Aspire Plato won't connect to Windows 10

My new Aspire Plato won't connect to windows 10. I followed the instructions, and I removed the battery before connecting it.

Windows will send a "connected usb" sound, then after 3 seconds it sends a "disconnected usb" sound. The Plato won't be recognized on the Aspire software at all.

Anyone got this problem as well?
Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @green_biri ,We listen to users' suggestion that it is not convenience to upgrade the firmware.So we put all the functions on v03-V05 on firmware V06.
    please check the original firmware version for your plato ,lf firmware version of your plato is V06,it contains all the functions on firmware V03-V05,so it is not upgradeable.
  • How can we check what firmware came on the device if we can't get the device to connect to the PC? I am having the same issue as green_biri.
  • @gibsonmethod you can see the operation in the user manual.
    Pressing the fire button while installing the battery
  • I am experiencing the exact same issue as "green_biri". The firmware on my Plato is v06 so an upgrade is not required. I am attempting to customize the boot-up logo. Unfortunately, the Aspire software loaded on my Microsoft Windows 10 PC will not recognize the Plato. Instructions are followed exactly to include using only the USB cable provided. I see that the original complaint in this thread was never resolved. Is there new information from Aspire since July?
  • @Pippin As I explained in my last post,if the original firmware of the Plato is V06,it is not firmware updateable included the Customized boot-up logo
  • Thanks for the clarification, @Tina. Just wanted to be certain I understood since the Aspire website has read "The Plato’s firmware can be updated via the micro usb port." since your post in July (more than 4 months ago). I just bought my Aspire Plato last week so I had expected to be able to update the firmware ... as advertised.
  • edited November 23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Pippin If the original firmware version of your plato is V06,As I explained in my last post
    We listen to users' suggestion that it is not convenience to upgrade the firmware.So we put all the functions from v03-V05 on firmware V06.
    please check the original firmware version for your plato ,lf firmware version of your plato is V06,it contains all the functions from firmware V03-V05,there is no new firmware for plato with V06 to do the updating.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire