Cleito original coils lasting 2 days (.4 ohm)

I have an eleaf istick pico 75w with cleito original tank and 0.4 ohm coil. I fill the tank and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes then give it a few draws without firing and the air closed, then I open the air about 2/3 of the way and I start at 30 w and slowly work up to 45 w, I use 70 to 75 vg juice, I let it rest for 10 to 15 seconds between draws, the draws are usually 2 to 4 seconds long, I keep the tank topped up so the fluid is always above the cotton, and I the coils are only lasting me about 2 days. I've had it about 3.5 days and my second coil is on its way out already. Can anyone add insight? Im vaping about 10 to 15 ml a day I guess. The first coil I used Vape shakes 3mg (70 vg) and the second its decoded mini doughnuts (75vg). Could it be the flavour of the juice is collecting on the coil and degrading the efficiency? Both of those flavours are fairly sweet.
Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I checked the code and its good.. 11203 06273 16264 89654
  • brew said:

I have an eleaf istick pico 75w with cleito original tank and 0.4 ohm coil. I fill the tank and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes then give it a few draws without firing and the air closed, then I open the air about 2/3 of the way and I start at 30 w and slowly work up to 45 w, I use 70 to 75 vg juice, I let it rest for 10 to 15 seconds between draws, the draws are usually 2 to 4 seconds long, I keep the tank topped up so the fluid is always above the cotton, and I the coils are only lasting me about 2 days. I've had it about 3.5 days and my second coil is on its way out already. Can anyone add insight? Im vaping about 10 to 15 ml a day I guess. The first coil I used Vape shakes 3mg (70 vg) and the second its decoded mini doughnuts (75vg). Could it be the flavour of the juice is collecting on the coil and degrading the efficiency? Both of those flavours are fairly sweet.

Glad you checked the scratch code! From what you are describing, it sounds like it could very well be the juice that is causing the problem. You haven't described what the ending factor of the coil is (burnt hits or decreased vapor or dry hits), but you are vaping a lot of juice on a daily basis and a sweeter juice will gunk up a coil much faster causing decreased vapor and flavor production. You might want to think about the Cleito RTA and make your own coils. See this link: http://www.aspirecig.com/products/cleito/331.html
  • Ive gone from smoking 18 + or - a few per day to 0 immediately... I'll cut back on vaping so much once I get a bit of time in without smoking I guess. The end state is a bad taste, decreased flavour and decreased vapour. I switched today to east coast vapes cinnamon something or other that is 70 vg and flavour is definitely not nearly as sweet or strong as vape shakes or decoded. Their juice also seems to provide a smoother vape not to mention a third of the cost. We'll see how I make out with this coil and the new juice and ill post an update in a day or two.
  • edited March 23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I guess I should also clarify the coil never completely burned out it just got to the point where It was getting nasty I stopped using them. I don't know how much the battery could affect the life span but I've had the box for about a year, used it briefly then tucked it away until a week ago. I'll get a new battery tomorrow.
  • brew said:

I guess I should also clarify the coil never completely burned out it just got to the point where It was getting nasty I stopped using them. I don't know how much the battery could affect the life span but I've had the box for about a year, used it briefly then tucked it away until a week ago. I'll get a new battery tomorrow.

Good to know, keep us informed on how things go after you get the new battery!
  • edited March 29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have ditched the decoded/vape shakes juices for something with less sweetener, 70/30 vg/pg, and 3mg that appears pretty much clear in the tank. I went from changing the coil every 48 hours to not changing it in a week and it still has life left in it. If you are having the same problem buy a simpler flavour that is more clear in appearance and 70/30 vg/pg and try that. It worked for me.
  • brew said:

I have ditched the decoded/vape shakes juices for something with less sweetener, 70/30 vg/pg, and 3mg that appears pretty much clear in the tank. I went from changing the coil every 48 hours to not changing it in a week and it still has life left in it. If you are having the same problem buy a simpler flavour that is more clear in appearance and 70/30 vg/pg and try that. It worked for me.

Excellent news @brew ! Thanks for the update and I am glad things are working out for you! :-bd
© 2017 Powered by Aspire