i just quit 35 yrs of smoking!

Ive smoked cigs heavily since I was 15.Using the Aspire Atlantis, I havent had a cig since the day I bought it.I tried all of the stop smoking aids out there, waste of time.6 days smoke free now.Very confident I'm done with cigs now.Im gonna save a buttload of money too .Ive NEVER lasted this long without before.Im so happy I can just, well I wont say it here.
Comments
  • 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Great, Edward! It took me about one week to kick the cigs after I got my first vape.

Word of caution, if you want to save money, don't turn vaping into a hobby :lol: I have three vapes now, juice, spare usb cords, etc. I'm not saving $ for sh!t :lol:
  • Good for you!! I quit a forty year habit a month ago. Cigarette cost = $180/month. Now I have that much money to spend on whatever I want to spend it on, even if it's silly. Because how much more silly can what I spend it on be than spending it on cigarettes?!!
    My strategy was a month of 21 mg patches. I'm on 14 mg now, for another month. Then, on to 7 mg for a month or more, and finally to a bandaid as a placebo. I vape No Nicotine juice.
    A cigarette contains about 1 mg of nicotine. Ejuice contains up to 36 mg nicotine per ml. I vape up to four ml of juice per day. That would be the nicotine equivalent of about seven packs of cigarettes!!
    Plus, by vaping nicotine juice, one is still subject to the ups and downs of nicotine withdrawal followed by replenishment. I want off that roller coaster.
    It seemed logical to balance my nicotine level by use of the patch. Vaping serves another purpose and is becoming more and more optional. Vaping is great for strolling or watching TV or reading. But I don't need to "step outside for a vape" since I'm not craving a nicotine fix. My patch takes care of that.
    If anyone chooses to try this technique, you will want to leave the initial 21 mg patch on 24/7 for the first week so you don't crave nicotine when you wake up. Yes, you'll have some anxiety dreams. And avoid some triggers (I always smoked with sugar/cream coffee, not with black coffee, so I drank black coffee until I felt more confident I wouldn't trigger a cigarette urge).
    Nevertheless, however one chooses to use vaping, it is a much less painful method than the traditional "cold turkey" withdrawal (which tends to fail for 95% of those who try it!!).
  • [Well done Edward!

I haven't lit up a single ciggy since I get my hand on an Aspire product last month. 15 years of tobacco smoking habit is gone, and I feeling confident to keep going!
  • Portege" said:
    [Well done Edward!

I haven't lit up a single ciggy since I get my hand on an Aspire product last month. 15 years of tobacco smoking habit is gone, and I feeling confident to keep going!
    Come on!we believe in you. :D
© 2017 Powered by Aspire