Aspire CF Sub-Ohm battery won't charge

Hi. New here my first post. I have owned my Aspire CF Sub-Ohm battery for over 2 months and match it with my Aspire Atlantis. Love it never had any problems. Recently I noticed my CF Sub-Ohm battery won't charge. I connect it to the charger, twist it in and then the charger has a solid red light and the battery has a solid blue light. After 3-4 seconds it starts blinking a red light on the charger now off and on when making connection and the Aspire CF Sub-Ohm battery now blinks around 20 times repedily with the blue light, then turns off. I can't seem to get it to charge. I tried different charging locations. Also bought a new charger thinking that was it but it still continues doing the same thing. Can someone help me? Thanks
Comments
  • 21 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I just bought my third Aspire CF Sub Ohm Battery ess than 30 days ago. it gave me the problem in charging.
    I would like to share with you on my POSITIVE "solution". I bought my first Aspire CF Sub Ohm Battery in February 2015, and then a second one from Amazon.com. Before I took my travel overseas last month, I ordered a third one, which arrived in September 2015. The new one refused to charge, after I charged it a few days ago and let it sit around. When I hooked it up to the charger, be it USB or external AC charger, it showed BLUE and then brinked many times. I thought the battery was a fake from an online store in the midwest vape shop. Or was the battery fried when I left in the car for a day? I then hooked it up with my Aspire Nautilus Mini BVD tank, it refused to fire. I tried to clean the terminal (but it was clean). I googled and found this Forum.

Out of desperation (the store has a stated policy NO REFUND NO RETURN), I hooked it up with my tank but leaving a little space [do NOT screw it in all the way in] , then press the button and simultaneously inhale. Voila, it fired it up and worked. Hence, I conclude now that it was fully charged. When I pressed the button 5 times, it never responded! Apparently the battery was in the sleep mode but refused to be activated when I pressed it 5 times (or for that matter, more than 10 times!)

With my two older CF Sub Ohm battery, it now functions well with occasional cleaning and follow the instruction to press the button 5 times (if there is still charge left in the battery) before I hook it to the charger. I am NOT using the Aspire battery, generic eGo type of charger. They all work well for now. Earlier I thought either one of them or both of them died. Problems with charging and get it fired up. Now, all my 3 CF Sub Ohm worked okay. I really hated the mechanical Mod, which is such a waste of time.

I hope that some of you will be able to solve your problem by trying this undocumented way. Is there a way to measure the voltage with a multimeter?

Happy vaping! I managed to completely quit smoking cigarettes after 50 years of cigarette smoking. :)] :)] :)]
    charlzrocks
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    Our battery have Overcharge Protection,when our battery full charged,or our battery detect instantaneous high voltage,the battery will flash 20 times then turn off and stop charging.
    Please use the battery with the Atlantis,press the fire button,what will happen with the battery and the Atlantis?
    What is the color on the battery?

Have a nice day!
  • Tina" said:
    Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    Our battery have Overcharge Protection,when our battery full charged,or our battery detect instantaneous high voltage,the battery will flash 20 times then turn off and stop charging.
    Please use the battery with the Atlantis,press the fire button,what will happen with the battery and the Atlantis?
    What is the color on the battery?

Have a nice day!
    It works just doesn't see to charge or show that it does for some reason. I use it for lets say a day off and on. I get home and charge it and it does this. I don't know if it is charging or not since no matter what charger I use on the battery it stays with a solid red dot every time I plug in the battery. I never know if it is fully charged or not but I assume every time it is since it is not charging it.
  • the battery seems to fire but I find it weird that it never shows when it's fully charged the light on the charger always stays red. I have tried 4 different chargers and they all do the same so I never know if it is actually charging or not. Happens regardless if the battery has been used or not. I always charge it ever night after using it through out the day. But it always does the same thing so I am not sure if the battery is faulty or actually charging. Just trying to be safe.
  • Dear Customer,
    Did you use our original charger.
    If the battery can be used and turn off after a long time charging.We think there is no problem with the battery.
    Please check if there is dirty on the connector of the charger,try use a clean cloth clean the connector.
    What's more,different brand charger have different standard for the full charged voltage.Our battery have Overcharge Protection,when our battery detected the full charged voltage,it will turn off and stopping charging,while the charger must reach to its standard voltage then turn green,but the battery have full charged and go into protection status and stopping charging,then the charger will not turn green.
    Have a nice day!
  • I am having the same problem. The battery will not fully charge and will not hold a charge more than a few puffs, does not matter how long I leave it on the charger. I have only had the unit for a couple weeks and it worked fine charged completely and lasted for the whole day.
  • I am also having a problem with my charging. when I plug it into one it will keep on going from red to green and gets warm. the other just stays red and I have never seen it go green. also the red light blinks on both of mine. Im worried about it blowing or frying it!!
  • Dear Customer,
    While charging,the light on the charger will flash red and green(which means the battery is charging,red long and green short).

Have a nice day!
  • Tina I seem to be having the same issues after 3 months and my CFVV+ battery sometimes lasting upto 2 whole days now I can't keep it alive after 2-4 puffs... it's really disappointing. I don't want to have to get a new one. Is there something I can do to fix this problem?
  • I've got the aspire package that comes with the mini nautilus and the CF VV+ 1000mAh 3.3-4.8v Output Battery
  • I'm having the same problem with my CF VV battery! Only had it a couple of weeks, now it's refusing to charge properly. Couple of good puffs, then virtually useless. When I use my spare (Inspired vapour, 1650mah) on my tank (Nautilus) it's fine.
  • me too 2-4 puffs dead - go recharge. blue light on batt/red light on charger. After few mins - batt button light goes out; green/red flash on charger. 3-5 mins later - charger goes green. Take it off; 2-4 puffs dead. 2 nautilus minis, and 1 full naut. not the tank - all 3 tanks work fine on other (much older) batts.

Cleaned the terminal on the batt & charger - nope - same thing
    Tried using the w/ Aspire wall plug - nope - same thing
    Tried using computer USB port - nope - same thing
    Tried using another charger (ego - slightly lower output than the aspire charger) - nope same thing.

Suggestions?
  • Hmmm... well, Aspire has a 6 month, non-transferable, warranty on their CF batteries.

Take them back to where you bought them (with your warranty card and receipt), and get an exchange. Then the store can send back the bad units to Aspire for further evaluation to find the root cause.
  • I'm having a different problem with mine. I have not used it for a few weeks and when I tried it a couple of days ago it was completely dead which is understandable. I thought it probably has discharged from not using it.

When I plugged it into my charger, the light on the charger went immediately to green which usually indicates it has finished charging. However, on the battery itself no lights came on at all.

I thought something might be wrong with the charger (I have been using a different branded charger but it has been working fine for me for months without any problems) so I went to a shop and bought a new aspire charger. Unfortunately when I plug it in no lights come on at all either on the charger or the battery. I left it plugged in for over 2 hours and still nothing. Is the battery inside dead? can it be replaced?

I bought mine in early March and the shop I got it from only gives a 1 month warranty :( . They also estimate in their terms and conditions that a battery life expectancy is 3-6 months. Is this really the case? Any help would be much appreciated.
  • mine was DOA tank is fine tested on my other mod. i50w from e-leaf. waiting on support to send me replacement for my Atlantas CF MAXX Battery button doesn't work.. usb charger included just goes click click click and color green/red blinking bottom ring spins in either direction not stops... bad product.. or just a fluke?
  • JohnKCal said:

I just bought my third Aspire CF Sub Ohm Battery ess than 30 days ago. it gave me the problem in charging.
    I would like to share with you on my POSITIVE "solution". I bought my first Aspire CF Sub Ohm Battery in February 2015, and then a second one from Amazon.com. Before I took my travel overseas last month, I ordered a third one, which arrived in September 2015. The new one refused to charge, after I charged it a few days ago and let it sit around. When I hooked it up to the charger, be it USB or external AC charger, it showed BLUE and then brinked many times. I thought the battery was a fake from an online store in the midwest vape shop. Or was the battery fried when I left in the car for a day? I then hooked it up with my Aspire Nautilus Mini BVD tank, it refused to fire. I tried to clean the terminal (but it was clean). I googled and found this Forum.

Out of desperation (the store has a stated policy NO REFUND NO RETURN), I hooked it up with my tank but leaving a little space [do NOT screw it in all the way in] , then press the button and simultaneously inhale. Voila, it fired it up and worked. Hence, I conclude now that it was fully charged. When I pressed the button 5 times, it never responded! Apparently the battery was in the sleep mode but refused to be activated when I pressed it 5 times (or for that matter, more than 10 times!)

With my two older CF Sub Ohm battery, it now functions well with occasional cleaning and follow the instruction to press the button 5 times (if there is still charge left in the battery) before I hook it to the charger. I am NOT using the Aspire battery, generic eGo type of charger. They all work well for now. Earlier I thought either one of them or both of them died. Problems with charging and get it fired up. Now, all my 3 CF Sub Ohm worked okay. I really hated the mechanical Mod, which is such a waste of time.

I hope that some of you will be able to solve your problem by trying this undocumented way. Is there a way to measure the voltage with a multimeter?

Happy vaping! I managed to completely quit smoking cigarettes after 50 years of cigarette smoking. :)] :)] :)]

Awesome news @JohnKCal we are glad you found a solution to the problem. All I can stress is to make absolutely sure that your Aspire is authentic before you purchase! The no refund no return policy is BS in my opinion. The best way to be sure is to buy from the Aspire online store.
  • I was having problems charging my cf sub . Then i chamged the usb block that plugs in the outlet thing .it has to be a good one i use a samsung fast charge block . I was using one that didnt put out enough volts .hope this helps .i get more hits now more then i can cou t .before i did fix it i was only getting like 5 big hits till dead
  • I have had the same problem. I have had my aspire for about 2 months and the battery will not charge. I have cleaned the connections. I've used different chargers. I've tried different outlets. I even had the guy at the vape shop plug it in for over an hour. The battery flashes red 20 times and at best I get 2 or 3 puffs before it's completely dead. Is there a warranty shop I can send it in to?
  • Hi - I have had the same problem twice now.
    It must be a fault ..?
    I put mine on charge and the red light comes on then goes off and the green one comes on
    It doesn't matter how long you leave it or what you do it will not charge.
    I'll never buy another one
  • Since how long did you have your device ?
    All batteries have a limited charge/discharge count, you probably reached it's limit ...
  • I resolved this issue by using a small 420 mwh charger to kickstart the sub ohm battery. Light on the mini charger went from red to yellow, then green and sub ohm button light lit yellow, I then hooked up the standard Aspire charger and continued to charge successfully. Previous to using the mini charger, I could get no lights at all from the sub-ohm battery and the Aspire charger only showed a green light.
© 2017 Powered by Aspire