like I am smoking nothing. This can be within minutes. So, questions:

1. What is the optimum/max 100% charge time for the Breeze Aspire and is it best to charge with mains power and not a portable power pack?
2. How long can I expect decent vaping on a full charge to manage my expectations?
3. Might I have ruined the unit/battery by overcharging it?
4. What else could be wrong and what could the potential solutions be?

As it is, the unit is now perpetually plugged into a battery pack so I can get a reliable smoke every time.
Comments
  • 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I also noticed that the colored charging light goes off even when not fully charged. I think it's charged as the light has gone off, unplug it, plug it back in again, and it's still orange. Is this normal?
  • I also noticed that the colored charging light goes off even when not fully charged. I think it's charged as the light has gone off, unplug it, plug it back in again, and it's still orange. Is this normal?

I don't think "normal" but seems to be how it is. Just charge it for a very long time. Don't rely on the lights at all. I've just had to recharge mine as I was getting no smoke and the light is blue/orange when plugged in, which should mean OK, but it definitely isn't.

• I have the same exact problems with both breezes I have, after leaving them over night couple of times I face the same problems!!
    Are we going to get answered anytime soon?
  • Who knows? I now have to have mine charging the whole time, and then get about an hour or less of vaping that gets less and less satisfying with each smoke until the vapor is a wisp of smoke. I'm sure this isn't good for the battery but what other choice do I have? No answers here and the charging light is totally unreliable.

This is my second Breeze after I lost the first one. Thankfully it was cheap. I love it when it works properly but at this rate the next machine I buy will not be Aspire.

Oh, you might want to try to change coils. This briefly made my problem better but then it returned. The two may be linked but without any answers here, how do we know Plus, some of the coils were defective right out of the box.

Not good.
  • My Breeze just died today out of nowhere. Battery seems fine, but it just won't fire now. I've changed the coil, and tried everything.

I was really looking forward to that new 1.2 coil, but if it won't last 2 months...oy.
  • @matthewbeech did that, no improvement!
  • My Breeze just died today out of nowhere. Battery seems fine, but it just won't fire now. I've changed the coil, and tried everything.

I was really looking forward to that new 1.2 coil, but if it won't last 2 months...oy.

My bad. A rubberband from the last coil...or a coil long ago who knows, was stuck at the bottom of the contact, causing it to not fire. Sorry I can't help, but it looks like this issue was all me.
  • I have bought my Aspire K4 here and it was really a very fair price I gave it.
    I have not had any problems with it.
  • edited October 21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mine just started doing this as well. The device will be fully charged, then i get maybe half a dozen puffs out of it, then all of a sudden the light will fade out, then blink pink 2 times. once that happens it just stops firing and you cannot vape it. I have changed the coils twice, and cleaned the thing out from top to bottom, and nothing works. I sent an email to Aspire as my device is only 1 month old, and i have yet to hear back. basically i got annoyed with their customer service, so i just ordered a xxxx and when that shows up on Saturday, this aspire breeze is going in the trash.
  • our service checked the inbox,we didn't receive email from your email address
    Please make sure you sent the email to the correct email address: service@aspirecig.com
  • I have the exact same problem, both my cousin and I and both our units are about 3 months old... what is this Aspire ur unit's batteries have a 3 month life ?!?! i know they are cheap but comeon...
© 2015 Powered by Aspire