Cleito Leaking badly

Hi there. Got myself a K4 with Cleito. Worked fine but now it's leaking like a waterfall. I have read posts about leaking on this forum and have followed all the advices (keeping the airvent closed during filling up, priming the coil, etc.. There is no damage on the glass or the rubber joints. Every different solutions I have tried, and the bastard still leak like crazy. The last time I filled it (after replacing the coil with a new one, tied up all neat and good) and it was worst than ever, the entire tank emptied itself through the vents as soon as I opened them. Pouring like rain. Any advice?
Comments
  • 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Grabael said:

Hi there. Got myself a K4 with Cleito. Worked fine but now it's leaking like a waterfall. I have read posts about leaking on this forum and have followed all the advices (keeping the airvent closed during filling up, priming the coil, etc.. There is no damage on the glass or the rubber joints. Every different solutions I have tried, and the bastard still leak like crazy. The last time I filled it (after replacing the coil with a new one, tied up all neat and good) and it was worst than ever, the entire tank emptied itself through the vents as soon as I opened them. Pouring like rain. Any advice?

First, no need to post the same thing in multiple threads......I believe that this may be a bad o-ring seal on the tank you have. Did you make sure that the coil is seated tight enough and that it has the o-rings seals on it as pictured here?

Check to make sure that the coils have not cross-threaded...that will also cause a leak.
  • I checked everything. All the o-rings look in tip top shape, everything sits tight. About the coils,it happened with every single one I have used.
    Would changing to a 0,4 ohms coil instead of 0,2 help?
  • Grabael said:

I checked everything. All the o-rings look in tip top shape, everything sits tight. About the coils,it happened with every single one I have used.
    Would changing to a 0,4 ohms coil instead of 0,2 help?

It could very well be that is your solution. I only use the 4 ohm coils myself...give it a try!
© 2015 Powered by Aspire