Cleito RTA concerns

just ordered this tank. It's almost like someone went into my head and pulled out what I've always wanted a tank to be and made it. Now the issue.

The RTA....

Why, oh why...for the life of me I can't understand it. WHY does EVERYONE make vertical coils these days then release RTAs with that airflow restricting horizontal decks? I can think of at least 5 different ways to make the perfect vertical RTA and what aspire has done with the cleito is one of them.

If anyone is seeing this, please. Allow us build vertical coils. And with the RTA kit, throw in some color coded O rings for those of us that will be make TC coils.
vertical coil RTA
  1. Do you want a vertical coil RTA for the Cleito?22 votes
    1. Yes
      90.91%
    2. No
        9.09%
Comments
  • 77 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Obviously you guys are the experts! but please!!!! we need a vertical rta deck!!!!

@Tina, this is what i am thinking could work as a vertical rta deck... requires a custom coiling jig that is placed inside the very base, wire is trapped and coiled. As i am still waiting on my own Cleito i had to work from pictures, but hope this makes sense dimensionally....

three part construction - the top coil lead is trapped between the two top parts, affording us one less screw to be used. the coiling jig is needed to wrap the inner cotton around the coil, while a second cotton section is trapped in between the outer and inner parts of the rta. both inner and outer sleeves are counter rotated for tightening, as to not come apart during refill...

no clue as to how to attach the lead to the base, other than a small screw, or a metal catch of some sort, lol.
    charlzrocks
    idea_1.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 413K
    idea_1b.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 477K
    idea_1.jpg 413.5K
    idea_1b.jpg 476.7K
  • @HPBotha

WOW!!!! Sensational work!!! you've practically done the whole thing for them.

It's like you plucked the idea outta my mind down to exactly how I would have done it myself.

In addition to something like that, I would take it a step further and make a ceramic vertical coil too. Basically like something from the dolphin tank down to how they go about changing coils. Ceramic does has quite a few benefits as it would eliminate us even needing to rewire any coils.

Ah well for now ur design will be more than sufficient

HPBothapaulk1
  • Thursday is the soonest we'll hear from Aspire. They're off for "Tomb Sweeping Day;" a time to remember those who preceded us on this walk of life.
    stegleDarth-Vaper
  • @HPBotha I will pass your suggestion to our R&D department.
    Hope they can take your suggestion into consideration.
    HPBotha
  • Any word on the rebuildable deck release yet? Aspire said end of month, that only 3 days away!

I do have a suggestion for a very much needed Cleito accessory/upgrade: (Aspire are you listening?)

This tank is a huge juice eater, therefore we could all benefit from a larger capacity tank upgrade kit like that of the Atlantis v.1.
    naterade304
  • @DarrylLicht We will update the information when we come back from Chinese new year holiday.
    Please wait in patience.
    ;;)
    HPBotha
  • Well that's only 2+ weeks away. At least we have an idea when the news is coming. Hopefully it's not gonna be an announcement for and announcement.

"We just wanted to let you guys know that the RTA kit will be revealed in March" :|

Furthermore I hope they are in someway giving us something that ISN'T a horizontal RTA.

Now the wait..... loving my cleito BTW, best tank I have ever used.
    HPBotha
  • edited February 2016 Vote Up1Vote Down
    How cool is that you can pitch ideas here and tina takes it to them!? I only bought kanger products after i quit a pack a day then i got a freemax and herakles plus. But this Aspire Cleito is an amazing product. I had just put an order in for a uwell crown and on a whim bought this tank because of the price and concept. I have no interest in any other tank now.

I really hope its a vertical coil. That said i do not like ceramic coils.
    HPBotha
  • I haven't killed any of my coils yet, but I dare say it should be possible to make our own coil that fits into this tank.

I would love to see someone try out making a nickel or SS coil for this tank. They did it with the Atlantis coils, and this should be easier being that we have a larger surface area to work with.
    grapehead
  • I never used those coils. but I watched a couple of vertical coil builds for for the atty being that aspire like most companies at the time made stock vertical coils but provided horizontal coil RTA decks.

The design of those coils and this one is very similar, albeit that this one is much much longer since the chimney is integrated into the atty so from simply eyeing it it should be possible to build coils ourselves for the cleito atty if we really have to.

And if we can do that, then nothing really stops us from using any kinda wire we want. Be it SS, nickel or titanium as our own DIY temp control option.

Personally, if they are going to make the RTA deck a vertical build, I would suggest they forget about releasing temp control coils for the cleito entirely since anyone building their own coils can use whatever kinda wire they want.
    AlaskaVaper
  • @lkassimatis I am sorry that I don't have the exact release date for the RTA system.
    But I promise that if any new information abou the RTA system,I will let you know here.
    angel1579
  • Tina, Is there any news of an RTA yet?
    angel1579
  • +1 @DarthVaper . Agree with everything. I was waiting for the RTA, but after reviews and the negatives mentioned, I've now decided to pass on this one. The Atlantis was a success, with many clones created. Heck, the coil structure is so good, I think we're up to about 20 other tanks that can use the coils, and us, their coils which now includes Ceramics.

The Cleito has been out long enough that if were truly revolutionary there would be at least 1 clone, but the world has yawned.
    Darth-Vaper
  • @angel1579 this time,the RTA will come very soon. ;;)
    angel1579
  • RTA is up on the aspire website now under cleito tank info!
    Old_Salt
  • New to vaping about 2 months now, luckily enough the Cleito RTA was out when I started and as I wanted to dive in at the deep end. I got the RTA with the 5ml extension tank, made a spaced dual Clapton build with 26 inner and 30 outer using 4 wraps, which came in at 0.32 ohms, wicked it and its awesome.
    There is no issues regarding the airflow, due to the massive AFC on the Cleito tank itself. And no leaks.
    Stuffed it full of Glory Glaze from cheapthrillsjuice.co at 70/30 and it's like your smoking a doughnut.
    Incredible taste, loads of clouds, highly recommended RTA/RBA.
    Cegoca
  • @Intrinsic thank you for your kind suggestion.
    Hello friends,
    please give us your idea, if you also have the same suggestion with @Intrinsic ? :-?
  • Intrinsic said:

just ordered this tank. It's almost like someone went into my head and pulled out what I've always wanted a tank to be and made it. Now the issue.

The RTA....

Why, oh why...for the life of me I can't understand it. WHY does EVERYONE make vertical coils these days then release RTAs with that airflow restricting horizontal decks? I can think of at least 5 different ways to make the perfect vertical RTA and what aspire has done with the cleito is one of them.

If anyone is seeing this, please. Allow us build vertical coils. And with the RTA kit, throw in some color coded O rings for those of us that will be make TC coils.

I concur!
  • come on people!!! VOTE!!!!

Let's bring an end to those horizontal coils RTAs. Especially on a tank that's inherently designed to take advantage of vertical coils!!!!

If you ask me. The coil and chimney is by far the most important part of getting good vapor, flavor and defines the value and longevity of tanks. Just can't understand why no one is taking it as seriously as they should.

I thought maybe the problem is that they want to make money from selling replacement coils, but that's not even it. I believe less than 10% of the vaping community will ever want to actually build their own coils. For those of us that do, and if they are going to give us that option.... then it should be done right.

It says a lot when you can just go to YouTube and see a lot of people rebuilding the stock Atlantis vertical coils.
  • I don't have a Cleito yet, but this reminds me of the Triton RTA and all the problems I had building on it. It finally worked pretty well with a vertical coil, even though it has been discontinued. It seems like the Cleito RTA would necessarily have a lot more room because of the size of the stock coils, so it makes perfect sense that it would be designed for a vertical coil.

I will wait for the Cleito RTA before investing in the tank. It looks very promising, but my need for a new tank is pretty low right now since it will be number 11 for me... ;)
  • watkijw said:

I don't have a Cleito yet, but this reminds me of the Triton RTA and all the problems I had building on it. It finally worked pretty well with a vertical coil, even though it has been discontinued. It seems like the Cleito RTA would necessarily have a lot more room because of the size of the stock coils, so it makes perfect sense that it would be designed for a vertical coil.

I will wait for the Cleito RTA before investing in the tank. It looks very promising, but my need for a new tank is pretty low right now since it will be number 11 for me... ;)

What 11?????????? Jesus!!!! You're a tank junkie :)

This will be number 3 for me, or is it 4. I tend to buy no more than a tank a year. and around this time every year. And this is my first aspire tank.

• Haha, I have 6 Aspire tanks, not including the old ET-S... This is after I gave away a Nautilus to help someone quit smoking. Still 3 Nautilus tanks, two Triton v1 and one Triton v2. :D
  • @watkijw ; you just can't not buy the cleito. I mean it's the biggest thing since the cartomizer....

I firmly believe it's one of those tanks that will rewrite the rule book all over again. By the end of this year I expect to see everyone else making a tank like this one. I was on the market to get a kanger sub tank, then that switched to the Amor plus.... and then just outta nowhere I saw this tank and that was it.

Which is kinda why I'm hoping aspire goes about this right. they're already on the right path. Just hope they see it through. Cause if they don't, you can bet your last dollar someone(s) else will come right in and do it.
  • @Intrinsic like I said, I just want to wait for the RTA to see if I want to buy. I am mostly a MTL vaper, so I'm pretty happy with my tanks for now... ;)
  • edited January 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Tina Any news about the RTA release date ?
  • Cegoca said:

@Tina Any news about the RTA release date ?

So far nothing yet. From what I've heard though, aspire seem to be the sort that will sooner release a whole new product rather than release accessory for an existing product that could prolong the products viability.

But hey, they have outright said an RTA is coming so that's good at least. I just really hope they truly innovate on it and make it a vertical coil RTA. to throw in a horizontal coil just goes against everything this coil tech is supposed to represent.
  • Dear friends,
    Our R&D department is developing the RTA.
    I am sorry that I don't get the exact information about when the RTA section will come out.
    if any information,I will let you know at the first time.
    Please wait in patience.
  • @Tina Could you just give us a clue if it will be for a vertical or horizontal coil ?
  • @Cegoca I am sorry that I can not give you any clue .
    before the RTA comes out,it be kept absolutely secret.
    If any information,I will absolutely let you know.
    Please wait in patience.
  • @Tina Well ... I tried ... :D
    I will wait patiently ... vaping on my Cleito :)
© 2015 Powered by Aspire