Aspire Plato Ohms jumping

I have an aspire plato, but the ohms keep jumping around. Used it with the 0.4 ohm coils and the hms go from 0.4 to 0.41 to 0.39. When i tried the 1.8ohm coild the ohms jumped from 1.88, 1.87, 1.89, 1.96, 1.79. What could be the issue and what would be causing this. I really like the device and want to continue using it as my EDV, but im skeptical to do so if the ohms keep jumping around.
Comments
  • 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You are seeing a 'live ohms' display while firing. As the coil heats up, its resistance rises. Your display reflects this. On my DNA 200, the resistance rises from 1.85Ω to 1.92Ω for the mini Clapton coil. On my Pegasus it rises from 1.74Ω to 1.81Ω. This is normal. Note that I fired the coil in a Triton mini at 10 Watts.

If the resistance varies when the coil is at room temperature it may not be fully seated in the tank, Drain the juice, remove the coil and clean the connections. Then re-install the coil ensuring it is firmly seated. Check to ensure the resistance is not wandering, refill the tank, and vape on.
    Cegoca
  • Certainly couln't say it better =D>
    The more, the 0.4 Ohm coil going from 0.39 to 0.41, I would not call that "jumping around", perhaps just a small deviation like nicely explained above, nothing to worry about.
© 2015 Powered by Aspire