Aspire cleito 120 tank coughing/gagging problem

Hi all, im new to the forums so i apologize if this is in the wrong section but i have searched around and have not been able to find anyone else having this issue that im having constantly. Ive had my cleito 120 tank for about 5 months now and i love it, i never had any issues with it up until about a month ago. The best way i can describe it is sometimes when i use my mod after i finish exhaling i can feel something (that feels) sharp stuck in my throat. The discomfort it causes makes me cough really hard and triggers my gag reflex since my body is trying to get whatever is in my throat out i assume. This feeling will usually last until my throat gets used to whatever is stuck in it or until the next day. Im sure most people are thinking its debris from the air landing inside the tank but this has happened in multiple different places and has also happened not an hour after cleaning and installing a new coil. I really like this tank and dont want to have to switch so im hoping someone else has encountered this and either has a fix or can clarify what it is/if its a faulty tank as its becoming somewhat of a health hazard. Thank you in advance
Comments
  • 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Cloudstrifemerc

You may be vaping at too high of a wattage setting and the coil could be spitting the hot juice into the back of your throat. This may cause the sensation of having something stuck in your throat. Try turning down the wattage and not pulling as hard on the tank when you vape. This may just help.
  • @charlzrocks i had thought about that and i tried turning it down to 70 because i usually run it at 90 but i turned it back up not long after. Do you think 70 would be low enough or should i try lower?
  • @charlzrocks i had thought about that and i tried turning it down to 70 because i usually run it at 90 but i turned it back up not long after. Do you think 70 would be low enough or should i try lower?

All vaping is personal preference. I suggest that you first replace your coil with a new one, thus eliminating the possibility of you already vaping on a burnt coil. Then lower your wattage to where YOU feel comfortable with your vape experience. If not satisfied, turn up the wattage to just below the point where you are having a problem and then back it down another 5 to 10 watts.
© 2015 Powered by Aspire