CF VV battery non-functioning

I recently picked up a few of the CF series batteries, and all of them have worked great except for one. It worked fine for a while, and then suddenly... nothing.

Clicking the button: No lights, no voltage
Clicking 5 times quickly: No lights
Attempting to charge: The charger's light stays solid green while battery's button quickly blinks a very faint orange. The quick, faint orange blinking is continuous for as long as the battery is connected to the charger, it does NOT blink 15 times and then stop or anything like that.

I've made sure the contacts and threads are all clean. All of the batteries have been used with either a Mini Nautilus or K1 and charged on the Aspire charger, and this is the only one I've had any trouble with. Any ideas?
Comments
  • 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire and sorry to hear that.
    Would you please take a clear short video to show what you have done above(We can see what your have done and your problem from the video) to our service:service@aspirecig.com

Wish you all the best!
  • Was there ever a solution to this problem?
    I am having the exact same issue. My battery(yes, I checked and it isn't a copycat) got super hot, continued to get hotter when I wasn't using it, so I disconnected the tank(also authentic). I did not notice any blinking lights at the time but I was not paying attention.
    It would not turn on after that. I plugged it in to charge and the light blinks orange 3 times then stays orange with constant flickering. The charger light is red. The battery won't turn on when I press the button five times.

Thanks
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    While using,the battery will release power,the battery will get hot,it is normal,the temperature will go up decided by the using time.
    Our battery have heating reminding function,when customer use the battery constantly for 6-10 seconds,the light on the battery will flash to remind customer to loose fire button ,what's more,When the temperature reaches a certain degree,the battery will turn off and stop working.
    "I plugged it in to charge and the light blinks orange 3 times then stays orange with constant flickering. The charger light is red." from your description,We think the battery is charging.
    Please let the battery stay on the charger for full charged.

Have a nice day!
  • It has charged for over 8 hours. Still has an orange light and won't turn on. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
  • bloogootoo" said:
    It has charged for over 8 hours. Still has an orange light and won't turn on. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Dear bloogootoo,
    Did you use aspire original charger to charge the battery?
    Would you please let me know how did you charge the battery?
    Did you plug the USB charger to computer to charge the battery or plug the USB charger to wall adaptor to charge the battery?

What is the specification of your USB charger and the wall adaptor?(the output voltage and current)

Have a nice day!
  • Hello, I'm dealing with the same problem as dbecker311.

Clicking the button: No lights, no voltage.
    Attempting to charge: The charger's light stays solid green but no reaction for the battery (no orange light).
    I'm using the original Aspire's charger adaptor on wall.

Product code checked.
    The battery (even the whole nautilus pack) is 1 month old. This issue occurred very suddenly and I wasn't even using it when it stopped working.
    Contacts and threads are all clean.

Waiting for your answer.
  • amelle" said:
    Hello, I'm dealing with the same problem as dbecker311.

Clicking the button: No lights, no voltage.
    Attempting to charge: The charger's light stays solid green but no reaction for the battery (no orange light).
    I'm using the original Aspire's charger adaptor on wall.

Product code checked.
    The battery (even the whole nautilus pack) is 1 month old. This issue occurred very suddenly and I wasn't even using it when it stopped working.
    Contacts and threads are all clean.

Waiting for your answer.
    Dear amelle,
    Thank you for your supporting.
    Would you please take a clear video to show your problem to our service:service@aspirecig.com
    Our service will pass the video to our engineer.

Wish you all the best!
  • A video of what ?
    The battery doesn't work. There is nothing much to describe. I have said everything in my previous post.
    Can't you just pass on the information to your engineer yourself ?
  • amelle" said:
    A video of what ?
    The battery doesn't work. There is nothing much to describe. I have said everything in my previous post.
    Can't you just pass on the information to your engineer yourself ?
    Dear Customer,
    I am sorry that you need take a short video to show your problem to our service.
    Our service will pass your video to our engineer,they need analyze your problem.
    Hope you can Cooperate with our work

Best Wish.
  • Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet as mine has now done the same thing was working as normal the suddenly nothing it just died no response from the battery at all evan after pressing the button 5 times nothing and when I plug it into change all I get is a slow pulsating orange light I've left it to charge for hours and still nothing completely lifeless

When plugged in the light on the plug is blue so that has power and on the small square on the charger the LED light is green signalling it's fully charged it doesn't go red at all like it usually does when it needs charging
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    Charging Instructions:
    1.Unscrew the battery from the vaping components.
    2.Gently screw battery into the USB charger.
    3.Plug the USB into the supplied wall charger or computer.
    4.The battery will flash 3 times and then turn solid in color (Orange light in 3.2-3.5V, Blue light in 3.5-4.15V).
    please make sure that the battery flash 3 times,otherwise,the connection between the battery and the USB charger or the USB Charger to the computer or supplied wall charger is not working.
    5.The light on the USB charger will be red when charging.
    6.Once fully charged, the USB charger will display a green light, and the LED light on battery will turn off.

please use another charger to have a try.
    Please make sure the connector on the battery is clean and dry,no dirty things or e-juice or water.

Have a nice day!
  • Hi Jinnis,

I've tried all these things and its still completely dead nothing at all, its still in warranty as well is there anything further you can suggest i do ?

thanks
  • Dear Customer,
    We have six months warranty for our battery,but below situations are out of warranty.
    Artificially damaged
    Dropping
    The thread was stripped while using
    The connector is loose while using
    Other physical damages

If the battery under warranty,as Our after-sale process is :when consumer found what their bought is defective,they can firstly check the security code on our website to confirm if it is original,When customer check it on our website,it should be original,no one check it before you.then ask the dealer for exchange,every dealer is responsible for their products,we need the dealer's help,for we don't see the defective.when any qualiy problems occur, they can ask for exchange from their previous dealer.We will send the replacement to our authorized selles.
    We suggest customer to ask the seller for sevice,for we can not see the defective,if the seller confirm the product is defect,you exchange from the seller,if the seller bought the products from us directly,they can ask us for replacement,if the seller bought the products from our authorized distributors,our authorized distributors will replacement it.

Have a nice day!
  • having the same issue. blinks blue 3 times then changes to orange which it never did. does not charge. cleaned parts still doesn't work. is my battery still under warranty? nancymd please email me.
  • Mine has no life in it at all it's 3 month old the aspire k3 no lights come on at all
  • It's been charged and no lights come on changed charger cleaned the whole thing and nothing at all comes on at all
  • davy1280 said:

It's been charged and no lights come on changed charger cleaned the whole thing and nothing at all comes on at all

Sounds like you have a dead battery. The unit has a 3 month warranty.
  • I have the same issue. The charger light is green, and the light on the battery remains orange. i I have thoroughly cleaned all contact points and tried another identical charger.The pattery still won't charge. I purchased it March 3rd. Considering the amount of complaints and the fact this battery has been used less than 60 days, my deduction would be there is a flaw in the design. That is far more likely than this many people not caring for the battery properly
© 2015 Powered by Aspire