Atlantis evo tank replacement coils have a 2 sec delay before vaping/firing and do not sit flush

had the evo tank a while now and used the supplied 2 coils in it with no problems,got myself some replacement coils of ebay 0.5 's and they dont seem to sit all the way down in the tank like the supplied ones and on firing there is a long delay before any vapor starts being produced.the ones issued with the evo tank kit fire up almost instantly but these take about 2 seconds of pressing the button...i have scratch checked the coils and come up genuine...do any of you good folk know how i can sort this out or have any suggestions of known issues?
kind regards
karl
Comments
  • 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • they could be fakes i suppose...they are supposed to be clapton coils so i decided to pull one apart and there is clapton wire but not on the total length of the wire around 5cm at each end is normal wire....the taste on these coils are also different :(
    kind regards
    karl
  • I have never had a coil take 2 seconds to fire! I would personally never buy coils off eBay because most coils are fakes. However you mentioned they did have the scratch off and it showed as genuine when checked against the Aspire website. (not saying that the code has been checked 784 times for example, which would be fake). I do not know what to tell you, maybe @Tina has an idea?
  • When you get bad taste from a new coil, it's usually leftover machine oil that was never cleaned from the coil after manufacturing. This will ruin the taste of the coil.
  • When you get bad taste from a new coil, it's usually leftover machine oil that was never cleaned from the coil after manufacturing. This will ruin the taste of the coil.

yes thats what i was thinking as to the taste.......i will buy some more coils from here http://www.ecigaspire.co.uk/ are these official suppliers for the uk? i would still like to know whats up with theses coils though...thanks for your reply charlzrocks
    kind regards
    karl
  • just to update...the replacement coils sit higher than the supplied coils,and when i removed the coils both times they leaked juice where the air holes are where the connection is on the tank.....i have now put in the original coil that came with it and it fires fine and sits right with no leakage...i have ordered some more coils from www.aspireecigs.co.uk/ and i believe they are authorized sellers of aspire products....will update this post when i receive the new coils :)
    kind regards
    karl
  • edited August 15 Vote Up0Vote Down
    pictures of the packaging to see if anybody can see if they look genuine or not/the only thing that throws me is the nicotine warning? there is no nicotine in the coils
    kind regards
    karl
    P_20170815_170038.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    P_20170815_170108.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    P_20170815_170120.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    P_20170815_170130.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    P_20170815_170155.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    P_20170815_170205.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • edited August 16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @19nbg71 the seller you said is not our authorized, here is the authorized distributors or sellers in UK
    aspirecig.com/business-partners/UK/
    We have checked the number on package, I am sorry to tell you that you bought fake aspire products,please ask the seller for refund
  • edited August 16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    hi Tina,when i click the link it brings me to a wholesale page and when i go to register it asks for business details vat number etc so i clicked on retail and thats the web page it brings me to
    i would assume its an official supplier see attached pic.
    kind regards
    karl

Capture.JPG
    1091 x 787 - 92K
  • @19nbg71 this is our authorized retailer in UK,you can buy our products from it.
  • well the coils arrived today.the packaging had some differences to the fake box.....checked the scratch code and it was genuine... took a coil out, and i can see the fakes are slightly taller 1mm or so and the layout of the coils inside was a big difference,pre soaked the coil and put it in my tank and it sits down where it should...fires as normal happy days :) now i'm only going to get supplies from genuine aspire suppliers its not worth it chancing it on ebay to save a few quid thanks for your help charlzrocks and tina
    kind regards
    karl
    ps i will probably upload a picture of the differences for other people to look at
  • Glad to hear the success mate!
© 2017 Powered by Aspire