Triton leaking problem suggestion

These days,some users complained the leaking problems from the base hardware airflow hole or from the drip tip airflow hole or inhale e-juice into mouth.Some users even doubt about aspire's QC ability.
We feel sincerely sorry to hear these voice.We did thousands of test to guarantee our products' quality,every of our products was 100% of all inspection before shipping.When the first complaint about the leaking issue appeared, I and my colleagues (in total 20 people)attended in our QC department to do test for our triton tank.We did as the user manual and below tips,two weeks passed away,we don't meet with leaking problems until now.In future,we will invite more workers to attend in the test to guarantee the reliability of our test.Below tips are from our engineer department,hope they can help with your troubles.

Why we made the drip tip airflow cooling system? We considered that when users use the 0.3ohm coil from either the Atlantis or the Triton series of coils that the vapor is may be very hot. The Triton’s drip tip airflow control system is the solution. Simply open the airflow control at the drip to your desired setting. This will allow fresh (cool) air to mix with the warm vapor and therefor cooling it before it reaches your mouth. Keep in mind that opening the airflow on the drip tip that it can impact the intensity of the flavor. Thus users should only use this feature if they find their vapor or the drip tip is too hot.
What’s more, users may find some vapor condensation,(looks like e-juice) may occur on the Top Fill area or the airflow hole on the drip tip of the unit, it is not leakage, it is vapor condensation.so after one or two tanks full users need to clean the drip tip, the drip tip airflow hole and top fill area with q-tip or a clean paper towel. After refilling please make sure that there is no e-juice in the top fill area, after refilling please use a clean paper towel to clean out the e-juice in the top fill area.

If you don’t plan to use the tank for some time, several hours or so we advise leaving it upright with the arrow set to the fill position. (indicated by the droplet) By setting the tank to this position we have closed off the juice inlets to the coil. This means that no further juice will enter the coil while the tank is not in use.

We also recommend regular cleaning of your Triton’s base hardware every couple of tanks worth of use. This is easily done with a q-tip. User should also check their coil when performing this maintenance regimen. A quick visual check to make sure that the coil is fully tightened is always a good idea. What’s more, a pressure check to make sure that the base hardware is screwed to the tank fully tightened.Doing these simple things will go a long way toward enjoying your Triton.

If you followed up the user manual and above tips,you still get leaking problem,please feel free to contact our service(service@aspirecig.com), they will talk your problems with our chief engineer.
If you want to search for our service,please help us to provide below information:
The detailed description for your problem
what resistance of coil did you use have the leaking problem?
Where it is leaking?
What kind of battery did you use?What wattage did you use?
What is the vg/pg of your e-juice?
Did it leaking while you using the tank or did it leaking when you let it stand up unused?
A picture for the security code of your product?
What's more,please help us do some checks:Please take clear pictures of the base, middle, and top hardware together and apart. On the pictures of each piece please also make sure to include a clear image of the o-ring seals inside the base hardware and the seals on the drip tip airflow control system. what’s more, Please be sure to check the o-ring seal inside of the drip tip airflow control system as well. Finally try to give your glass a twist inside of the encasement. To make sure that if the glass tub moves easily.Please don’t twist the glass tube too hard, otherwise, you will break the glass tube.

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you felt.
Thank you so much for the supporting you have always given aspire.
Best Wish
midnightwolf
Comments
  • 54 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @charlzrocks I have not had a leak issue yet either. I have used Atlantis v1, Atlantis v2 0.5 Ohm, Atlantis v2 0.3 Ohm, Triton 0.4 Ohm, Triton 1.8 Ohm, RTA Kit, and 2 different coils from another tank that I shall not mention since Aspire does not make it. No leaking from any of them on both of my Tritons. This is how I am almost certain that it is either user error or the O-Ring issue that I stated above.
    charlzrocksCegoca
  • edited August 2015 Vote Up2Vote Down
    OK - another update time....

I've used my Triton with the Atlantis coil for a couple of weeks and its been performing well. I used it on the Pegasus last night and I got more gurgling and leaking and I decided to swap out the coil after a clean. More updates to follow on this but I'm wondering whether it could be due to too much voltage being pushed through from the Pegasus - I have a separate thread about the Pegasus voltage issue: http://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/27062/first-impression-of-the-pegasus#latest

This morning, I filled my second Triton having only taken it out of the box and given it a clean last night. I primed the coil with a little juice, using the 0.4 ohm coil that came with it, I then filled up with 20/80 (PG/VG) liquid. I ensured that everything was screwed in tightly and secure before filling.
    I swapped the mode from fill to vape and was planning to leave it for a couple of minutes to wick properly. I then left the room to grab a coffee, only to return and find half the tank of juice had emptied through the lower section.

I cleaned everything up, got all the juice out that I could and left it to stand a little longer and it seemed to settle down (I do have pictures of some of these points - but I didn't get everything because I was struggling to not get more juice everywhere, I'll try to sort through those properly and do a follow-up post).
    It did seem to settle down and stop spewing out juice from the lower air control and I tried to vape it. It didn't leak further and after a few hits while gradually ramping up the wattage I was confident enough to fill it back up to close to full and continued vaping. It has currently stood for about 10-15 minutes on a mod with a couple of hits being taken every couple of minutes and it hasn't leaked again yet.

I don't know what's going on - but I've used a Triton for long enough to be reasonably confident I'm not doing anything stupid here. I ordered a second triton to go with the Pegasus as I like to have a couple of each tank I own and in the hope that any sent out after the first batch may have had some of the O Rings sorted out. I have posted in another thread about the O rings - I have one in the upper section on my second tank that was missing in my first Triton. That thread is http://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/26984/triton-rubber-o-rings/p2

I'm just hoping that this new tank/coil combo has gone through the initial leakage I've seen several times now and I will have some trouble free vaping from it - at least until I need to clean it and change the coil.
    This tank really is fantastic when its not leaking so I want to persevere with it and solve whatever the problem is...

@charlzrocks how did the 0.5 ohm Atlantis coil work out for you? Have you noticed anything similar?
    charlzrockswelldonedanny
  • Another tip for Triton leaking problem from a user:the inner structure of the triton tank same as the injector,after refilling,we insert the whole drip tip airflow system part into the filling part,which will cause pressure into the tank,then push the e-juice inside the tank out.Just like the injector,if we press it from the top,the liquid medicine will come out from the syringe needle.
    so try to fill it using the following instructions:
    1.Close the bottom airflow completely
    2.Pull out the drip tip base
    3.Switch to the refill position
    4.refill
    5.Switch to the vaping position
    6.put the tank upside down(top part Toward the ground)
    7.put back the drip tip base
    8.Open the bottom airflow
    9.vape

Share his tips for filling the tank with you here,hope can help you.
    charlzrockswelldonedanny
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    I'd like to add to Tina's comments regarding the liquid found by some users in the fill tube. This is e-juice that has cooled and condensed in the drip tip. It contains the same flavoring that you inhale. This is why it is the same color as the e-juice in your tank, and not clear like condensed water.

I'm trying to force the gurgling, spitting, and leaking issues and find their causes during my review. Here is the preliminary section (subject to change as the review progresses):

Both the 1.8Ω and 0.4Ω coils were tested with 80/20 and 15/85 PG/VG ratio liquids. The 80/20 liquid was my own 4mg nicotine ADV mix that I use in the Nautilus Mini. The 15/85 liquid was no nicotine ‘Parlour,’ produced and sold by Smoke-Less, the local Canadian Aspire retailer in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Triton was overfilled, and left in the ‘Vape’ position when not in use in an attempt to cause the leakage reported on-line. The Triton was removed from the MOD and stored in a container whenever it was not being used in case leakage occurred.

Time    Coil  PG/VG  Leakage  Other
    Day 1   1.8Ω  80/20  none     Minor gurgling (some spitting power > 13w)
    Day 2   1.8Ω  80/20
    Day 3   1.8Ω  15/85
    Day 4   0.4Ω  80/20
    Day 5   0.4Ω  80/20
    Day 6   0.4Ω  15/85
    Day 7   0.4Ω  15/85
    Table 1: Issues encountered during testing for review.

drysprocket
  • But this doesn't solve the handful of people that purchased the Aspire Triton. "We feel sincerely sorry to hear these voice.We did thousands of test to guarantee our products' quality,every of our products was 100% of all inspection before shipping.When the first complaint about the leaking issue appeared, I and my colleagues (in total 20 people)attended in our QC department to do test for our triton tank.We did as the user manual and below tips,two weeks passed away,we don't meet with leaking problems until now.In future,we will invite more workers to attend in the test to guarantee the reliability of our test."

So basically, there is an issue with the tank. What I can state is that this will be my first and last product from Aspire. I have lost all trust in the product. Product/QC testing should first all of be more than 20 people. 2nd, it should be done over different scenarios and see what the results are. People are now reporting issues of popping and possibly explosions. Its one thing to get leaking issues, another to get spit back, and now explosions.

As I've stated in other posts that were closed by Tina, Aspire will not do anything. They are going to apologize for the issue and basically tell you to contact them for further "teching". As I've stated in the past, you can not tech a tank. There is no teching involved.

And might I add... Posting the same "suggestion/tips" over and over and over again is not going to help anyone. I've seen the same "suggestion/tips" that you provided Tina on multiple posts. Copying and pasting is not a solution.
    drysprocket
  • Two weeks is a very long time in the vaping market. If you don't believe this, simply check out the new release pages from many of the on-line retailers. While you're there, check out the new and upcoming releases with some of same features that made the Triton an exciting new product. I'm starting to wonder if some of the posts in public forums are an anti-Triton campaign by Aspire's competitors to gain a greater market share for their products.

Southy321
  • @MarkusKong As with any liquid base, the warmer it the environment is around it, the less viscous or thick the liquid would be. If you leave your vape in a hot car and go back to it later, you might experience a puddle of e-liquid where it was at. I have made that mistake before. Just going from outside to inside a building would not effect it as much as the time for the e-liquid to reach the temperature of the surrounding environment is not sufficient enough. The same can be said about leaving your vape in the car in the Winter. The liquid would be thicker in consistency and might flood your coils when you go to fire it as the liquid becomes thinner. I am not saying that temperature has been a factor with the leaking experienced with these tanks, but it is something that could be taken into consideration.
    Southy321
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up1Vote Down
    @JSHoward11@gmail.com You forgot a fourth way of purchasing : buying from Aspire China's webstore !
    Guaranteed to be authentic of course ! ;)
    Southy321
  • Keitha said:

If I was aspire and cared about my customers and the future of aspire I would want to get my hands on as many of these problem
    units as possible and find out what went wrong its not rocket science

Have you submitted a all of the information they requested?

Along with a picture of the security label?

If you don't submit the required Information, how are they going to help?
    Old_Salt
  • It's due out tomorrow with my review. I only had a leak once, and was unable to duplicate it, even with the same coil. I'm thinking that I got some liquid in the chimney when I filled it prior to driving.
    charlzrocks
  • I've really enjoyed mine when its not been leaking - I had only had problems with the 1.8ohm coil up until last night when I filled up with a new juice (50/50) - that leaked quite a bit through the air intake in the lower section at first then settled down. This morning I didn't have any leaking until I sat in the car to drive to work then I had a lot more leaking as the tank was in my pocket and not vertical.

I've been through a tank of juice today and had lots of leaking for the first time in almost four weeks.

After work I went to a local vape shop to top up on some higher VG juice - another 50ml bottle of the juice I used for over 3 weeks on the 0.4 ohm coil and another flavour from the same range. While I was being served the guy next to me was buying a Triton and the RTA kit so I asked the person serving me if they had any reports of leaking Tritons from other customers.

They have had leaking issues with their own tanks - the shop assistant showed me his own Triton and that was leaking from the lower air flow while we looked at it. They said they haven't had any returns, but they have experienced the problem themselves - the owners and workers in the shop use and sell a lot of Aspire gear. I have no way of verifying whether their codes were authentic - but they looked the part and to the best of my knowledge are reliable resellers of Aspire equipment.

I talked about the missing O Ring on the upper section of the tank (I've put pictures up about that in another thread) and we compared a couple of Tritons in the store at the time. Mine was the only one with a missing O Ring in the upper section, but it wasn't the only one that was leaking which unfortunately makes me think its not just the missing O Ring on my upper section (although to be fair I can't see how the upper section would cause leaking from the tank through the lower section - but I'm prepared to follow the steps that Aspire support give me to try).

Now the one thing I did consciously did differently after cleaning my triton last night before trying this new juice was to really tighten everything to make sure there were good tight seals - I'm wondering if I could have over-tightened something and caused an issue with any seals. The other variable is the fact I used 50/50 juice instead of the previous 20/80 juice (PG/VG). I have used one other 50/50 juice with the 0.4 ohm coil without any leaking but it was a flavour I didn't like (the gamble of buying juice over the net) and I only left it in there for less than 24 hours.

I still have a brand new Atlantis coil that I will use once I swap back to the 20/80 juice and I'm hoping I get back to leak free vaping - when the Triton doesn't leak I'm really pleased with the experience and I'm hoping this is just a brief recurrence of leaking following on from almost 4 weeks of fantastic vaping when I found a combination that worked.

If anyone has any advice regarding how tight to screw everything together then I'd love to hear what's worked for you :)

drysprocket
  • Just another update after a couple of days of use. Having refilled the tank multiple times this weekend I've been vaping without any problems, however I haven't really had the Triton out of a vertical position except when actually vaping it.

I don't know if the initial leaking has got some juice into a gap somewhere and as that's dried its sealed it off - I'm just guessing. But things have settled down for the time being.
    charlzrocks
  • While re-filling I've just had another idea...

I'm wondering if the leaking could be partially linked to the filling of the tank? I'm wondering if too much juice is dropping down into the bottom area if the filling holes are missed. My problems occurred when using a dripper than wouldn't fit into the filling holes meaning that some juice was inside the top area and had to be cleaned up.

Has anyone else noticed something similar when filling? Does juice seep down into areas it shouldn't reach if the top area were to be flooded?

My problem has dramatically reduced when filling with a syringe and needle preventing that flooding of the fill section. I also never had the problem when I had a squeeze bottle with a tip that would fit inside the fill hole.
    I don't think that's entirely the issue as that wouldn't cause the draining of the tank that I've seen (and others have reported) - but it could possibly be another thing to watch out for...

It would be great to hear of anyone else's experiences with this too :)
    charlzrocks
    filling area.PNG
    822 x 859 - 955K
  • Updating just over 24 hours after starting to use this 0.5 ohm Atlantis coil and I've had great vaping all day. Barely touched my other tank, this has been great :)

I'm also pretty certain that if you missed the filling hole on the Triton, then any excess juice will drip down the gap around the chimney and flood the tank - see the picture I posted earlier in this discussion to see the gap I'm referring to.
    Joel360 said:

The .3ohm Atlantis coils work great also.No spitting etc. I think the Atlantis coils work alot better in the Triton. I think aspire has to look into the Triton coils themselves?

It looks like that may well be the case at the minute @Joel360

Southy321
  • I'm not new to vaping however I am new to using this type of tank. That being said it's highly likely the issues I have are just due to noob-user error. I've noticed that before switching the Triton to drip fill mode I have to close the bottom vent completely otherwise it WILL leak. This is not condensation or built up vapor as several large drops of the juice will run down my mod. The other issues I have include little vapor production and serious throat hit on a 0MG of nicotine eLiquid. I've tried multiple vent settings and wattage settings up to 26watts but vapor production is inconsistent and if I open the top vent to reduce burning my lips I get weak vapor production.
    charlzrocks
  • With which coil ? The 0.4 or the 1.8 Ohm ?
    charlzrocks
  • I've been using the Triton for about a month now. I experienced leaking at the base of the coil using the 0.4 Ohm that came with the tank. I tried the suggestion of closing lower air intake and fill only to about 5mm from top, then position filler top to vape setting quickly. I observed this worked most of the time but not 100%. About 2 weeks ago, I changed to an Atlantis 0.5 coil and haven't had any issues. I still close off base and switch filler top quickly to be safe. Waiting for more triton 0.4 coils to evaluate further.
    charlzrocks
  • I have had no leaks at all with the Triton .4ohm coil, just some slight spitting. I decided to change the coil today after 3 weeks and installed a .5ohm Atlantis coil and it no longer spits at all. Still no leaks with this tank and the top fill is still the bomb! :)>-
    welldonedanny
  • @viruk so far I have had no leaks from the .5 ohm Atlantis coil at all. I never had any leaks from the Triton .4 ohm coil either, just some spitting after a few weeks of use.
    Viruk
  • @charlzrocks Thanks for the update :)
    charlzrocks
  • Just another quick update here - I've had three days of good vaping from this 0.4 ohm coil. No problems since the initial mass leakage - I can't understand what went wrong or why I lost half a tank straight through the lower AFC - but since that event its been great again :)
    charlzrocks
  • Cool!! @viruk Glad to hear the good news! Here is some more....you are a winner of "Aspire Forum Anniversary Celebration--Giveaway" See that thread for more info! :-bd
    Viruk
  • @akpe thanks for the news on solving your leaking problems. Some of the Triton owners should try these methods! :-bd
    Old_Salt
  • I would like to add that going from a cold to hot environment and rapid atmospheric condition changes can cause ANY tank to leak. It is quite common in the summer to get tank leakage due to this factor. I own 2 Tritons. One of them has the RTA Kit installed. The other one has a coil from another company(for testing purposes). On the Aspire coils(all Atlantis types ever made and Triton coils), the RTA Kit, and the coils from another company, I have yet to have any leaking. I leave the tank set to vape and leave it on its side. I am sorry to hear that people are having the leaking issues.

I will admit that I have found e-liquid in the bottom hardware assembly of the Triton. This was normal use condensation that EVERY TANK gets. Unless you are found with a puddle on the table or in your pocket like I have in the past from Kangertech, then it is not true leaking.
  • @midnightwolf Personally, I've never heard of a tank leaking because of temperature changes. Not dis-accrediting your statement but I've personally never experienced it. What I can state is that leaking can happen when there are pressure changes. For example, if you drive from California to Las Vegas, due to the pressure changes when passing through all those hills and reach Vegas; your tank will leak. Its happened to me as well as a bunch of other people that I know. But as far as temperature, I've never seen a tank leak because of that. I have a Delta 2, eGo One, and a Subtank Mini tank and none of them leak due to temperature changes. I've gone from 90-100 degree weather to 70 degree AC filled room and have never experienced leakage like the Triton. Plus, mine leaked randomly. It wasn't in hot to cold temperature changes. It was sitting straight up on the "vape" setting and I picked it up to take a look at it and found liquid all over my hands and a flow of juice coming out from the bottom afc.
  • @Old_Salt Well obviously two weeks is not long enough since people are getting so many issues. Some posts can be, who knows? But what I can tell you is I'm not from another competitor. I am a consumer that spent $45 on the Triton tank and coils and have nothing but issues. Cheers.
  • I don;t have any leakage issues with my tank. Just major spitting. .4ohm coil, 35watts on a Presa 40W, filled with a 50/50 juice. I've added a stainless steel mesh to the top of the coil and it seems to help some. It's weird, because it didn't do this as much when I first got the unit 2 days ago.

I was really excited to get this tank. Now, not so much. This was my first big tank, and upgrading from my Aspire K1 with a CF G-power battery (which works great, by the way). I understand that innovation is important to maintain status in the ever-growing vape/e-cig market. But one has to make sure the innovation actually works, or it puts a bad mark on the company image.
  • edited July 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @MarkusKong as I said that we don't meet any leaking problems during our test.
    if any customer still have leaking problem,please feel free to contact our our service(service@aspirecig.com), they will very happy to help every customer out.
    If you want to search for our service,please help us to provide below information:
    The detailed description for your problem
    what resistance of coil did you use have the leaking problem?
    Where it is leaking?
    What kind of battery did you use?What wattage did you use?
    What is the vg/pg of your e-juice?
    Did it leaking while you using the tank or did it leaking when you let it stand up unused?
    A picture for the security code of your product?
    What's more,please help us do some checks:Please take clear pictures of the base, middle, and top hardware together and apart. On the pictures of each piece please also make sure to include a clear image of the o-ring seals inside the base hardware and the seals on the drip tip airflow control system. what’s more, Please be sure to check the o-ring seal inside of the drip tip airflow control system as well. Finally try to give your glass a twist inside of the encasement. To make sure that if the glass tub moves easily.Please don’t twist the glass tube too hard, otherwise, you will break the glass tube.

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you felt.
    Thank you so much for the supporting you have always given aspire.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire