Aspire quad flex fault

Hi new to forum my question is has any body else had problems with the quad flex rdta. Got one for Xmas from my girlfriend and thought awesome bit of kit. I decided to use it as a Nautilus x and rda. I have done one build and was going to rebuild but havebig problem with screws being rounded after just one use. I am an experienced vaper been building on freakshow minis, limitless and herackles and this is the only time ive had problems. I know to only do it finger tight and to use correct tools but should the screws have stripped that quick. Just wondered if any one else had same problem and how would I remove the screws??? Any help would be appreciated
Comments
  • 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have been using both my Quad flex since they came out last year, but never had any problems with the screws.
    Could you perhaps post a picture to see how they look like ?
  • edited January 31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Try a properly sized, quality, hardened Allen key first. Make sure that it's fully seated before trying to turn out the grub screw.

If that didn't work, and 1/2mm or more of the grub screw is exposed, use a razor, slitting, or jeweler's saw to cut a slot in the head and then use a jeweler's screwdriver to remove the grub screw.

Now you get to the harder stuff...
    Try a left-hand 2mm or 3/32" drill bit slowly entering the grub screw. This may hit the bottom of the hex key way and exert enough force to extract the grub screw.

Miniature screw extractors are available, but you'll need the above drill bits as well.

Your last option is to drill out the grub screw, and re-thread the posts.

If you don't have the tools for the above three options, you'll probably find it cheaper to contact an Aspire Service Center and try to buy a new deck, or even an entire Quad-Flex.
    You can try grinding a taper on a larger Allen Key or Torx head and tapping it into the Grub Screws, but this is as likely to expand the diameter of the grub screw and ruin the posts.

I've done extractions down to 1mm screws, and it's not easy below 3mm. I use a mini-mill modified to allow the spindle to reverse for the small sizes. The small drill bits are easy to break, and it's difficult to find single size replacement bits. I've had to buy complete sets at times just for one drill bit.
  • @Cegoca two of the screws have rounded on one post took to local Vape shop and they said to contact aspire which I have done just waiting on reply. Would take pic by camera is rubbish.
  • Old salt cheers for tips I'll give them a try I'll keep you posted just frustrating never ad this problem with clieto RTA or freakshow etc email aspire just waiting on reply ☺
  • @stu86 You will probably be asked by Aspire to send them a picture anyway ... and that ain't rubbish ...
    And fyi, the Quad flex RDA deck is for sale as a spare part for ... 6$ ... and that ain't rubbish either.
  • Cegoca said:

@stu86 You will probably be asked by Aspire to send them a picture anyway ... and that ain't rubbish ...
    And fyi, the Quad flex RDA deck is for sale as a spare part for ... 6$ ... and that ain't rubbish either.

He meant that his CAMERA is rubbish......not the tank.
  • What tank ?
    He will have to take a picture of his problem anyway if he wants to complain about it.
© 2015 Powered by Aspire