PockeX Leaking

I bought 2 of these on vacation. The first one leaked when I lied it down to charge it. I thought it must be defective so I ordered another. A few days later I charged the second one and that leaked too. The 3rd one also leaks. They are fine when standing but when I lie them down to charge they have to be almost empty or all the juice leaks out. I can't put them in my pocket because if they aren't completely vertical they leak. Anyone know what the problem might be?
Comments
  • 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @jwright199

Did you check the authentication scratch off on the package to make sure they aren't fake? See this thread on how to check: http://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/27688/check-your-aspire-scratch-off-code-for-authenticity#latest
    If they are genuine Aspire products, the only reasons for leakage is that you don't have the top screwed on tight or you haven't got the coil in tight. I have two of these myself and have never had a leak from either of them.
  • It's not because you have two that don't leak that others can't have problems. I have 7 Tornado-C e)cigs, they never ever leaked. The Pockex on the other hand leaks all over the place. Even when I keep it upright standing on my desk, it leaks. It's extremely annoying. And it seems i'm not alone, lots of other people complained about leaking. I'm using e-cigs for a few years now, so I know to handle e-cigs, but whatever I do, it leaks. Extremely disappointed.
  • It's not because you have two that don't leak that others can't have problems. I have 7 Tornado-C e)cigs, they never ever leaked. The Pockex on the other hand leaks all over the place. Even when I keep it upright standing on my desk, it leaks. It's extremely annoying. And it seems i'm not alone, lots of other people complained about leaking. I'm using e-cigs for a few years now, so I know to handle e-cigs, but whatever I do, it leaks. Extremely disappointed.

Understood...but again is it a genuine Aspire product? If so, you have a 3 month warranty. If you are that dissatisfied with the product I suggest you return it to the retailer where you bought it for a refund.

• Mine didn't leak until I screwed the entire top off trying to change batteries. Then all the juice ran out. Still couldn't get the battery out. I guess these are disposable and you throw it away when the battery fails.
  • Neuron said:

Mine didn't leak until I screwed the entire top off trying to change batteries. Then all the juice ran out. Still couldn't get the battery out. I guess these are disposable and you throw it away when the battery fails.

The battery on the PockeX is rechargable. There is a recharging port on the bottom to charge it with a usb cord that comes with the unit. It sounds like yours may be fake? Are you sure you are talking about the PockeX mod and not another brand?
  • I am having the exact same problem. Both me and my partner have one each. Using them to stop smoking and so far we've managed but after a few days our supposedly leak proof pens started leaking whether they were stood up or on charge. Mine how ever has started leaking that bad it gets on my lips when I have a puff and I know everything is fine with them as in not over filled etc. We took them back to where we bought them to be told both can't be leaking. He didn't believe us as they are 'leak proof' wanted to keep them for 24 hours to see if he could see the problem but I didn't want to be without an e cig so I didn't start smoking again. Waste of money and false on the no leak it would seem.
  • I am having the exact same problem. Both me and my partner have one each. Using them to stop smoking and so far we've managed but after a few days our supposedly leak proof pens started leaking whether they were stood up or on charge. Mine how ever has started leaking that bad it gets on my lips when I have a puff and I know everything is fine with them as in not over filled etc. We took them back to where we bought them to be told both can't be leaking. He didn't believe us as they are 'leak proof' wanted to keep them for 24 hours to see if he could see the problem but I didn't want to be without an e cig so I didn't start smoking again. Waste of money and false on the no leak it would seem.

Did you check the authentication scratch off on the box it came in? If it doesn't have one that is legit and it leaks, you have bought a fake. See this thread on authentication: http://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/27688/check-your-aspire-scratch-off-code-for-authenticity#latest
  • Yes they are real ones. We've checked.
  • Can you advise what to do as now it's been a month the shop won't take it back and as you can imagine I'm pretty f***ed off that we've paid almost £60 for both pens that leak
© 2015 Powered by Aspire