Different revisions of BVC coils?

Hi,

I've purchased a K1 and I'm very happy with it. A few days later I ordered a pack of BVCs via Amazon. Unfortunately the supplier, a austrian company, placed a Barcode label over the Aspire Scratch label, so I was not able to verify if they are authentic. Packaging and everything else looks ok.

Now I replaced the included coil from the K1 and noticed a slight difference, the air holes from the included coils a much bigger than the ones from the replaced coils. Everything else looks the same. Both are specified with 1.8 Ohm and 4.2 to 5.0V

Have you changed the size of the holes over time?

KR
Comments
  • 27 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've noticed that too. I actually like the new BVC 1.8 coils this way. A lot better airflow. Did you guys change the wicking too?
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for your concern.
    About the material we used on our Atlantis coils,we have gave the responsible announcement:
    viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16958
    Doubts and fears are due to the lack of cognition. Due to the unfamiliar and unknown on the ceramic fiber used in Atlantis atomizer, Aspire R&D team has been researching to use the organic cotton which is widely accepted by people instead of our present material on the premise of maintaining the optimal performance and stability of our products to meet your attention and requirements.We are now doing running charging.
    If any information,our marketing department will post on our website.
    Please pay high attention to our website.

Happy weekend.
  • Thank you for response. Maybe I should of stated what coils. I'm not concern about the wicking being ceramic. I was just wondering if you changed the nautilus mini bvc coils to cotton. I love your products. I hope you have a great weekend.
  • Dear Customer,
    The same with our nautilus BVC coils.

Have a nice day!
  • I'm still a bit confused. So is Aspire changing the wicking material to organic cotton in all BVC coils, including the Nautilus coils? And if so, when can we expect those Nautilus organic cotton coil heads on the US market? And how will be able to know which coils come with cotton?
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you very much for supporting aspire and thank you very much for your concern.
    There were some talks about the ceramic firber material we used in our Atlantis atomizer before.We at aspire
    have paid high attention to this discussion and gave the responsible responses here.
    We are sure that it is safe as long as it’s properly used and kept saturated during use.

Doubts and fears are due to the lack of cognition. Due to the unfamiliar and unknown on the ceramic fiber used in Atlantis atomizer,customers prefer to accept the things they known like organic cotton.We at aspire listen to customers' voice, Aspire R&D team has been researching to use the organic cotton which is widely accepted by people instead of our present material,after testing,we found that the flavor is more better just like customers suggested.We done running change soon.
    All the Nautilus BVC coils and Atlantis coils be shipped out to be full organic cotton from Mar.2

Have a nice day!
  • Do you have a date of release for this change for the k1 Aspire BVC Coils?
  • Thank you, Tina. This is very good news.
  • millie2" said:
    Do you have a date of release for this change for the k1 Aspire BVC Coils?
    Dear Customer,
    It is the same with our BVC series coils for K1 and BVC series clearomizer.

Have a nice day!
  • Thank you. I look forward to trying the new coils on my Nautilus and K1.
  • Hi, i have recently purchased two sets of bvc coils (not the nautilus) and they are different. one set has a vertical hole all the way through the bottom pin, the other has a hole through the side of the bottom pin. They were purchased online from two different local stores in the last month. the packets look identical. Are these both authentic - they both come with a scratch code,
    thanks
  • Sounds to me like you got one set of BDC coils (vertical hole all the way through the bottom pin) and one set of BVC coils (hole through the side of the bottom pin. Both will work in your Aspire BVC device, the BVC (Bottom Vertical Coil) is the updated version of the BDC (Bottom Dual Coil). Cheers!
  • @Bkessler7638 I've tried the new coils and gurgling and leaking is a big problem.I've had too put two old rubber seals off old burnt out coils over the air holes and guess what it works perfectly fine.aspire please sort this crap out to mych6money spent now getting fed up with spending on equipment.
  • @charlzrocks thanks for replying. both were ordered as BVC and came in BVC boxes. Both scratch codes are valid. Wondering if there is a new BVC with a vertical hole or they simply put BDC coils in a BVC box?
  • @makadalu would you please take a picture to show the difference,I will check for you.
    Please make sure the security code is original,no one check the security code before you.if the security code has been checked one or more times before you.It is fake aspire product.
  • the one on the left is a BDC, the one in the middle is labelled BVC, the one on the right is a BVC.
    photo.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
    photo.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    photo.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    photo.jpg 1.5M
    photo.jpg 1.5M
    photo.jpg 1.5M
  • @Tina photos on post above. the security code on box was untouched - it checked out as genuine.
  • @makadalu The one on the right is the newest version.We made this change from last year.
  • @Tina so the middle one is the old BVC?
  • @Tina how are ANY of those pictures BVC's? None of them have the threading to twist down into the chimney (the BVC's have threading at BOTH ends.
  • Oops my bad. You're talking about non-Nautilus :)
  • I have been using bvc coils on CE5 for some time. I bought 2 packs of new ones and they are different- there is no scratch code and the top of the pin is a bit wider than the old one and the pin is slightly longer than the old one. They dont work either! Cant drag on them and they gurgle and leak. Are they fakes??
  • My above post refers to Non Nautilus coils
  • CJM said:

I have been using bvc coils on CE5 for some time. I bought 2 packs of new ones and they are different- there is no scratch code and the top of the pin is a bit wider than the old one and the pin is slightly longer than the old one. They dont work either! Cant drag on them and they gurgle and leak. Are they fakes??

From what retailer did you buy them? There are some bvc coils that are proprietary to a specific branding such as "Smokeless Image" which have longer posts to fit their proprietary eGo type battery.
  • Dear Customer,
    Thank you for supporting aspire!
    We had a little change for our BVC series clearomizer,made the airflow hole on the coil bigger.

Have a nice day!
© 2015 Powered by Aspire