Burning out Atomizers daily... please help

Hi. I'm new to vaping. Bought 2 mini pegasus in December for my husband and myself. We bought replacement coils, vape shop suggested nautilus BVC 1.8. On the box suggested watts were 8 to 10 which we ran at. Burned out all 5 in 3 days. Now we bought Triton Mini 1.8 and run at 13 to 16 watts like it says on atomizer and have 2 left. When I replace, I put a dab of juice on the openings of cotton, like vape store taught me and let sit for 10 minutes. We are using Vapor Junkie brand juice. Getting so frustrated, and hating that burnt taste. Need guidance. Thank you
Comments
  • 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What is your liquid's PG/VG ratio ?
  • it says maximum VG nicotine 3mg
  • @keelady

Using max VG I believe is your problem. It sounds like the cotton in the coil isn't becoming saturated enough between hits and you are getting dry hits (scorching the cotton). I highly suggest switching to a juice that is 70vg/30pg or a 50/50 blend to get a better juice flow through the cotton in the coils. That should solve your problem. :-B
  • Thank you for your advice. Just burned thru another one :(.. will switch juice tomorrow.
  • @keelady

Ok, let us know what happens!
  • Hi, I just bought the new pockex kit and now it seems to be burning too high. It even burnt my bottom lip. I just bought it yesterday. What do I do to prevent this or is something wrong with my device. I did change the coil too.
  • The Vape also has that burnt taste. I am using 6 MG butalso tried 3mg this morning and same thing
  • edited March 26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Take deeper puffs, it is the air that cools everything down.
    What liquid (pg/vg ratio) do you use ?
  • I bought 6mg but I had a 3mg that I had and same thing. I did as you suggested and took 4 deep inhales, because you made sense but same thing and I think I burnt my lungs.
  • No way you can burn your lungs, you know ... but how about your pv/vg ratio ? (not your nicotine level).
    Perhaps you should go back to the shop where you bought your kit and ask for a decent explanation on how to vape on your device.
    From here, it is difficult to get an idea what exactly you are doing wrong.
  • Cegoca said:

No way you can burn your lungs, you know ... but how about your pv/vg ratio ? (not your nicotine level).
    Perhaps you should go back to the shop where you bought your kit and ask for a decent explanation on how to vape on your device.
    From here, it is difficult to get an idea what exactly you are doing wrong.

I agree with @Cegoca , most B&M stores will sell you what catches your eye without any regard to your vaping style or if you are new to vaping. They have a habit (not all of them, but most) of trying to up-sell a newbie to a DTL device when they are not initially comfortable with the device. The salesperson just blows huge clouds to impress them and sell the unit. Newbie Vapers need to do much more research into vaping and the styles of vaping, hardware and the like to make any type of informed decision and have their departure from cigarettes be a success.
  • I agree, I think it might be the e juice. It is 75%vg so that is probaly it. The store I deal with are great. I always refer them to the " Cheers sitcom ) Their name is North Island Vapors. They even helped me out when I was having financial issues and my atomizer's battery died. So I'm pretty sure they can do something about the e juice because I bought 4 bottles.
    Thank you for all your advice and information.
  • One last thing honey, I do realize that you can't burn your lungs. It was just light sence of humour.
    Again, I really appreciate your assistance because I was really worried that it was something wrong with my Protex. It is a great little atomizer and I love it. Great idea.
  • shellusa said:

One last thing honey, I do realize that you can't burn your lungs. It was just light sence of humour.
    Again, I really appreciate your assistance because I was really worried that it was something wrong with my Protex. It is a great little atomizer and I love it. Great idea.

that's PockeX , but we understand. Glad we could be of help! :-bd
© 2017 Powered by Aspire